If you think taxes should be raised...

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
...why aren't you voluntarily contributing the amount by which you think it's too low? If not to the government, then to those things you think the government should pay for?

I contribute to many charities.... and would continue to do so even if my marginal tax rate were to go up.

Other then basic government services like trash removal, defense, highway repairs is all i want to pay for. I personally dont want to work to pay for the inner city woman who can't keep her legs close so she has the government pay for her 8 unlawful punk kids. Its my money not the governments. The less handouts that are given, the less the demand will be.

I give more than the increase in taxes to the very types of programs I would hope tax increases would be used for.

But if you believe the government does a better job than the charities, why not just cut a check to the IRS for the amount you'd give to the less efficient charities.

On the other hand, if you like me, check out the efficiency of the charities you give to in addition to the works they perform and find that superior, why not keep the money that would go to an increase in taxes and give to those agencies that perform more work?

But if you believe the government does a better job than the charities, why not just cut a check to the IRS for the amount you'd give to the less efficient charities.

On the other hand, if you like me, check out the efficiency of the charities you give to in addition to the works they perform and find that superior, why not keep the money that would go to an increase in taxes and give to those agencies that perform more work?

I donate to charities. you donate to charities. not everyone donates to charities.

I donate to charities. you donate to charities. not everyone donates to charities.

SO stealing our money and pretending it is the right of the Government to take our money for programs they have no authority to run is ok by you. But then I already knew that since your a liberal Democrat that has never met a tax increase you didn't like, never met a spending bill for your pet projects you couldn't get behind.

SO stealing our money and pretending it is the right of the Government to take our money for programs they have no authority to run is ok by you. But then I already knew that since your a liberal Democrat that has never met a tax increase you didn't like, never met a spending bill for your pet projects you couldn't get behind.

if YOU think that the federal income tax is stealing, either get the 16th amendment repealed or move.:rofl:

maineman mouthed:
if YOU think that the federal income tax is stealing, either get the 16th amendment repealed or move.

So, what's your hangup with "the federal income tax", and "the 16th amendment"? You seem to be of the opinion that this is the only taxing power granted the government.

We need to eliminate all taxes and privatize everything.

That will do the trick.

Fuck everyone but myself.

if YOU think that the federal income tax is stealing, either get the 16th amendment repealed or move.:rofl:

The 16th Amendment is not now nor has it ever been the problem. The programs those taxes are used to run are. As I recall the Constitution still only grants a very limited amount of power to the federal Government, no new Amendment has been added that allows new powers.

Yet we have all these ILLEGAL, UNCONSTITUTIONAL programs we pay for.

As for the claim by someone else, the 16th most definately WAS ratified. And in a very short period of time. Further the 16th was not really needed as the Government already had the power to tax.

Forum List

Back