If You're Hoping For Christmas Snow Like I Am...

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Please post the prettiest snow you see.

Cardinal_In_Snow_Stock_2_by_ravenarcana.jpg

The prettiest snow is on TV, up North, WAY away from me.

I hate it, and the noise it makes squeaking under your feet.

I got a lifetime of snow at the Guilford Courthouse National Military Park last year.

You are welcome to all of it.

Well wish for snow in NW Ohio and post some pretty pictures.

Universität Bonn.jpg

Münsterplatz, Bonn, Germany, 2013. The statue on the right is of the composer Ludwig Van Beethoven. The large church to the left is called the Bonner Münster - Catholic. You can always tell by the number of corner towers whether or not a bishop ever had that church as his residence (in which case, it is called a "Dom" and not a "Münster). The magic number is 4: four corner towers means that it was once a Bishhop's home. :D

Zum alten Zoll Bonn.jpg

Historical cannon on a lookout point over Bonn, Germany, called "Zum Alten Zoll". The bridge in the distance on the left is the John F. Kennedy-Brücke (Bridge), one of three bridges that connects the eastern part of Bonn (the "left" side of the Rhine) to the western part of Bonn (the "right" side of the Rhein). The church in the distance on the right is St. Mary's Church (Catholic). I once lived one block from that church. The crane in the distance is where they were building a new set of medical buildings in that part of town, called "Beuel", right at a very large intersection called "Konrad-Adenauer-Platz".

Konrad Adenauer was the first Chancellor of the fledgling Republic of West Germany, called into being in 1949. The Germans specifically picked Bonn to be the new capitol as it was a relatively small city with a rich musical history and actual no important military history. I have visited Adenauer's home, not far from Bonn.

Hope you enjoyed the pics.

No snow please
1. I have to drive to get to a job
2. Plumbing starts without a building with a roof so I will be out in the environment
3. I said please.

Forum List

Back