Zone1 Ignore feature

As per the question in the op

• Yes

• No

• Too complex for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't like it when they keep @ing me. I think it is rude if you already have asked them to stop. I can't use ignore feature and they weren't using red letters. They simply were attacking me. They were more intent to attack me then just stop.
@ing? What is that?

I put the bbqbro what's his face guy in the hole, just because he sits over in the middle east screwing up the board's feed by trying to always be first posting something with a steady flow of dumb sht and purposefully framing it in the most shallow of perspectives to keep it dumbed down.

Really though, the whole forum scene is becoming tiresome and uninteresting. It's like that groundhog day movie. It's not that there aren't some good people on here. There certainly are. There's just more to life. But Spring gets closer by the day, so...

I've had one on ignore for several months. There are about two more I've considered ignoring too. Next time either one of them acts up they will probably join the first one.

I never use it
I have some posters that I usually skip their posts but never put anyone on ignore

I think most who use it just want to read posts from people that agree with them
It's the only forum where I have one person on ignore.

What it is, if you've answered a question but they don't like the answer, they incessantly ask you the same question, in different threads on the same topic, many times continuously . In other forums, that person gets dinged by the mods if they keep repeating the same old question, probably classed as trolling. So I had to put that idiot on ignore, first time ever.

The Greenhorn who uses ignore shoots themselves in the foot due to (apparently) not being able to see what they might have not wanted to miss. It's the wrong reason to post if one is concerned about winning popularity contests, if one is jonesing for recognition and responses.

I use it for various reasons.....

Mostly to get shed of mean-spirited and humorless clods. I don't like them in real life so why deal with them here? Same with serial contrarians.

Those that post threads no end (like that basquebromance guy) so I can actually see what threads others post. Not a bad guy, just too prolific and needs a life.

Agree wholeheartedly. ^^

I also use the ignore feature, I find it extremely helpful! ;)

Thread Cleaned

Just a reminder that this is posted in ZONE 1 - not ZONE 3.

Me? I've never put anyone on ignore. Why? Because this is an ANONYMOUS message board, and if I don't know you, your opinion doesn't really matter much to me. Sometimes, there are people who I consider trolls who might actually put out a cogent thought I can use once in a while (although rare, I still don't want to miss out on something good).

Besides, if I'm so thin skinned that phosphor dots on an anonymous message board can form words that will impact my sense of self worth, I probably don't belong on a message board.

And, even with the stalkers, I've found it's more fun to interact with them, especially when they keep trying to say things they think will get under my skin. Best way to deal with them? Respond in a civil, moderately polite way, and inform them as to why you don't agree, backing it up with links. Eventually, when they aren't getting the response they are looking for, they either quit, or melt down themselves, trying to get me upset. Sometimes it's quite comical to see a troll end up having a melt down when they find out they can't get under your skin. I've actually had trolls who tried to insult me that ended up melting down and then putting ME on ignore for not taking the bait.

If a person wants to get under my skin, that can only happen if I care about or value your opinion or you as a person. And sorry, but that doesn't happen in the virtual world. In order to actually matter to me, I have to know you in real life.

I actually enjoy seeing some of the dumbest motherfuckers posts when I have them on ignore. All I’m subjected to is a green box with their name and a message that the member is ignored. 👍

It irritates some of the worst offenders so much that they are reduced to replying to me only with the thumbs down (disagree) emoticon or the (derisive) laughter emoticon. It cracks me up when a shithead like boredtoseeya can’t do or say anything beyond that.

The 'ignore' feature works excellent on this forum, it really does. Sometimes people put others on ignore because they are not interested in what they are saying. It lessens the amount of bandwidth to wade thru in order to read those replies you want to.

I've only ever once, on another forum, put another luser on “ignore”. Not someone that was particularly hateful or disagreeable, but someone who just constantly posted stupid non-sequiturs that added nothing to any conversation, and just tended to be disruptive.

I found my one attempted use of the ignore feature to be unsatisfactory. As long as others responded to the idiot in question, the thread was still broken and disrupted, and all the ignore feature did was create holes that took the responses out of context by hiding the posts to which others were foolishly responding.

The same idiot, danielpalos later showed up on this forum, was active for about seven years, but now appears to have been permanently banned.

52667677669_918852a96a_c.jpg

The 'ignore' feature works excellent on this forum, it really does. Sometimes people put others on ignore because they are not interested in what they are saying. It lessens the amount of bandwidth to wade thru in order to read those replies you want to.
It’s a useful feature to have and works well for some if you can’t ignore them routinely or need a break from a button pusher and can’t otherwise ignore them. The funny thing is, the more I just ignore someone (not using the “ignore” feature) is the easier it is to keep on doing it.

What I don’t get is people who routinely have to announce that they have so and so on ignore and thus can’t read their post….but still seem know there is a post out there and have to announce it?

Or people who demand you don’t respond them because they want to ignore you, but then they turn around and post about you or indirectly respond to your post and then claim harrassment if you do respond.

If you want to ignore someone, why would you post about them? If you want to ignore someone, why announce it?

05239e0b418e4827ad6fc3007a91851c.jpg

There's likely a lot of people wishing they could use an ignore button in real life.

Forum List

Back