If you lose the women, Hispanics,blacks and gays, Who do you have left?

Since the Bush TARP money that was loaned to financial institutions was paid back in full, I'm at a loss to see how you see it as a "gift with no strings attached", Winger.

In contrast, the GM deal's "strings" were designed to reward Barry's ardent supporters, the UAW, while unfairly punishing the private holders of GM bonds. What was loaned to GM has not been paid back and from the looks of it may very well never be paid back.

As for the Stimulus? Let's be honest here...the Obama Stimulus kept public sector union employees working, rewarded green energy supporters of Obama with millions of dollars in loans their business models indicated should NEVER have been given, and paid for the unemployment extensions to the millions of people who were out of work for the longest period of time since the Great Depression. The Obama Stimulus never CREATED jobs...if it had done THAT then they wouldn't have come up with the whole "jobs saved" scam.

What is so hard for Conservatives to understand the concept of "jobs saved"???

Republicans handed Obama an economy that was LOSING 770,000 jobs a month. When you reach zero jobs lost in a month, you are SAVING 770,000 jobs a month.

It's simple math, positives and negatives......a fourth grader can do it

Oh, I understand the "concept" of "jobs saved", Winger. It's a statistic that was created out of thin air when the Obama Administration couldn't show job CREATION. The great thing about the whole "jobs saved" thing is that it's such a nebulous number...impossible to either prove or disprove...that you can state that you've SAVED 770,000 a month and your critics have a hard time disputing that claim. Jobs saved is a scam...always was...always will be.

Again, let me see if I can get a fourth grader to understand

If you have policemen, firefighters, teachers that you pay out of a local budget and you don't have money to pay them you have to lay them off

If the federal government gives you money to make up your budget shortfall and you end up keeping those policemen, firefighters and teachers......those are jobs that were SAVED

What is so hard for Conservatives to understand the concept of "jobs saved"???

Republicans handed Obama an economy that was LOSING 770,000 jobs a month. When you reach zero jobs lost in a month, you are SAVING 770,000 jobs a month.

It's simple math, positives and negatives......a fourth grader can do it

Oh, I understand the "concept" of "jobs saved", Winger. It's a statistic that was created out of thin air when the Obama Administration couldn't show job CREATION. The great thing about the whole "jobs saved" thing is that it's such a nebulous number...impossible to either prove or disprove...that you can state that you've SAVED 770,000 a month and your critics have a hard time disputing that claim. Jobs saved is a scam...always was...always will be.

If you have policemen, firefighters, teachers that you pay out of a local budget and you don't have money to pay them you have to lay them off

If the federal government gives you money to make up your budget shortfall and you end up keeping those policemen, firefighters and teachers......those are jobs that were SAVED

Sorry, Winger...you might be able to fool a 4th grader with this whole "jobs saved" bullshit...but anyone who went ON in school is going to be laughing at you. The reason the Obama Administration came up with the statistic "jobs saved"...and make no mistake about it...they invented the statistic...is that their "jobs created" numbers were so abysmal that a public furor was building over our spending almost a trillion dollars on a stimulus package that was more of a payoff to Obama supporters than it was a well thought out plan to stimulate the economy.

Barry essentially left millions of private sector Americans twisting in the wind while he protected public sector unions and his pals in the green energy industry. His infrastructure spending was a total cluster fuck...evidenced by his own mea culpa that "shovel ready jobs weren't as shovel ready as we thought..." and don't even get me started on the money he wasted on green energy boondoggles like Solyndra.

All Obama gave the millions of Americans from the private sector that had been out of work for longer than any time since the Great Depression were extensions on their unemployment...which is a great ploy for keeping the masses out of the street screaming for your head if you don't have a clue about how to fix an economy...

You want to know why Larry Summers and Christina Romer aren't working at the White House anymore? It's quite simple really (even your 4th graders can grasp this...) their Keynesian policies didn't work...we went a trillion dollars in debt doing them...and they didn't know what to DO at that point. So they ran back to the safety of academia leaving Barry sitting in the Oval Office with a puzzled look on his face.

Sorry, Winger...you might be able to fool a 4th grader with this whole "jobs saved" bullshit...but anyone who went ON in school is going to be laughing at you. The reason the Obama Administration came up with the statistic "jobs saved"...and make no mistake about it...they invented the statistic...is that their "jobs created" numbers were so abysmal that a public furor was building over our spending almost a trillion dollars on a stimulus package that was more of a payoff to Obama supporters than it was a well thought out plan to stimulate the economy.

Barry essentially left millions of private sector Americans twisting in the wind while he protected public sector unions and his pals in the green energy industry. His infrastructure spending was a total cluster fuck...evidenced by his own mea culpa that "shovel ready jobs weren't as shovel ready as we thought..." and don't even get me started on the money he wasted on green energy boondoggles like Solyndra.

All Obama gave the millions of Americans from the private sector that had been out of work for longer than any time since the Great Depression were extensions on their unemployment...which is a great ploy for keeping the masses out of the street screaming for your head if you don't have a clue about how to fix an economy...

You want to know why Larry Summers and Christina Romer aren't working at the White House anymore? It's quite simple really (even your 4th graders can grasp this...) their Keynesian policies didn't work...we went a trillion dollars in debt doing them...and they didn't know what to DO at that point. So they ran back to the safety of academia leaving Barry sitting in the Oval Office with a puzzled look on his face.

No, what was abysmal was the 770,000 jobs per month being lost in the Bush Recession.

How do you account for jobs that if not for an infusion of government cash would be gone? I got an idea!

Let's call them Jobs Saved!

No, what was abysmal was the 770,000 jobs per month being lost in the Bush Recession.

How do you account for jobs that if not for an infusion of government cash would be gone? I got an idea!

Ah, yes...the "Bush Recession..."

Funny how the recession is all W's fault even though Democratic legislation contributed to the economic circumstances. That's the same myopic point of view that you used when you gave Barry all the credit for TARP and none to Bush.

Funny also how those government "jobs saved" are now the jobs being lost because there aren't revenues coming in from the private sector to support them and the stimulus money has run out. Perhaps we should call them "Jobs Saved Temporarily?"

Get back to me when you want to have a discussion about "Jobs Created", Winger...you know...that statistic that the Obama Administration doesn't want you to look at too closely because it shows how badly their economic policies have worked?

“…and Republicans have unfairly taken on water on this issue."

‘Unfairly’?

Nonsense. The right has only itself to blame for losing this November. It would seem conservatives need to learn to take personal responsibility rather than whining about being ‘unfairly’ treated.

The party of individual responsibility always blame others. The best is when they make up this cacophonous BS that the liberal media is at fault for them being out of power.

“…and Republicans have unfairly taken on water on this issue."

‘Unfairly’?

Nonsense. The right has only itself to blame for losing this November. It would seem conservatives need to learn to take personal responsibility rather than whining about being ‘unfairly’ treated.

The party of individual responsibility always blame others. The best is when they make up this cacophonous BS that the liberal media is at fault for them being out of power.

Gotta tell ya, Valox...considering the fact that Barack Obama has made blaming others an artform your post is rather amusing.

‘Unfairly’?

Gotta tell ya, Valox...considering the fact that Barack Obama has made blaming others an artform your post is rather amusing.

Your myopia is amusing. Just because I call out Republicans on individual responsibility does not make me an Obama supporter.

I didn't vote for Obama and don't support him, so I am sure that you had a point in there somewhere. Unfortunately, you suffer from the "us or them" syndrome which is running rampant nowadays.

I personally got a kick when Obama blamed the tsunami for anemic economic growth and recently lambasted Republican policies for widening income inequality, when the 1% captured 93% of income growth in 2010.

BTW, I am not voting for Obama in 2012, but that surprises you. In fact, challenging Republican mantra surprises you.

Swing States Poll: A shift by women puts Obama in lead

New Republican mantra.......Demographics are for pussies

The biggest change came among women under 50. In mid-February, just under half of those voters supported Obama. Now more than six in 10 do while Romney's support among them has dropped by 14 points, to 30%. The president leads him 2-1 in this group.

Republicans' traditional strength among men "won't be good enough if we're losing women by nine points or 10 points," says Sara Taylor Fagen, a Republican strategist and former political adviser to President George W. Bush. "The focus on contraception has not been a good one for us … and Republicans have unfairly taken on water on this issue."
People with common sense who see obamaaturd for what he is, an anti-american idiot.

Funny how the recession is all W's fault even though Democratic legislation contributed to the economic circumstances. That's the same myopic point of view that you used when you gave Barry all the credit for TARP and none to Bush.

Funny also how those government "jobs saved" are now the jobs being lost because there aren't revenues coming in from the private sector to support them and the stimulus money has run out. Perhaps we should call them "Jobs Saved Temporarily?"

Get back to me when you want to have a discussion about "Jobs Created", Winger...you know...that statistic that the Obama Administration doesn't want you to look at too closely because it shows how badly their economic policies have worked?

We can talk jobs created too

Our economy is currently adding 220,000 to 250,000 jobs a month. That is in spite of Republicans cutting government spending to the bone and cutting the government workforce every month

Considering the republicans left him with an economy shedding 770,000, that makes a swing of a million jobs a month.

The Republicans under Bush created one million jobs over eight years

Your myopia is amusing. Just because I call out Republicans on individual responsibility does not make me an Obama supporter.

I didn't vote for Obama and don't support him, so I am sure that you had a point in there somewhere. Unfortunately, you suffer from the "us or them" syndrome which is running rampant nowadays.

I personally got a kick when Obama blamed the tsunami for anemic economic growth and recently lambasted Republican policies for widening income inequality, when the 1% captured 93% of income growth in 2010.

BTW, I am not voting for Obama in 2012, but that surprises you. In fact, challenging Republican mantra surprises you.

I stand corrected, Sir. I mistook your condemnation of Republicans as support for Barry. Assuming things will always get one in trouble. You have my apologies.

We can talk jobs created too

Our economy is currently adding 220,000 to 250,000 jobs a month. That is in spite of Republicans cutting government spending to the bone and cutting the government workforce every month

Considering the republicans left him with an economy shedding 770,000, that makes a swing of a million jobs a month.

The Republicans under Bush created one million jobs over eight years

I hate to point out the painful truth, Winger but it's Republicans AND Democrats that are cutting government spending because quite simply the revenue isn't there to support that spending or the government workforce because the Obama Economic recovery has been so anemic.

Yes, our economy is adding jobs. It's remarkable how resilient the American economy is. Once we get a President in there who isn't anti-business I'm rather confident that it will grow at an even greater pace.

Oh, and by the way? I love the way you progressives manipulate the stats about how many jobs Bush created "over eight years". We're talking net jobs I take it? So all of the jobs that were created during the first six years of his two Administrations get cancelled out by the job losses that occured during a recession that is just as much the fault of Democrats as it is Republicans? And Barry of course gets the same statistical manipulation to make it appear that he's creating a million jobs a month? Gee if that really were the case then why is unemployment still over 8% and underemployment is at a staggering 15%? The truth is...Barack Obama's policies haven't created new jobs. Our economy slowly recovered DESPITE his attempts to cripple it. If he'd gotten his way with Cap & Trade legislation two years ago we'd REALLY be FUBAR'ed right now with higher electricity bills to go along with our higher gas bills.

Forum List

Back