I'm craving......

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48
Potato - yes. Brussels sprouts - no. :D
:lol: Don't you like veggies, Chris? I have the same aversion to fruit. I love veggies though.

I like some veggies. Not Brussels sprouts or asparagus though. :cheeky-smiley-018:

You may send your asparagus and Brussels sprouts my way. I love them both, especially the "alien heads".

A lot of people like asparagus. I've tried cooking them a bunch of different ways and I've come to the conclusion that I just don't like them! Lol.

Maybe what you need, is to try some of Julia Child's Hollandaise (zero calories, no doubt) sauce with your veggies! Yummy!

Oh yeah, hollandaise is great on asparagus. It's good on eggs benedict but I put it on plain ole scrambled eggs too sometimes. It's easy to make.

I love asparagus...cooked to death and served with mayo! Yum!

I like my veggies steamed, with just a bit of crunch left to them. Many of my veggies are really good raw, too.

Comes from having a grandmother with a mania for gardening (or small-scale farming, however you want to look at it) who believed that between-meal snacks should be pulled up, hosed off, and eaten right on the spot.

:lol: Don't you like veggies, Chris? I have the same aversion to fruit. I love veggies though.

I like some veggies. Not Brussels sprouts or asparagus though. :cheeky-smiley-018:

You may send your asparagus and Brussels sprouts my way. I love them both, especially the "alien heads".

A lot of people like asparagus. I've tried cooking them a bunch of different ways and I've come to the conclusion that I just don't like them! Lol.

Maybe what you need, is to try some of Julia Child's Hollandaise (zero calories, no doubt) sauce with your veggies! Yummy!

Oh yeah, hollandaise is great on asparagus. It's good on eggs benedict but I put it on plain ole scrambled eggs too sometimes. It's easy to make.

Ugh. Can't stand hollandaise sauce. No matter who makes it, or how delicious everyone tells me it is, it still tastes to me like someone whipped raw eggs and poured them on my food. :puke:

I boil mine for a few minutes, then transfer it to my grill pan and let it get those nice grill marks, while cooking it the rest of the way in lemon and butter. Yummy!

Haven't tried it that way. :eusa_think:

I'm not a fan of it, TBH.

Ugh. Can't stand hollandaise sauce. No matter who makes it, or how delicious everyone tells me it is, it still tastes to me like someone whipped raw eggs and poured them on my food. :puke:

:lol:

I'm not crazy about it either. I feel the same about asparagus. Everyone keeps telling me how good they taste. ;)

No, it's tangier than just eggs. I really like it on many things but especially asparagus and eggs benedict.

I usually have my veggies pretty plain. When I have sweet potatoes, I prefer them just mashed with some butter, salt and pepper. Other people love things like sweet potato pie . . . . meh . . .

Wait a sec! Are potatoes considered a vegetable? :dunno: Well, regardless, they are to me! Lol.

I like butternut squash too, which I had today at my auntie's house. It was SO delicious, just mashed with butter, salt and pepper. Perfect! :D

I think butternut squash is the best of the squashes. Butternut squash soup is really good too. I never really liked sweet potatoes. Too bitter or something.

:lol:

I'm not crazy about it either. I feel the same about asparagus. Everyone keeps telling me how good they taste. ;)

Well, we like what we like. As long as there are healthy veggies you DO like, that works. It's only when you decide ALL veggies are bad and won't eat them that you have a problem.

My children love vegetables, thank goodness, but they each have some they just won't touch. So I just don't cook those.

Personally, I like my vegetables with garlic butter and dill, or maybe a brown sugar glaze. And you can never go wrong with cheese.

I usually have my veggies pretty plain. When I have sweet potatoes, I prefer them just mashed with some butter, salt and pepper. Other people love things like sweet potato pie . . . . meh . . .

Can't stand sweet potatoes, although I can occasionally tolerate sweet potato fries. Mostly just too fibrous for me. I have the same problem with tiger shrimp. My system just can't digest them well.

Have you had asparagus in its uncooked state? I know a few people who hate it cooked, but like it raw. I like it any old way. :)

That never occurred to me. :D I do like raw peas better than cooked ones . . . green beans too.

Forum List

Back