If you loved someone

okayyyy

I'll go first

My future wife nearly dumped me on our first date, b/c I licked my knife clean. It was after I cut my steak and before I buttered my bread.

10 years later, I still lick my knife.

Not exactly fundamental of who I am, but it hints twards things that are.

would you want to change them fundamentally?

Would you try b/c you think you can make them a better person?

Or would you not, knowing that you love them as they are?

Huge mistake to try to change someone.

Love is not about changing, but, embracing who the other person is. If they do things that create an untenable situation, change your self or move on.

would you want to change them fundamentally?

Would you try b/c you think you can make them a better person?

Or would you not, knowing that you love them as they are?

first off.... love or not... you cant change anyone. More so if what you want to change is fundamental to who and what they are.

If you love someone... you love them.

Though that being said.... love is not unconditional.

okayyyy

I'll go first

My future wife nearly dumped me on our first date, b/c I licked my knife clean. It was after I cut my steak and before I buttered my bread.

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

some things you can live with.... and some things you just cant!

Your table manners are not a deal breaker... though i bet she will still smack the shit out of you if you do that in public and embarrass her.

okayyyy

I'll go first

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

some things you can live with.... and some things you just cant!

Your table manners are not a deal breaker... though i bet she will still smack the shit out of you if you do that in public and embarrass her.

She brings it up everytime I do it, so to goad her, I lick my spoon.

what can I say, I'm a romantic

Alright now..... WHY are you asking?

a friend of mine, a brilliant, artfully talented, kind hearted (wouldn't guess looking at the size and looks of him) is what he calls a "happy barbarian"

His gf wants him to "clean himself up", strictly so he can blend in with her hoity toity pals.
He's into her, but couldn't care less about her artsy pals (they seem to be stereo types)

long story short, our conversation turned to politics.

Obama claims to love the country, but also wants to fundamentally change it. Thus proving he doesn't love America.

But I didn't want to talk politics here, just wanted to make sure my advise to him that she needs to suck it up was fairly sound, sans the bluntness.

Knife licker.

I think people who enter into marriage with a true spirit of compromise and a desire to make it work will be WILLING to change (to a point) for their spouse. For example, I think an improvement in table manners would just naturally occur over time - it's an easy compromise to make in order to bring your wife peace of mind.

But if you marry a compulsive cheater, for example...chances are, that isn't going to change. An alcoholic...a wife beater, a liar, a thief...those things don't just magically go away upon getting married. And nobody ever strengthened a relationship by continually carping on something, so it's best just not to marry people who have characteristics you want to go away.

Last edited:
ya get one knife at dinner.

So unless you want things mixing in, ya gotta take care of your tools.

But I did stop farting around her and never held her head under the covers.

Sadly, I never get to have pork and beans ever again.

Now that's compromise.

I've learned about things I have absolutely zero interest in to make someone else happy. I know a lot about fishing, and I have never been a fisherman. But I have never met a guy who got into horses for me; in fact without exception, they all either fought with me actively over the horses, or just failed to take any interest at all.

okayyyy

I'll go first

Exactly my point bro, you can't change a person. We are who we are.

Forum List

Back