I'm changing my politcal lean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmdr Sheppard

Rookie
Mar 6, 2011
Let me start by saying that I've been a conservative and Republican my entire adult life, but lately I have been finding myself veering away from the Grand Old Party. Conservativism is, or at least was, based on the principle of a small government that provides people with both personal and economic freedoms. Unfortunately now being a conservative seemingly means that you you want a big and powerful government, just like the liberals want. Initially I supported the status quo, keeping everything the way it has been, since while the world most certainly isn't perfect, it's still around and America is still the best and most powerful hegemony in the world.

Being a conservative has always meant that you disagree with the liberals, but now you're not only supposed to disagree with them, but you're supposed to hate them, harass them, and blame everything that ever goes wrong on them. These new leaders of conservativism such as Sarah Palin, they don't represent what I believe in. I have some very differing political beliefs, incorporating ideas from both parties.

For instance, I support gun ownership, abortion, animal rights, stem cell research, eugenics, genetics, Jonathanland independence, LGBT rights, prostitution, marijuana legalization, human cloning, womens' rights, teen rights, space exploration, energy conservation, environmental protection, Americanization, globalization, sexual freedoms, NATO, pro-Israel, pro-South Korea, lowering the age of consent to 13, and lowering the drinking age to 18. However I'm opposed to illegal immigration, censorship, government surveillance, recognition of the Palestinian Territories, terrorism, school uniforms, slavery, unethical business practices, creating an unfriendly environment for businesses, pork barrel projects, rewriting the US Constitution, Muslims who want special treatment, Westboro not-Baptist Church, and the death penalty. I'm mixed on issues such as the War on Terrorism, massive military spending, socialized healthcare, NAFTA, ban of fully automatic weapons, and socialized education. So I really just don't know where I stand anymore and am changing my political lean to independent.

Last edited:
Surprise.jpg

Let me start by saying that I've been a conservative and Republican my entire adult life, but lately I have been finding myself veering away from the Grand Old Party. Conservativism is, or at least was, based on the principle of a small government that provides people with both personal and economic freedoms. Unfortunately now being a conservative seemingly means that you you want a big and powerful government, just like the liberals want. Initially I supported the status quo, keeping everything the way it has been, since while the world most certainly isn't perfect, it's still around and America is still the best and most powerful hegemony in the world.

Being a conservative has always meant that you disagree with the liberals, but now you're not only supposed to disagree with them, but you're supposed to hate them, harass them, and blame everything that ever goes wrong on them. These new leaders of conservativism such as Sarah Palin, they don't represent what I believe in. I have some very differing political beliefs, incorporating ideas from both parties.

For instance, I support gun ownership, abortion, animal rights, stem cell research, eugenics, genetics, Jonathanland independence, LGBT rights, prostitution, marijuana legalization, human cloning, womens' rights, teen rights, space exploration, energy conservation, environmental protection, Americanization, globalization, sexual freedoms, NATO, pro-Israel, pro-South Korea, lowering the age of consent to 13, and lowering the drinking age to 18. However I'm opposed to illegal immigration, censorship, government surveillance, recognition of the Palestinian Territories, terrorism, school uniforms, slavery, unethical business practices, creating an unfriendly environment for businesses, pork barrel projects, rewriting the US Constitution, Muslims who want special treatment, Westboro not-Baptist Church, and the death penalty. I'm mixed on issues such as the War on Terrorism, massive military spending, socialized healthcare, NAFTA, ban of fully automatic weapons, and socialized education. So I really just don't know where I stand anymore and am changing my political lean to independent.

well said... i am a "non party conservative". i don't think that it's so much you changing, as it is ideology changing around you. political philosophy cycles like the seasons and the economy. i think you are where many, many americans are today, but more tuned in, perhaps engaged in the process.

Last edited:
Lol..yeah, right.

"We're not in the minority...it's just that the majority doesn't know they agree with us!"

LOL, see ya. You'll fit right in the Progressive-Commies-Democrats.

WTF is 'Johnathanland independence'? What does "supporting genetics" mean?

Btw, I love how you put school uniforms in between terrorism and slavery. :lol:

well said... i am a "non party conservative". i don't think that it's so much you changing, as it is ideology changing around you. political philosophy cycles like the seasons and the economy. i think you are where many, many americans are today, but more tuned in, perhaps engaged in the process.

Looks like we're both in the same situation.

LOL, see ya. You'll fit right in the Progressive-Commies-Democrats.

seems a litte harsh steph, a lot of people feel uneasy about the party choices, or the man they voted for in 08

Not harsh, just telling the truth.:lol:[/QUOTE

no, i don't see questioning the stance of the gop as being anything but what it is, not necessarily a gateway drug to liberal alley, and the poltical intellectual equivalent to skid row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back