If you love animals, please watch this...

You make your moral decisions, I’ll make mine. For the record I have never eaten a baby animal of any kind and never will.

Actually, many of the animals people eat are practically babies.

We humans are animals and require complete proteins which meat and dairy provide. Now if that’s not you cup of tea have at it but this moralizing a human need is bs!

Yes, of course we need protein, but you don't need to get protein from meat or dairy. Guess where the animals you eat get their protein from? Plants. Why get it second-hand, filtered through a dead carcass which contains antibiotics, hormones, pus, feces, etc when we can cut out the middleman and get protein from plantbased foods ourselves?

Also, I know you have free will to make choices. I'm merely pointing out that it's completely unnecessary. And because in this day and age we have tons of options, how is it ethical to do something merciless (that comes from a lifetime of exploitation, misery and suffering) when we don't have to?

Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics

It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits for the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes. Plant-based diets are more environmentally sustainable than diets rich in animal products because they use fewer natural resources and are associated with much less environmental damage. Vegetarians and vegans are at reduced risk of certain health conditions, including ischemic heart disease, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, certain types of cancer, and obesity.

https://jandonline.org/article/S2212...192-3/fulltext

Harvard Medical School

Traditionally, research into vegetarianism focused mainly on potential nutritional deficiencies, but in recent years, the pendulum has swung the other way, and studies are confirming the health benefits of meat-free eating. Nowadays, plant-based eating is recognized as not only nutritionally sufficient but also as a way to reduce the risk for many chronic illnesses.

The Mayo Clinic

A well-planned vegetarian diet can meet the needs of people of all ages, including children, teenagers, and pregnant or breast-feeding women. The key is to be aware of your nutritional needs so that you plan a diet that meets them.

Dietitians of Canada

A healthy vegan diet can meet all your nutrient needs at any stage of life including when you are pregnant, breastfeeding or for older adults.

British Dietetic Association

Well planned vegetarian diets (see context) can be nutritious and healthy. They are associated with lower risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, obesity, certain cancers and lower cholesterol levels. This could be because such diets are lower in saturated fat, contain fewer calories and more fiber and phytonutrients/phytochemicals (these can have protective properties) than non-vegetarian diets. (...) Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of life and have many benefits.

The British National Health Service

With good planning and an understanding of what makes up a healthy, balanced vegan diet, you can get all the nutrients your body needs.

The Dietitians Association of Australia

Vegan diets differ to other vegetarian diets in that no animal products are consumed or used. Despite these restrictions, with good planning it is still possible to obtain all the nutrients required for good health on a vegan diet.

Last edited:
Who will stand up for the helpless vegetables, slaughtered without a second thought?

I genuinely hope you're not serious. That is BY FAR the most idiotic 'objection' to veganism of all.

If you see no difference between slicing the throat of a pig* and slicing a carrot, then you need to have your head examined.

*Pigs are ranked smarter than dogs, btw.

Be careful, there are a lot of people smarter than you.

If you think there's no difference between slicing an apple and slicing the throat of a sentient, social being like a pig, then you need to turn that comment back on yourself.

You couldn't come up with a more asinine objection to veganism if you tried. Which is why I hope you're joking.

I see two living beings, one that you weep for and one that you kill indiscriminately. I can only conclude that life itself is not your driving concern. That only leaves intelligence from what you have offered. According to that standard, you should offer yourself up for slaughter and consumption because there are so many beings on this planet more intelligent than you. Be consistent.

The consumption of animal fats and proteins are what made human evolution possible.

Who will stand up for the helpless vegetables, slaughtered without a second thought?

I genuinely hope you're not serious. That is BY FAR the most idiotic 'objection' to veganism of all.

If you see no difference between slicing the throat of a pig* and slicing a carrot, then you need to have your head examined.

If you think there's no difference between slicing an apple and slicing the throat of a sentient, social being like a pig, then you need to turn that comment back on yourself.

You couldn't come up with a more asinine objection to veganism if you tried. Which is why I hope you're joking.

I see two living beings, one that you weep for and one that you kill indiscriminately. I can only conclude that life itself is not your driving concern. That only leaves intelligence from what you have offered. According to that standard, you should offer yourself up for slaughter and consumption because there are so many beings on this planet more intelligent than you. Be consistent.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and assumed that you were most likely joking. But amazingly, now it appears that you were actually serious. Again, if you honestly believe there's no difference between slicing an apple and slicing the throat of a pig or other sentient being, then you are too foolish to even bother conversing with. Either that, or intellectually dishonest, not sure which.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and assumed that you were most likely joking. But amazingly, now it appears that you were actually serious. Again, if you honestly believe there's no difference between slicing an apple and slicing the throat of a pig or other sentient being, then you are too foolish to even bother conversing with. Either that, or intellectually dishonest, not sure which.

Is your concern with life, or intelligence?

Is your concern with life, or intelligence?

With sentience and the ability to suffer and feel pain. What many people don't seem to realize is that farm animals are not that different than your pet dog. They can enjoy life and experience things like happiness, fear, curiosity, boredom, anger, fun, affection and even love. And like your pet dog, they have different personalities. The problem is, most people don't see those things, because they're not in our houses, like dogs or cats.

Vegetables or fruit don't have a brain or central nervous system. They don't have emotions or thoughts, they are meant to be eaten, that is their purpose. So to try to equate veggies with animals is ridiculously foolish, or dishonest. One or the other.

Human beings are omnivores. Animals are meant to be eaten, that is their purpose. Just like vegetables. Either your concern is for life or it is not. If you do not care for life, stop talking to me about this. If your concern is for life what you value the higher degree or different type of intelligence over another, then keep looking over your shoulder and don’t put on too much weight.

Human beings are omnivores. Animals are meant to be eaten, that is their purpose. Just like vegetables. Either your concern is for life or it is not. If you do not care for life, stop talking to me about this. If your concern is for life what you value the higher degree or different type of intelligence over another, then keep looking over your shoulder and don’t put on too much weight.

You completely ignored what I said. Furthermore, what you said makes zero sense. I clearly stated that sentience and the ability to feel pain and suffering is what matters. So why on earth should I look over my shoulder? I don't think ANY beings with the ability to feel emotions and pain are food, obviously that includes humans.

You're the one who thinks animals can be food because they are less intelligent than humans. So actually it is YOUR screwy logic that should cause YOU to look over your shoulder. Why, because according to your own "logic," those who are more intelligent than you can consider you food. In fact, in the likely even of an alien invasion, would it be OK if those highly advanced aliens from other worlds looked at you as food and slit your throat and dismembered you, to consume your flesh?

Last edited:
Commercial farms and buying their stuff is bullshit. Grow and care for your own and if it isn't do-able do some fishing and hunting and get a good chest freezer.

You're the one who thinks animals can be food because they are less intelligent than humans. .....

No, I think animals ARE food because they are delicious.

Oh, gosh. By THAT logic, sickos who enjoy the taste of human flesh are justified in killing and eating humans. You know, they say that human flesh tastes a lot like pork. I'm sure Jeffrey Dahmer would heartily agree with your line of thinking. If taste (or pleasure) justifies violence and murder. :dunno:

Sometimes it's good to look at things from a different perspective.

You're the one who thinks animals can be food because they are less intelligent than humans. .....

Oh, gosh. By THAT logic, sickos who enjoy the taste of human flesh are justified in killing and eating humans. ....

Do you think a lion is immoral if it eats a human?

Animals are not moral agents. Humans are. Like I said to WillowTree, animals are not our moral compass.... so why choose to model your behavior after animals, especially violent, predatory animals? I mean, there are tons of peaceful, herbivorous animals, why not look to THEM as your moral compass, if you're going to look to animals, that is.

Oh, gosh. By THAT logic, sickos who enjoy the taste of human flesh are justified in killing and eating humans. ....

Do you think a lion is immoral if it eats a human?

Animals are not moral agents. ... animals are not our moral compass.... ...there are tons of peaceful, herbivorous animals, why not look to THEM as your moral compass,......

:lmao:

You really think prey animals are more "moral" than predators, don't you? :lol:

You really think prey animals are more "moral" than predators, don't you? :lol:

Wow, you're not a very good reader, are you? I just finished saying that animals are not moral agents. I have nothing against lions or other predatory animals, I don't think they're worse than any other animal, since unlike humans they aren't moral beings with the ability to think things through from an ethical standpoint. And not only that, they live out in the wild and have no choice. We do. So that's yet another reason why it's inane to try to use wild animals as your justification for eating dead bodies.

This is getting boring, let me know when you have a valid argument. I won't hold my breath.

waiting.jpg

Forum List

Back