IL bans self service gas?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I saw this on Bulls and bears yesterday so, I was looking for the threads about this stunt but I haven't found one yet

I question the intelligence of a lot of folks that pump their own fuel... Of coarse if their mental acuteness is on the lower end of the spectrum, how in the hell did they get a DL? Oh yeah... Their illegal...

I think it’s a kind of welfare program. Pay people $15/hr to pump gas?

I can’t imagine any other reason.

Yep, give those folks in IL a chance to sit on their butts, do nothing, and feel special.

Yep, give those folks in IL a chance to sit on their butts, do nothing, and feel special.

It will give them a chance to bitch about the "racism" of Exxon Mobil for charging more for gasoline in Illinois than in Iowa or Indiana

I live in NJ and we ban self serve

Best thing we ever did

What's so fantastic about it?

Look at me!
I’m pumping gas

I get to sit in my car in the cold and rain and have someone else pump for me

You don’t really think any of the savings from not having an attendant passes on to you, do you?

Fair enough. But why MANDATE it? There are full service gasoline stations in these parts too, but not that many.

I live in NJ and we ban self serve

Best thing we ever did

What's so fantastic about it?

Look at me!
I’m pumping gas

I get to sit in my car in the cold and rain and have someone else pump for me

You don’t really think any of the savings from not having an attendant passes on to you, do you?

Fair enough. But why MANDATE it? There are full service gasoline stations in these parts too, but not that many.
Because if given the choice, they will leave a few overpriced full service pumps and get you to go self serve

I remember the days when no one pumped their own gas. The attendant did it and checked the oil, the water and cleaned the windows. You paid the attendant.

Why are they turning back the clock?

Oregon has had no self service gas stations...like for ever. If you go to pump your own by habit
they get really pissed off at you.

Yes in NJ You'll have brown sand people yell at you in a funny language

Up and down on 17 and 4. ...and places like Hoboken no self serve pimps that I know of

Last edited:

Forum List

Back