IL bans self service gas?

Seems like a bad idea.

It wasn't that difficult back in the day, gas stations closed at night, and there were enough of them that it wasn't that busy being a pump man. You only had a few pumps to watch

But nowadays, you have stations with 30 or 40 pumps, open 24/7, who the hell would want to do it nowadays. It would drive the average man insane running around that many cars.

Full Serve is awesome!

nqtxAj3mnGSY47bIZEOiQlMeCrk_adEf15OaxtfBuAVDfM_mrwXDqnhsJ-DxGfKp5bf2H5HZva5kDWzc59y2xFcUxwc2QqKe5IAE0_kfyhriWXRhjrMICGq0HjHGCsEuYTKCa-S67l_kcOEivoPEDtVJCors_PK4C6gRReL0bfNgC-6YU7auZgypwa_ZwGE40-8

When I was a kid most gas stations offered both. Now its all self serve. Pumping gas is one of the easier things in life I do on a weekly basis. Not sure of any real benefit to self serve not even being an option.

I live in NJ and we ban self serve

Best thing we ever did

What's so fantastic about it?

Look at me!
I’m pumping gas

I get to sit in my car in the cold and rain and have someone else pump for me

You don’t really think any of the savings from not having an attendant passes on to you, do you?
The full service gas stations around here charge about 35 cent more a gallon. I'll pump my own.

It's been years since I have even seen full service.
In Mn years ago, a few stations offered it and no one went to full service pumps creating lines at the self serve as it was cheaper. So they all became self serve.
The consumer forced that decision.
As someone stated. What would be the added labor cost of these mega stations with 40 pumps?
People hate waiting for service and that trend continues with self checkout lanes at stores.

Is full service still mandatory in Oregon? I visited back in like 1998 and they fucking freaked out when I tried to put gas on my rental car on my own. You would have thought I robbed the fucking place.

They must have repealed that stupid fucking law, right?

I will submit that anyone who believes that Full Serve should not be an option has never pumped gas in Illinois in mid-Winter.

theshiningjpg-1430d2e4d61f00d0.jpg

And all the costs of hiring gas pumpers will be rolled into the price of gasoline and PAID BY YOU!

I will submit that anyone who believes that Full Serve should not be an option has never pumped gas in Illinois in mid-Winter.

theshiningjpg-1430d2e4d61f00d0.jpg

Of course it should be an option. Anyone who owns a gas station should have the option to offer full serve.

We are talking about government mandated MANDATORY only Full Service.

What’s with the strawman on such a simple issue?

Forum List

Back