If your God or Godss came to you, in a Dream

And asked you to kill, would you do it?

In my dream I might. Dont have much control there. In real life, it might take more convincing because I know God and He invites people to live and promotes life. It's a rare circumstance that taking a life is permitted.

So you would not recreate the Abraham/Isaac story, with you as Abraham? Interesting.

Is Abraham delusional?

Abraham was commanded to in order to test him. I am commanded not to, as is everyone else unless commanded otherwise. And I can only count a handful of times anyones has been commanded to kill so I dont ever expect to be.

In my dream I might. Dont have much control there. In real life, it might take more convincing because I know God and He invites people to live and promotes life. It's a rare circumstance that taking a life is permitted.

So you would not recreate the Abraham/Isaac story, with you as Abraham? Interesting.

Is Abraham delusional?

Abraham was commanded to in order to test him. I am commanded not to, as is everyone else unless commanded otherwise. And I can only count a handful of times anyones has been commanded to kill so I dont ever expect to be.

If you are unwilling to imagine it, the thread question is not for you.

Your son, like Abraham was asked to sacrifice Isaac.

That was the very story that made me question religion as a six year old girl seated next to may mother in church.
Does this help?
God and Abraham would sit at arms length and chat by the fire. If God said something that Sarah thought was funny, she'd poke her head out of the tent and laugh at Him. She named her child "Laughter" because she laughed at a prediction God made concerning her.

Not a lot of "faith" was necessary for Abraham to "believe" there was a God. Especially since Abraham relied on God for just about everything! And Abraham knew God had already promised him that Issac would bear grandchildren for Abraham. So for Abraham to believe that if he killed Issac, God would bring him right back wasn't a stretch for Abraham.
Nevertheless, putting a child that you adore to suffer and die would be a gut wrenching, grievous pain to have to experience, even if he did come right back to life. But Abraham's friend didn't let that happen. :)
So, it did test the strength of the faith Abraham had in God, but what it really did was let Abraham feel the pain that Abraham's dear friend, God, WAS going to feel, when the son HE adored.............

Your son, like Abraham was asked to sacrifice Isaac.

That was the very story that made me question religion as a six year old girl seated next to may mother in church.
Does this help?
God and Abraham would sit at arms length and chat by the fire. If God said something that Sarah thought was funny, she'd poke her head out of the tent and laugh at Him. She named her child "Laughter" because she laughed at a prediction God made concerning her.

Not a lot of "faith" was necessary for Abraham to "believe" there was a God. Especially since Abraham relied on God for just about everything! And Abraham knew God had already promised him that Issac would bear grandchildren for Abraham. So for Abraham to believe that if he killed Issac, God would bring him right back wasn't a stretch for Abraham.
Nevertheless, putting a child that you adore to suffer and die would be a gut wrenching, grievous pain to have to experience, even if he did come right back to life. But Abraham's friend didn't let that happen. :)
So, it did test the strength of the faith Abraham had in God, but what it really did was let Abraham feel the pain that Abraham's dear friend, God, WAS going to feel, when the son HE adored.............

It sounds like an inane test, the way you framed it here.

Does this help?

It sounds like an inane test, the way you framed it here.

Possibly, for a disinterested 3rd party, but Abraham and God were close. And since neither participant complained about the actions of the other, after the episode, the test appears to have been effective.

A dream god asking you to kill? I would question my sanity first. This idea runs along the line of listening to the voices in your head asking you to kill. It makes no difference if it is a god or not.

A dream god asking you to kill? I would question my sanity first. This idea runs along the line of listening to the voices in your head asking you to kill. It makes no difference if it is a god or not.

What if it is a dog? I hear that dogs can be very persuasive.

I dont care what it is.... its a voice in your head and nothing more.

Is Abraham delusional?

The very fact that I've answered you indicates that I have imagined it. I suppose you just don't like my answer for some reason.

They are willing to pay you in Pez, Huggy. ;)

Too much sugar. Got the type 2 diabetes. What are you trying to do GET ME KILLED?????

So your dog is talking to you now? Please tell me you are not going Postal. :eek:

Where exactly were you again in 1977? .... Sam?

I believe Son of Sam listened to his neighbors dog. My neighbors dogs are fools.

My dogs are smart and give good advice.

The very fact that I've answered you indicates that I have imagined it. I suppose you just don't like my answer for some reason.

Actually you didn't answer him.

God commanded others to kill in the past, don't know why it's impossible for you to imagine that happening to you.

Too much sugar. Got the type 2 diabetes. What are you trying to do GET ME KILLED?????

So your dog is talking to you now? Please tell me you are not going Postal. :eek:

Where exactly were you again in 1977? .... Sam?

I believe Son of Sam listened to his neighbors dog. My neighbors dogs are fools.

My dogs are smart and give good advice.

As in ""It put's the lotion on it's skin" advice??? !!! :eek: :scared1:

Forum List

Back