I'm afraid I'm going to have to put my friend down soon

Back on the old Yahoo message boards, we had a poster that stopped with the going back of forth and wrote a heartfelt post about his faithful dog dying. I could never do the original post justice but I read it many times and it always moved me.....so here it is to the best of my memory.

"I had to dig a hole today....the hole wasn't near as hard to dig as it was to fill it. We raised her from a puppy and you will never find a more faithful or loyal dog. She would wait, watch for me to put on my shoes and then she would accompany me to the mailbox that was a good walk because we have a farm and not close to the road. As she got on in years and struggled to make the walk, she never lost the enthusiasm. She watched over us like the faithful companion that she was until she passed on....she was a tried and true friend."

My prayers are with you and its something I've done for all my dogs. They all passed on in my arms.

Its the price we humans pay for having dogs, cats and other animals in our lives. If only they lived longer.

Molly is a beautiful pure bread lab. The kind you see on boxes and dog food sacks.
She's now past 13. She has a real hard time getting up. She's on estrogen. Sometimes she looks so stressed out.
She used to go golfing with me, and the people on the course loved her.
She was great to take fishing loved to retrieve when hunting.
When the time comes I don't know if I can do it.

I had a white German Shepherd who was my companion when my wife and I split and I lived alone. Always there when I got home, giving me total love and affection. She got displesia and I had to put her down. My only solace - as it will be yours - is that she no longer suffered.

Forum List

Back