• Yes

• No

• Too complex for me

Results are only viewable after voting.

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England
Do people use the ignore feature because they believe it's the only option due to, what they believe, ineffective moderation and/or due to a possible gap in the rules.

I have only one idiot on ignore, otherwise I wouldn't have any.

Do people use the ignore feature because they believe it's the only option due to, what they believe, ineffective moderation and/or due to a possible gap in the rules.

I never use it
I have some posters that I usually skip their posts but never put anyone on ignore

I think most who use it just want to read posts from people that agree with them

Supporting free speech sometimes means one needs to plug one's ears

shut-up-lalala.gif

~S~

my policy is i don't put anyone on ignore or block people on social media except in extreme circumstances

every person has a dignity and the right of his voice to be heard by everyone

I use it for various reasons.....

Mostly to get shed of mean-spirited and humorless clods. I don't like them in real life so why deal with them here? Same with serial contrarians.

Those that post threads no end (like that basquebromance guy) so I can actually see what threads others post. Not a bad guy, just too prolific and needs a life.

I put people on ignore only when I feel they add nothing to the conversation, such as idiots who demand links for every statement you make. Or people who engage in creepy stalking behavior because they have no friends in real life, and someone who mocks them on USMB is about as close to a human connection as they get.

Put them on ignore, they find someone else to stalk.

I have never put anyone on ignore, but that is BS. That is unless you don't understand the word "dignity".
i wasn't talking about murderers like Pelosi or Benie have said before. i'm talking about people who disagree with me, just because they call me a fag or whatever doesn't mean i shouldn't hear them out

Then there is Bripat9643…

I don’t put him on ignore, but I just grew tired of every response containing a personal insult ……moron, idiot, shitstain

Since he seems to enjoy middle fingers, I just respond

:fu:

Nothing like that.

The only idiot I have on ignore does this moronic thing with his posts where the post is mostly empty space, making it tedious to scroll down.

The posted content is likewise moronic.

Never have used it and find it cowardly when people hide behind it.

In Corkys Biden thread. You know, the one with over 100,000 posts, several of them use it when their echo chamber is invaded. They then later admit they peek, put out a cheap insult and continue to hide.

Trolls and OCD time suckers who try to turn the least little thing into a 3 page back and forth, though those two categories aren't mutually exclusive with a sprinkling of people who try to play footsies with the N-word.

Forum List

Back