I'm changing my politcal lean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the libbies will make us all equal and they'll use someone else's money to do it.
Gee.....I thought that God (to which all Conservatives refer....incessantly) already took-care-o'-that?

:eusa_eh:
More proof of your bigotry, in this case religious bigotry. All progressives are at heart bigots of one type or another. Also proof of your own ignorance of conservativism, I am a staunch conservative and I have no religion. Dumbass.

ben, since you are one of the more obvious bigots here, you must be liberal by your definitions.

I'm for whoever the political party is that tells the truth. None of them seems to do much of that anymore. It's all one-upsmanship, finger pointing, tongue wagging, seeing who can call the other the most original sort of liar and everybody is on the take and just one step away from being in prison. American politics is down the shitter. I don't know of a single politician that is worth the paper his name is written on.

Let me start by saying that I've been a conservative and Republican my entire adult life, but lately I have been finding myself veering away from the Grand Old Party. Conservativism is, or at least was, based on the principle of a small government that provides people with both personal and economic freedoms. Unfortunately now being a conservative seemingly means that you you want a big and powerful government, just like the liberals want. Initially I supported the status quo, keeping everything the way it has been, since while the world most certainly isn't perfect, it's still around and America is still the best and most powerful hegemony in the world.

Being a conservative has always meant that you disagree with the liberals, but now you're not only supposed to disagree with them, but you're supposed to hate them, harass them, and blame everything that ever goes wrong on them. These new leaders of conservativism such as Sarah Palin, they don't represent what I believe in. I have some very differing political beliefs, incorporating ideas from both parties.

For instance, I support gun ownership, abortion, animal rights, stem cell research, eugenics, genetics, Jonathanland independence, LGBT rights, prostitution, marijuana legalization, human cloning, womens' rights, teen rights, space exploration, energy conservation, environmental protection, Americanization, globalization, sexual freedoms, NATO, pro-Israel, pro-South Korea, lowering the age of consent to 13, and lowering the drinking age to 18. However I'm opposed to illegal immigration, censorship, government surveillance, recognition of the Palestinian Territories, terrorism, school uniforms, slavery, unethical business practices, creating an unfriendly environment for businesses, pork barrel projects, rewriting the US Constitution, Muslims who want special treatment, Westboro not-Baptist Church, and the death penalty. I'm mixed on issues such as the War on Terrorism, massive military spending, socialized healthcare, NAFTA, ban of fully automatic weapons, and socialized education. So I really just don't know where I stand anymore and am changing my political lean to independent.

No political party completely represents registered voters. You go with the party that best represents your views. Franky I smell a setup shep. You list a paragraph of stuff that you like and the GOP supports including gun rights and then you talk about a ban on fully automatic weapons. There is a ban on fully automatic weapons. Maybe you need to get better educated so you can straight instead of leaning.

Possibly both. One of the NAMBLA folks let it out that he was a supporter of such, and within three weeks no merchant within thirty miles would serve him custom at all: groceries, gas, etc. They were passing his picture around to make sure he was denied service. Had to sell his house at a great loss to just leave the area. Que lastima.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back