If you love animals, please watch this...

When I go to a restaurant, I only order non meat dishes, mainly salads and veggies, I have a video on my FB page of a veggie hamburger that is supposed to taste like the real thing. I'll try it in the next few days. I can't stand tofu, so that is out for me, plus, I'm allergic to soy, so that's a double whammy.

I wouldn't mind trying a new veggie burger. I don't do tofu or soy either.

I raise my own animals. There's no suffering. They're clean,well fed, medicated as needed(seldom), in spacious quarters and never know what hit them. 3.6 kilos @ 10 weeks. No hormones, home raised and mixed feed. My recipe
View attachment 209662 View attachment 209663
Just out of curiosity… do you ever form a bond with those animals? I've heard farmers or ranchers say that they never name their animals or get attached to them.
No. I separate pet friendship from livestock raising. My pets eat of them too. I make my own dog foods, cat feed, fish feed etc.
I don't name them. I go make sure everything is clean, they have clear eyes, poop looks normal, eating well and go back to my work*and house pets)
Most livestock are here for a very short period. A couple of months for birds and maybe 4 months for pigs.I'll be buying a 30 or so lb piglet to raise up for Christmas in the next few weeks.
Fish are fish.

I raise my own animals. There's no suffering. They're clean,well fed, medicated as needed(seldom), in spacious quarters and never know what hit them. 3.6 kilos @ 10 weeks. No hormones, home raised and mixed feed. My recipe
View attachment 209662 View attachment 209663
Just out of curiosity… do you ever form a bond with those animals? I've heard farmers or ranchers say that they never name their animals or get attached to them.
No. I separate pet friendship from livestock raising. My pets eat of them too. I make my own dog foods, cat feed, fish feed etc.
I don't name them. I go make sure everything is clean, they have clear eyes, poop looks normal, eating well and go back to my work*and house pets)
Most livestock are here for a very short period. A couple of months for birds and maybe 4 months for pigs.I'll be buying a 30 or so lb piglet to raise up for Christmas in the next few weeks.
Fish are fish.
That's what I suspected. Compartmentalization needs to happen in order to go through with raising then killing those animals. The thing is, farm animals are really not that different than the dog that we love and cherish. As I said earlier, pigs are just as smart, if not smarter than dogs. And they all have individual personalities, and the same strong desire to live...and not be treated like an object or commodity. I used to think differently, but now it makes no sense to me to love and cherish certain animals, while callously killing and eating others. It's completely unnecessary, and there are so many good reasons to NOT eat meat… and no good reasons to do it. I've realized that the only reasons people eat meat are: 1) tradition, it has been deeply ingrained in us to think of it as normal, and 2) to satisfy our tastebuds, because we like the taste of flesh.

When we consider that animal products are linked to cancer, heart disease and other health problems… and that animal agriculture is horrible for the environment, and that animals are sentient, feeling beings who have the same desire to live as you and I… Is it truly just to put mere tradition or our tastebuds above all those other things?

stop the shit please

no more posting of animals suffering

THANK YOU OK???????????????????

YOU GET IT??????????????????????

stop the shit please

I get where you're coming from… But we can't hide our eyes from the reality. The reality doesn't go away by ignoring it. I don't know if you're a meat eater or not, but I do know that you are a big animal lover. Skye, I honestly don't want to make you feel bad, but if you love animals, yet eat meat, you're paying someone else to do something that you could never in good conscience do yourself. In fact you can't even look at it yourself, let alone actually do it. I think that is the problem with a lot of people… They love animals and could never kill an innocent beautiful animal with their own two hands, yet they (unknowingly or not) pay for that to happen, by eating meat and using animal products.

But again, I don't want to make you feel bad, because I know that position.

stop the shit please

Don't read the through ad. People have the right to post about whatever topic they wish.

When I go to a restaurant, I only order non meat dishes, mainly salads and veggies, I have a video on my FB page of a veggie hamburger that is supposed to taste like the real thing. I'll try it in the next few days. I can't stand tofu, so that is out for me, plus, I'm allergic to soy, so that's a double whammy.

I wouldn't mind trying a new veggie burger. I don't do tofu or soy either.

I accidently tried one at the fair a couple weeks ago. Sucker tried to kill me with yuck.

Ok, I'm not bumping this because I want to debate. The reason I bumped it is because on another thread, someone was talking about how he was going to celebrate Easter by eating ham and lamb....I was going to reply to him on that thread, but I didn't want to take it off topic. So, I'll post here what I was going to say there.

Remember, God wants mercy.

“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy." Matthew 5:7

Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Luke 6:36

For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others." Matthew 23:23

He who follows righteousness and mercy finds life, righteousness, and honor. Proverbs 21:21

The merciful man does good to his own soul, but he who is cruel troubles his own body. Proverbs 11:17

57882584-345959126036547-7774029666347646976-n.jpg

57486030-345968076035652-425588081727373312-n.jpg

ea1230e783de7cbd3dcd16b9fac8ae95.jpg

(warning, graphic content. but if you eat it, you should be able to watch it.)

Who will stand up for the helpless vegetables, slaughtered without a second thought?

Who will stand up for the helpless vegetables, slaughtered without a second thought?

I genuinely hope you're not serious. That is BY FAR the most idiotic 'objection' to veganism of all.

If you see no difference between slicing the throat of a pig* and slicing a carrot, then you need to have your head examined.

*Pigs are ranked smarter than dogs, btw.

stop the shit please

I get where you're coming from… But we can't hide our eyes from the reality. The reality doesn't go away by ignoring it. I don't know if you're a meat eater or not, but I do know that you are a big animal lover. Skye, I honestly don't want to make you feel bad, but if you love animals, yet eat meat, you're paying someone else to do something that you could never in good conscience do yourself. In fact you can't even look at it yourself, let alone actually do it. I think that is the problem with a lot of people… They love animals and could never kill an innocent beautiful animal with their own two hands, yet they (unknowingly or not) pay for that to happen, by eating meat and using animal products.

So! Do you hate all animals that eat other animals?

I genuinely hope you're not serious. That is BY FAR the most idiotic 'objection' to veganism of all.

If you see no difference between slicing the throat of a pig* and slicing a carrot, then you need to have your head examined.

Be careful, there are a lot of people smarter than you.

stop the shit please

No, of course not. I don't believe we should look to animals as our moral compass. Some animals also eat their own feces, or hump fire hydrants... does that mean its OK for us? Human beings have the ability to make moral choices... we have the ability to reason. We are not the same as animals. Which means we shouldn't act like animals. And when I say that, I'm specifically talking about violent, predatory animals.

Be careful, there are a lot of people smarter than you.

If you think there's no difference between slicing an apple and slicing the throat of a sentient, social being like a pig, then you need to turn that comment back on yourself.

You couldn't come up with a more asinine objection to veganism if you tried. Which is why I hope you're joking.

stop the shit please

No, of course not. I don't believe we should look to animals as our moral compass. Some animals also eat their own feces, or hump fire hydrants... does that mean its OK for us? Human beings have the ability to make moral choices... we have the ability to reason. We are not the same as animals. Which means we shouldn't act like animals. And when I say that, I'm specifically talking about violent, predatory animals.
You make your moral decisions, I’ll make mine. For the record I have never eaten a baby animal of any kind and never will. We humans are animals and require complete proteins which meat and dairy provide. Now if that’s not you cup of tea have at it but this moralizing a human need is bs!

Forum List

Back