If you love America stay home

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bornright, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,555
    Again I agree with you. I think you have a lot more in common with the BLM and the NFL kneelers than you may think. Maybe not the extremists that dominate the MSM but most common sense supporters. I think their goals fall in line with much of what you just said

2. Billo_Really

Billo_Really Litre of the Band

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,155
    What good reason does a cop have by putting a peaceful protester in handcuffs and then, pepper-spraying them in the face?

3. Ray From Cleveland

Ray From Cleveland Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,381
    I don't know, perhaps you can give me a clue on what you're talking about.

4. Ray From Cleveland

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,381
    Not really because I'm thinking of solutions that are not offensive to anybody. The kneelers are just looking to start trouble and disrespect our country at the same time. They may not be the brightest people on the planet, but even they know that all this kneeling won't change one thing. They could be using their fame and money to start such a program and actually accomplish something.

5. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,555
    I think that’s where you are wrong. Perhaps some of the kneelers want trouble but I don’t think many. I think it is an issue that they care about and they want to see changes so they are using their platform to motivate conversation. I think some will go beyond and use their time and money to focus on solutions if they aren’t already.

It is counter productive when your side solely tries and change the conversation away from their root cause and simply label them as unpatriotic trouble makers. Then the conversation turns into a fight about who loves America more and it really is pointless. I’m glad we were able to carve out some good solutions that you listed and acknowledged. I think it is fair to criticize their method of protest and point out its offensiveness, I just don’t think that critique should dominate the discussion.

6. Billo_Really

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,155
    Why do I have to know what I'm talking about? If we're so willing to embrace racial inequality, why can't we embrace linguistic inequality?

What I'm talking about is a reporter in St. Louis protesting the cop that got off for murder, got "kettled" with a large group of peaceful protesters, then, while in handcuffs, was pepper sprayed. What is so wrong with holding cops accountable their actions?

7. Ray From Cleveland

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,381
    You'll have to do better than that because I can't find anything on it. I found many articles on the police pepper spraying unruly people who were trying to block the police buss, but nothing about anybody being sprayed while in handcuffs.

8. Billo_Really

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,155
    Here you go...

It's Nearly Impossible for Victims of Police Brutality to Get Justice
    The Sunday after Stockley’s acquittal was announced, police used a controversial tactic of mass arrests called “kettling,” ultimately taking more than a hundred people into custody through savage force. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch interviewed one activist who was arrested so roughly that he couldn’t breathe, telling the newspaper, “It was the most brutal arrest I’ve ever experienced in my life. I thought I was going to die.”

Mike Faulk, a reporter for the paper, was also among those arrested. His experience was described thus:

Multiple officers knocked Faulk down, he said, and pinned his limbs to the ground. A firm foot pushed his head into the pavement. Once he was subdued, he recalled, an officer squirted pepper spray in his face.

The St. Louis chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists denounced Faulk’s treatment in a statement, saying, “Journalists already have much to fear in this brave new world. They should not have to fear the police as well.”

9. Ray From Cleveland

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,381
    Oh, now isn't this grand? It was the most brutal arrest I’ve ever experienced in my life. I thought I was going to die.”

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
    The most brutal arrest I've ever experienced? Sounds like he's had a lot of those experiences in order to make such a comparison. How many arrests was he comparing that to? four, six, ten????

Well......I read the article and there is only one mention of being pepper sprayed while being subdued, and no, he was not in handcuffs. It was his word alone and no other accounts to support his story........at least not by the article you posted.

Reporters are no angels either. They would sell their soul to the devil for a good story.....even if they had to make it up. I don't know if he was actually pepper sprayed (and neither do you) but if he was, it was likely he was trying to fight with the officer.

10. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,555
    Check out the discussion Anderson cooper had with Eagles Safety Malcom Jenkins during his town hall tonight. He hit on many points that we’ve been discussing