Illegal Employer Problem

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by sealybobo, Feb 6, 2009.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,231
    Republicans like to blame bleeding heart liberals for illegal immigration. But the fact is, if people weren't hiring them, they'd go home. Who's hiring them? Small business owners? Aren't they typically Republicans?

Here are three great articles on the subject:

ThomHartmann.com - Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

ThomHartmann.com - Illegal Workers: the Con's Secret Weapon

ThomHartmann.com - Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

2. Walt

Walt Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Sealybobo, I agree that the repubs, do not help the situation at all with their hiring of illegals. However I also see that the majority, if not all, mayors of sanctuary cities are dems { I cannot think of a mayor who is a repub doing this}. Also dems also own business and hire illegals. So what we get is a bunch of bloviating rhetoric from both sides while the problem continues. All I can think of when it comes to our politicans "talking" about solving problems is Mel Brooks in Blazing Saddles pounding his desk saying "we have to protect our phoney baloney jobs gentelmen". Alot of talk, while things continue to deteroriate and nothing really worth while gets accomplished. IMHO.

3. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,237
    Liberals are to blame for the illegals 'more' than conservatives. Liberals want to give them drivers licenses, liberals want them to be able to vote, liberals don't want a fence, liberals convict good border guards like Ramos and Compean, liberals create sanctuary cities NYC and San Franqueerco, liberals want to call them undocumented immigrants instead of what they are, ILLEGAL ALIENS... shall I go on?

Sure there's a repub or two that are sell outs, like bush and mcamnesty, but not many otherwise. You liberals have always been illegal alien coddlers and excuse makers. Just ask one like Sky Dancer.

I agree 100% with one point you've made, and that's that if no one would hire them, they'd have no reason to come here, but liberals have also fought against E-verify, which conservatives support.

So sorry, but you argue a losing battle when you try and blame conservatives for the illegal alien problem and not the liberals.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  4. Wolfmoon

Wolfmoon U B U & I'll B Me 4 USA!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +146
    What about making the American employers obey the local, state and federal laws already on the books. Americans should report any employer hiring illegal aliens. If the employers can't make a living without lying, cheating and breaking the laws. Maybe, the employer shouldn't be in business in the first place and the employer should go get a job!

Excerpt:

Sec. 274A. [8 U.S.C. 1324a]

(a) Making Employment of Unauthorized Aliens Unlawful.-
    (1) In general.-It is unlawful for a person or other entity-
    (A) to hire, or to recruit or refer for a fee, for employment in the United States an alien
    knowing the alien is an unauthorized alien (as defined in subsection (h)(3)) with respect to such
    employment, or

.ExternalClass DIV{;}
    [PDF] http://www.uscis.gov/propub/DocView/slbid/1/2/111?hilite=

124k - Adobe PDF - View as html
    ... Employment of Unauthorized Aliens ... is unlawful for a person or other entity, after hiring an alien for ... 274A - UNLAWFUL

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  5. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,706