If you love animals, please watch this...

Because if what you see goes against your conscience, then why would you support that with your dollars by continuing to eat bacon? BTW, did you know that pigs are as smart or even smarter than dogs? And they are very social, like dogs. If you wouldn't eat a dog… Why eat an animal that is really not that different than a dog? Please watch this:
Most people treat their livestock very well...its their bread and butter...I love this...find a video on line and make the case that the behavior in it is rampant....so bad that we need to check our conscience because some people mistreat animals....like it or not...people like the taste of pork and beef and chicken and eggs....that will never change...
That's just not the case though. Well over 90% of meat comes from factory farms. They are not treated well there, they are treated like commodities, because that is what they are in the minds of the people in those industries. And here's the reality… Even on the smaller, so called humane farms, many of the same practices take place… For example, taking a baby calf away from his mother, on either day one or day two of his life... Which is cruel and extremely distressing for both the mother and the baby. This video does not show isolated cases of cruelty… With the exception of a couple shots, most of it is standard practice, things that go on every day.

As for what you said about people liking the taste of meat… that's true, but I disagree with your conclusion. Things are changing. In a big way. Tons of people are going vegan, not only for health reasons, but because it's horrible for the environment, and the truth can no longer be hidden (thanks to the Internet). I think if everyone saw the horrible reality, the majority of people would go vegan.
No. They wouldn’t. Predatory behavior, and eating animals was instrumental in our evolution. The vegan lifestyle is wholly unnatural to our creature, and has significant health risks of its own. Look at your teeth...
I completely disagree. But I'm not coming at it from your worldview. For me Genesis 1:29–30 says it all.

Watch this... (purely scientific, not from a Christian perspective)

Because if what you see goes against your conscience, then why would you support that with your dollars by continuing to eat bacon? BTW, did you know that pigs are as smart or even smarter than dogs? And they are very social, like dogs. If you wouldn't eat a dog… Why eat an animal that is really not that different than a dog? Please watch this:
Most people treat their livestock very well...its their bread and butter...I love this...find a video on line and make the case that the behavior in it is rampant....so bad that we need to check our conscience because some people mistreat animals....like it or not...people like the taste of pork and beef and chicken and eggs....that will never change...
That's just not the case though. Well over 90% of meat comes from factory farms. They are not treated well there, they are treated like commodities, because that is what they are in the minds of the people in those industries. And here's the reality… Even on the smaller, so called humane farms, many of the same practices take place… For example, taking a baby calf away from his mother, on either day one or day two of his life... Which is cruel and extremely distressing for both the mother and the baby. This video does not show isolated cases of cruelty… With the exception of a couple shots, most of it is standard practice, things that go on every day.

As for what you said about people liking the taste of meat… that's true, but I disagree with your conclusion. Things are changing. In a big way. Tons of people are going vegan, not only for health reasons, but because it's horrible for the environment, and the truth can no longer be hidden (thanks to the Internet). I think if everyone saw the horrible reality, the majority of people would go vegan.
No. They wouldn’t. Predatory behavior, and eating animals was instrumental in our evolution. The vegan lifestyle is wholly unnatural to our creature, and has significant health risks of its own. Look at your teeth...
I completely disagree. But I'm not coming at it from your worldview. For me Genesis 1:29–30 says it all.

Watch this... (purely scientific, not from a Christian perspective)

Incomplete science presented in the video...
Not sure what the quote was you referenced. You didn’t care to divulge it. So I didn’t care to look it up.

I am like Kittymom, I have learned to eat less, mostly I use eggs for protein. Humans need at least one good source of protein daily. Americans way overeat protein. I drink almond milk.
I agree with you about protein. We're always being pushed to eat more protein, but the truth is that many Americans get too much protein. Most Americans do not get enough fiber, that's the real problem.

I am like Kittymom, I have learned to eat less, mostly I use eggs for protein. Humans need at least one good source of protein daily. Americans way overeat protein. I drink almond milk.
I agree with you about protein. We're always being pushed to eat more protein, but the truth is that many Americans get too much protein. Most Americans do not get enough fiber, that's the real problem.
I disagree. Most Americans get too much protein, and waaay to many carbs. The human body, and its small stomach run optimally on a diet high in fat, supplemented by proteins; and picking up macros through plants.

I disagree. Most Americans get too much protein, and waaay to many carbs. The human body, and its small stomach run optimally on a diet high in fat, supplemented by proteins; and picking up macros through plants.
That's what I said, too much protein. As for carbs, it depends on what kind of carbs you're talking about. The deceptive thing that is being pushed these days is that all carbs are bad. Obviously if someone is eating Twinkies, cookies and candy every day, then that's not a good thing. But vegetables, fruit, and other plant-based foods are good carbs, so it is misleading to lump them all in together.

It sounds like you are into the whole Keto thing. I'm sorry I just completely disagree with that, and it may work in the short term to lose weight, but in the long term it is dangerous and definitely not the way we were designed to eat.

I went pretty much vegan, but not for the reasons of animal cruelty. I still go on a chicken and cod binge whenever I want to bulk.

It's a shame about the way the little fellers get treated in those factory farms, though. Not sure that's what the Good Lord had in mind when He gave us dominion.

Last edited:
If carbs you're talking about. The deceptive thing that is being pushed these days is that all carbs are bad. Obviously if someone is eating Twinkies, cookies and candy every day, then that's not a good thing. But vegetables, fruit, and other plant-based foods are good carbs, so it is misleading to lump them all in together.

It sounds like you are into the whole Keto thing. I'm sorry I just completely disagree with that, and it may work in the short term to lose weight, but in the long term it is dangerous and definitely not the way we were designed to eat.

Well, we want to burn the carbs and let our muscles absorb the protein. Carbs are our friend.

Calories are the name of the game, though.

I went pretty much vegan, but not for the reasons of animal cruelty. I still go on a chicken and cod binge whenever I want to bulk.

It's a shame about the way the little fellers get treated in those factory farms, though. Not sure that's what the Good Lord had in mind when he gave us dominion.
Yep, not only is it not at all what God had in mind, it actually shows a blatant disregard for God's creations. Especially when animals are treated literally like garbage (In the video it shows male baby chicks being ground up alive, or suffocated in a hefty bag, simply because they are considered useless to the egg industry). In many places in the world, calves are also considered disposable, and either killed right after birth, or raised a short confined life to be veal... I could go on, but I don't want to get carried away here, haha.

Last edited:
I agree with you about protein. We're always being pushed to eat more protein, but the truth is that many Americans get too much protein.

This is an overly collective way to approach protein intake.

What if Gus is sitting in his cubicle all day and comes home and goes to sleep, whereas Bob at 200 pounds is pushiing wheelbarrows of concrete all day and comes home and works out for an hour between meals?

I raise my own animals. There's no suffering. They're clean,well fed, medicated as needed(seldom), in spacious quarters and never know what hit them. 3.6 kilos @ 10 weeks. No hormones, home raised and mixed feed. My recipe
P8101870.JPG
P8101871.JPG

I agree with you about protein. We're always being pushed to eat more protein, but the truth is that many Americans get too much protein.

This is an overly collective way to approach protein intake.

What if Gus is sitting in his cubicle all day and comes home and goes to sleep, whereas Bob at 200 pounds is pushiing wheelbarrows of concrete all day and comes home and works out for an hour between meals?
I know that there's not a one size fits all. Of course men and women, people of different sizes and levels of activity, etc., are going to require different amounts of protein. I was just saying that in general, most Americans get more than enough protein, and not enough fiber. And I believe that is one of the reasons why there is so much disease in countries like the US, because we're not eating enough of the healthy whole plant-based foods that our bodies need to prevent disease.

Whether or not I love animals ....

... depends on the animal and depends on the sauce.

I know that there's not a one size fits all. Of course men and women, people of different sizes and levels of activity, etc., are going to require different amounts of protein. I was just saying that in general, most Americans get more than enough protein, and not enough fiber. And I believe that is one of the reasons why there is so much disease in countries like the US, because we're not eating enough of the healthy whole plant-based foods that our bodies need to prevent disease.

America is pretty much on a sugar diet. lol.

Then again, there was a study I read some place that concluded that it was meat which was the cause of diabetes, not sugar.

I'll likely never find it again. It was a couple of years ago.

I raise my own animals. There's no suffering. They're clean,well fed, medicated as needed(seldom), in spacious quarters and never know what hit them. 3.6 kilos @ 10 weeks. No hormones, home raised and mixed feed. My recipe
View attachment 209662 View attachment 209663
Just out of curiosity… do you ever form a bond with those animals? I've heard farmers or ranchers say that they never name their animals or get attached to them.

Here's a pig saving a goat. Ha. He did good.

People commenting on that video are saying it's fake. But anyway, there are tons and tons of real videos that show animals have a range of emotions, and many of the same desires that we have, to live, enjoy life, have fun, be loved, etc. :) I used to think differently, but now I see animals as individuals.

People commenting on that video are saying it's fake. But anyway, there are tons and tons of real videos that show animals have a range of emotions, and many of the same desires that we have, to live, enjoy life, have fun, be loved, etc. :) I used to think differently, but now I see animals as individuals.

I stopped listening to what people say a long time ago.

Lookit this one. Gazelle, though, not a deer.

Forum List

Back