The Gub'mint's Perverse Relationship with Christmas

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

For those who believe that Christmas is a religious holiday, why do you not demand that ALL government offices be open on Christmas? Why should we taxpayers be forced to pay for NOTHING when all the workers we are supporting are ABSENT from work? It is worse when Christmas falls on a Tuesday or Thursday, because most government executives declare that not only is Christmas a holiday, but the other day is a holiday also, to create a four-day weekend.

The answer, of course, is that Christmas is BOTH a religious holiday for those who choose to celebrate it, and a SECULAR holiday for everyone, like it or not.

The memo in question (see the linked article) should have asked the drivers to remove all RELIGIOUS-BASED decorations (I doubt that there would be any), leaving the secular shit alone...Santa Claus stuff, snow flakes, reindeer, etc.

To any Christians reading this, I encourage you to celebrate BOTH holidays, separately, if possible. The Nativity is a big deal.

For those who believe that Christmas is a religious holiday, why do you not demand that ALL government offices be open on Christmas? Why should we taxpayers be forced to pay for NOTHING when all the workers we are supporting are ABSENT from work? It is worse when Christmas falls on a Tuesday or Thursday, because most government executives declare that not only is Christmas a holiday, but the other day is a holiday also, to create a four-day weekend.

The answer, of course, is that Christmas is BOTH a religious holiday for those who choose to celebrate it, and a SECULAR holiday for everyone, like it or not.

The memo in question (see the linked article) should have asked the drivers to remove all RELIGIOUS-BASED decorations (I doubt that there would be any), leaving the secular shit alone...Santa Claus stuff, snow flakes, reindeer, etc.

To any Christians reading this, I encourage you to celebrate BOTH holidays, separately, if possible. The Nativity is a big deal.
i don't think anyone doubts that christmas is a secular/consumer holiday., i needed razor blades on "black friday" and if that mob was celebrating the baby jesus ...."

Much ado about nothin'

If the driver's work for a municipality, they are subject to rules on the job. They can always become free-market capitalists, and get a job in the dreaded private sector.

I'm sure this is being blown out of proportion by rightwing TownHall. Most likely the decorations and other shit -- shit that makes the bus driver feel good about themselves, has gotten out of hand. Therefore, the memo.

The WoC (War on Christmas), ended long ago. Bill O'Reilly told you so.

Happy Holidays! :spinner:

Forum List

Back