If you think taxes should be raised...

You are welcome, but I always am.
Uh-huh.

Oh well. If CEOs do it unethically, then there is a problem. If they don’t do it unethically, then there is no problem. I’ll leave it at that.
So much for being honest.
You agree that Obama's statement is plenary, and that his statement doesn't mention enthics, but instead takes issue with the salary of CEOs vs "some" workers. Right?

Uh-huh.

So much for being honest.
You agree that Obama's statement is plenary, and that his statement doesn't mention enthics, but instead takes issue with the salary of CEOs vs "some" workers. Right?

As it stands, with no qualifiers, there is nothing wrong with CEOs getting rich. I think that Obama was implying that if they do so unethically, there is something wrong. If he meant no such implication, then I don’t see anything wrong with CEOs getting so rich.

CEO's deserve every penny they get in salary. Great salary comes with great responsibility. I'm not trying to put people down, but there are reasons CEO's run the companies and the everyday does not.

There is no such thing as a company making too much money, thats what a capitalistic economy is run on.

You are naming a few corrupt CEOs and painting all of them with the same broad brush which is clearly unfair. For every one corrupt CEO there are thousands who do their job fairly and to the best of their abilities.

CEO's deserve every penny they get in salary. Great salary comes with great responsibility. I'm not trying to put people down, but there are reasons CEO's run the companies and the everyday does not.

There is no such thing as a company making too much money, thats what a capitalistic economy is run on.

You are naming a few corrupt CEOs and painting all of them with the same broad brush which is clearly unfair. For every one corrupt CEO there are thousands who do their job fairly and to the best of their abilities.

No I’m not. I even suspect that most – perhaps just over 50 percent – are very “above board” and honest. I’m surprised that almost no one seems to have any qualms or is even acknowledge the many unethical CEOs that appear from time to time.

No I’m not. I even suspect that most – perhaps just over 50 percent – are very “above board” and honest. I’m surprised that almost no one seems to have any qualms or is even acknowledge the many unethical CEOs that appear from time to time.

Obviously, everyone has problems with CEOs being corrupt. No one can say they like people that cheat. But the problem with your argument is that you paint everyone with the same brush, and CEOs who are corrupt are dealt with. Their companies fall apart and they spend time in prison, what else should be done?

And just over 50 percent are honest is an unfounded statement, you don't know and neither do I. But CEOs of publicly traded companies are accountable to stock holders, and being large stock holders themselves, would give them incentive to do a good job running the company.

Back in the 80s, my dad made $582/day, working 8 hours or 8 minutes.
He was resposible for 34 men, $50M worth of Great Lakes Collier, and tens of thouands of tons of cargo -- and he was paid for that responsibilty.

(He also collected uemployment when he was laid off every year)

"Greed" is wanting more than you "need".
You "need" what a liberal thinks you should be allowed to have.

Based on what?

I know you believe that 50 percent of CEOs are corrupt, but you can't argue that they are not accountable for their actions. If they are unethical in their practices they get fired, or in extreme cases go to jail.

But who says that politicians are any more trustworthy than CEOs. So couldn't they have ulterior motives just the same as a CEO? How many Representatives or Senators have real competition to during their reelection campaigns. Maybe their policy promises i.e. healthcare are just ploys to get elected. Clinton and Obama must know that these promises are not feasible, but sound good as a platform to run on.

Based on what?

I doubt that you have even read about Tilton and his buddies. He basically gave himself a $366,000 bonus while United was facing problems. He then negotiated a deal management to receive $115 million of preferred stock if the company ever emerged from bankruptcy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Tilton

I think that we all know what happened to Ken Lay. He ran off on vacation and died of a heart attack. Creeps like these don’t spend one day in jail. If they get in trouble, they get what amounts to a slap on the wrist.

If element286 can say “that for every one corrupt CEO there are thousands who do their job fairly...” As he did in post number 103, I can certainly say that “perhaps just over 50 percent – are very “above board”. My comment is just as founded as is his.

I know you believe that 50 percent of CEOs are corrupt, but you can't argue that they are not accountable for their actions. If they are unethical in their practices they get fired, or in extreme cases go to jail.

But who says that politicians are any more trustworthy than CEOs. So couldn't they have ulterior motives just the same as a CEO? How many Representatives or Senators have real competition to during their reelection campaigns. Maybe their policy promises i.e. healthcare are just ploys to get elected. Clinton and Obama must know that these promises are not feasible, but sound good as a platform to run on.

Let the little employees elect and vote out their executives and I will recognize your comparison.

So, based on --that-- you state that 'perhaps just over 50 percent' of CEOs are honest?

What a moron. Stop wasting bandwidth.

It is just one example among many.

It is just as moronic as is element1286. Why don’t you challenge him on his statistical claim?

What a maroon.
Give me something other than ancedotal evidence that supports your claim.
If you can't, then you'll have to be honest and admit your claim is unsubstantiated.

Name-calling. How typical. I won't lower myself to your level con discourse.

It is just as moronic as is element1286. Why don’t you challenge him on his statistical claim?

Do you have non-ancedotal evidence to support you claim, or are you going to admit your claim is unsubstantiated?

Since you always answer questions, I am looking forward to your always-honest asnwer.

I am looking for a site that shows statistics now. Of course, if found such statistics would be incomplete - or do you contend that all people who commit unethical and/or illegal conduct are found?

Anyway, while I am looking, here is a book with many more examples.

http://books.google.com/books?id=rU...f+crooked+businesses+leaders+ken+lay+worldcom

Do you have non-ancedotal evidence to support you claim, or are you going to admit your claim is unsubstantiated?

Since you always answer questions, I am looking forward to your always-honest asnwer.

Wait just a minute. What about you! Show me some evidence to the contrary – that most CEOs are fair and ethical.

Well in my opinion the government exists to provide security and protect against threats to personal liberties, from within and without. Seems to me you are looking for government to impose your vision of what we should all want.

If we lived in a world in which all people operated honestly and fairly I could agree, but in the real world, laws and the power to enforce them are necessary for freedom to even exist. It is an irony of structure that it allows freedom while anarchy does not. Consider only the marriage contract and the effect it would have on some women if no government existed.

If we lived in a world in which all people operated honestly and fairly I could agree, but in the real world, laws and the power to enforce them are necessary for freedom to even exist. It is an irony of structure that it allows freedom while anarchy does not. Consider only the marriage contract and the effect it would have on some women if no government existed.

The US is not the 'world', nor should it attempt to be.

Other then basic government services like trash removal, defense, highway repairs is all i want to pay for. I personally dont want to work to pay for the inner city woman who can't keep her legs close so she has the government pay for her 8 unlawful punk kids. Its my money not the governments. The less handouts that are given, the less the demand will be.

Actually, if the money we currently paid in taxes was better managed we would not have a problem would we? Would it matter if that money was used for social programs if the amount was not raised?

Of course, the top ten percentile do not pay their fair share in taxes.

Forum List

Back