Zone1 Are Thread Starters allowed to list posters they prohibit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
It seems quite disingenuous for an opinionated poster to start a thread under the idea that she wants a debate - and then list posters who are “prohibited” because she knows they will disagree with her narrative?

And then can a mod work in concert with her to delete the posts of the people the thread starter declared ”prohibited”? Seems that disallowing those who disagree with her, or point out the erroneous thinking of her position, is not a real debate.

It seems quite disingenuous for an opinionated poster to start a thread under the idea that she wants a debate - and then list posters who are “prohibited” because she knows they will disagree with her narrative?

And then can a mod work in concert with her to delete the posts of the people the thread starter declared ”prohibited”? Seems that disallowing those who disagree with her, or point out the erroneous thinking of her position, is not a real debate.
I agree. What has USMB become, Twitter circa 2019? I responded, respectfully, to the thread in question and the OP was allowed to prohibit my opinion of the racist rant she posted.

I agree. What has USMB become, Twitter circa 2019? I responded, respectfully, to the thread in question and the OP was allowed to prohibit my opinion of the racist rant she posted.
Thanks. I’ve been told that the Clean Debate forum can be by invitation only - but it’s not meant to eliminate posters by calling them out. It’s like a slap in the face, basically saying “I am going to post my racist rant and the following posters are not allowed to respond.”

Thanks. I’ve been told that the Clean Debate forum can be by invitation only - but it’s not meant to eliminate posters by calling them out. It’s like a slap in the face, basically saying “I am going to post my racist rant and the following posters are not allowed to respond.”
My feelings exactly. This person makes a controversial post and when someone presents them with a respectful response that is counter to the point they choose to promote, they are prohibited? This sounds like Twitter--I don't like your point of view, you're cancelled. This is a travesty that USMB has allowed this. If the poster wants to ignore, she has a button, but to be able to censor a poster to the point that no other poster can hear his voice is an overreach of the worst kind. MODS ARE YOU LISTENING?

All Stassi, all the time.

One mod does it, one hand selected mod supports it and none of the rest care.

My feelings exactly. This person makes a controversial post and when someone presents them with a respectful response that is counter to the point they choose to promote, they are prohibited? This sounds like Twitter--I don't like your point of view, you're cancelled. This is a travesty that USMB has allowed this. If the poster wants to ignore, she has a button, but to be able to censor a poster to the point that no other poster can hear his voice is an overreach of the worst kind. MODS ARE YOU LISTENING?
Excellent point. When we are censored by the OP, she is not merely blocking our response to her, but she prevents others from hearing the opposing side, or considering other approaches to the topic.

I think this silencing method has now become so engrained in leftists that they actually consider it an appropriate way to conduct discussions or debates.

As long as you're not trolling, how can they stop descenting opinions
Apparently, an OP can prohibit (censor) any poster they desire from participating in a thread and this can be done after an opposing opinion is posted, which in turn gets the opposing opinion removed from the thread. There was less censorship in Pravda and Tass. I am pissed.

Apparently, an OP can prohibit (censor) any poster they desire from participating in a thread and this can be done after an opposing opinion is posted, which in turn gets the opposing opinion removed from the thread. There was less censorship in Pravda and Tass. I am pissed.
Well, as long as the OP is by a black racist who absolutely despises white people, anyway.

It doesn't work the other way around.

Similar themes might involve allowing Islamists to determine who can and cannot reply to their threads about Jews or abortionists to prevent anybody who does not support abortion up to a year after birth from debating them.

While we are at it, we should allow those who want to confiscate all guns from law-abiding citizens to control all aspects of the gun debate, people who demand that people eliminate all cars and other machinery from civilization to control all aspects of the global warming debate and those who support mandatory sex change operations for all the nation's three year olds to have full say on what can and cannot be said about trannies.

Well, as long as the OP is by a black racist who absolutely despises white people, anyway.

It doesn't work the other way around.

Similar themes might involve allowing Islamists to determine who can and cannot reply to their threads about Jews or abortionists to prevent anybody who does not support abortion up to a year after birth from debating them.

While we are at it, we should allow those who want to confiscate all guns from law-abiding citizens to control all aspects of the gun debate, people who demand that people eliminate all cars and other machinery from civilization to control all aspects of the global warming debate and those who support mandatory sex change operations for all the nation's three year olds to have full say on what can and cannot be said about trannies.
No opposing opinions allowed. USMB has gone woke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back