If you lose the women, Hispanics,blacks and gays, Who do you have left?

obama took a naturally ocurring, cyclical recession and gave us what we have now.

Unemployment figures have dropped from the 9.1 percent that Obama inherited to it's current 8.1 percent, and it's still dropping.

The Dow has closed yet again over the 13,200 mark, when Obama inherited it, it was around 7,000.

Still think the economy isn't improving?

And what is it that Barry has done to make that economy improve, Biker? The economy ALWAYS bounces back from recessions...that's the nature of the beast. What you judge is the strength of that recovery. Would you admit that our recovery could best be described as "tepid"? Yes, it is better but 8.1 unemployment after spending trillions on the problem, is hardly a number to be proud of. What's sad is that we've been mired in this economic downturn for so long that we now view 8.1 unemployment as "progress". If you examine what our economy was doing at this point of Ronald Reagan's first term it was obvious that the work had been done in order for the economy to take off for the longest sustained period of growth in our country's history. Do you in any way see that to be the case now? I don't and neither does this Administration when they make their economic projections. Bottom line is that both Barack Obama and the people he's put in place to implement policy would best be described as "underwhelming". The question then becomes why would you want to give a man who ran out of ideas on how to fix things a year into his first term...a second term? What do you think is going to change for the better?

Whenever I want to see what this country would look like under a Republican I look no farther than Gov. Walker and what he's done to his state.

Nope, after the last election and seeing how Republicans want to screw everyone (and yeah, the Ryan plan which Mittens is solidly behind would really fuck this country over).

Think Jr. was bad? Mittens and Ryan will be much worse.

Hey, look at the nation under a Democrat President and Democrat controlled Congress:

$16,000,000,000,000+ debit, $1,500,000,000,000 deficits, sinking dollar, $5 gas and rising, 30,000,000 unemployed, 1/6 of the nation on pubic assistance, Obamacare, 50% of American paying no taxes, nuclear armed Iran on the horizon, Middle East handed over to the Muslim Brotherhood, BILLIONS paid into bankrupt solar firms, union bailouts, Wall Street bailouts...

Beautiful picture man!

Welfare dependent single mothers, blacks and hispanics have always been a democrat constituency..................

I guess that just leaves the working class that those parasites feed off of.............

Whenever I want to see what this country would look like under a Republican I look no farther than Gov. Walker and what he's done to his state.

Good point, GBS....

A balanced budget...

School districts HIRING teachers, not laying them off...

Lowered property taxes...

Unemployment dropping...

Can't argue there...

Walker has none of those things.

All he did was prevent a Depression

Guess that's not good enough for Conservatives

Barry prevented a Depression "how" exactly? With his stimulus? I think we both know that was more failure than success. With ObamaCare? Hardly. What prevented a worsening of the recession was TARP which was in place before Obama came into office. TARP under Obama was simply a continuation of what Bush put in motion.

The truth is...Barry's economic policies were pretty much a bust. That's why they had to invent a new economic term "jobs saved" and why Larry Summers and Christina Romer both bolted back to the safety of their teaching jobs. I'll give you a hint, Winger...they didn't leave because their Keynsian policies worked so well...they left because they didn't really work at all...and they didn't know what to do at that point.

Glad you asked.....in a continuance of my previous post

The economy was in a panic. Banks were failing like dominoes. The auto sector was in collapse. Who was going to invest in this train wreck of an economy?
Obama cooly stepped in and assured investors that the US Government would stand behind the economy, that the banks and auto companies would not be allowed to fail.
The result? After Stimulus and TARP were implemented, investors returned to the markets, employers stopped shedding employees, GDP turned positive.

Obama stopped a Depression in it's tracks?

HELL Yes he did!

TARP assured investors that the US Government would stand behind the economy. TARP was W's solution to the "train wreck" and something that Barry simply continued. So why is it that Obama gets credited for "cooly" stepping in...when all he really did was follow in the footsteps of the guy before him? TARP is W's baby. He took the political heat for it and he deserves the credit for any of it's success and the blame for any of it's failures.

The Stimulus on the other hand was ALL Barry, Harry and Nancy. We spent nearly a trillion dollars on a Keynesian wet dream of a stimulus program that ended up being such a bust that the folks in charge of it had to invent a new term "jobs saved" to try and put a better face on things. So...did you want to make the case that the Obama Stimulus prevented a "Depression", Winger? 'Cause if that's the case I wish you well because as they say out in the sticks..."that dog won't hunt."

Unemployment figures have dropped from the 9.1 percent that Obama inherited to it's current 8.1 percent, and it's still dropping.

The Dow has closed yet again over the 13,200 mark, when Obama inherited it, it was around 7,000.

And what is it that Barry has done to make that economy improve, Biker? The economy ALWAYS bounces back from recessions...that's the nature of the beast. What you judge is the strength of that recovery. Would you admit that our recovery could best be described as "tepid"? Yes, it is better but 8.1 unemployment after spending trillions on the problem, is hardly a number to be proud of. What's sad is that we've been mired in this economic downturn for so long that we now view 8.1 unemployment as "progress". If you examine what our economy was doing at this point of Ronald Reagan's first term it was obvious that the work had been done in order for the economy to take off for the longest sustained period of growth in our country's history. Do you in any way see that to be the case now? I don't and neither does this Administration when they make their economic projections. Bottom line is that both Barack Obama and the people he's put in place to implement policy would best be described as "underwhelming". The question then becomes why would you want to give a man who ran out of ideas on how to fix things a year into his first term...a second term? What do you think is going to change for the better?

Nope, after the last election and seeing how Republicans want to screw everyone (and yeah, the Ryan plan which Mittens is solidly behind would really fuck this country over).

Gee, when Walker took office, Wisconsin was looking at a 3 billion dollar deficit. Two years later Walker has not only eliminated that deficit but estimates are that the State may very well have a surplus. Walker did this without raising taxes and without laying off teachers, firefighters or police. So what is it that you "think" that Walker has done to Wisconsin that's so gosh darned terrible?

Gee, when Walker took office, Wisconsin was looking at a 3 billion dollar deficit. Two years later Walker has not only eliminated that deficit but estimates are that the State may very well have a surplus. Walker did this without raising taxes and without laying off teachers, firefighters or police. So what is it that you "think" that Walker has done to Wisconsin that's so gosh darned terrible?

Easy... he didn't plunge the state even further into debt.

C'mon man!!!

Good point, GBS....

A balanced budget...

School districts HIRING teachers, not laying them off...

Lowered property taxes...

Unemployment dropping...

Can't argue there...

Walker has none of those things.

Actually, yes - Wisconsin does...

Pay attention... Read...

unemployment figures have dropped from the 9.1 percent that obama inherited to it's current 8.1 percent, and it's still dropping.

The dow has closed yet again over the 13,200 mark, when obama inherited it, it was around 7,000.

and what is it that barry has done to make that economy improve, biker? The economy always bounces back from recessions...that's the nature of the beast. What you judge is the strength of that recovery. Would you admit that our recovery could best be described as "tepid"? Yes, it is better but 8.1 unemployment after spending trillions on the problem, is hardly a number to be proud of. What's sad is that we've been mired in this economic downturn for so long that we now view 8.1 unemployment as "progress". If you examine what our economy was doing at this point of ronald reagan's first term it was obvious that the work had been done in order for the economy to take off for the longest sustained period of growth in our country's history. Do you in any way see that to be the case now? I don't and neither does this administration when they make their economic projections. Bottom line is that both barack obama and the people he's put in place to implement policy would best be described as "underwhelming". The question then becomes why would you want to give a man who ran out of ideas on how to fix things a year into his first term...a second term? What do you think is going to change for the better?

all he did was prevent a depression

guess that's not good enough for conservatives

View attachment 18128

obama took a naturally ocurring, cyclical recession and gave us what we have now.

Bush tooK a naturally occurring, cyclical recession and turned it into the worst economic catastrophe in 70 years.

Thankfully, President Obama rescued it

A USAtoday poll...

might as well of come from the Hufferpost

I guess any hope will do these days..lol

Last edited:
Barry prevented a Depression "how" exactly? With his stimulus? I think we both know that was more failure than success. With ObamaCare? Hardly. What prevented a worsening of the recession was TARP which was in place before Obama came into office. TARP under Obama was simply a continuation of what Bush put in motion.

The truth is...Barry's economic policies were pretty much a bust. That's why they had to invent a new economic term "jobs saved" and why Larry Summers and Christina Romer both bolted back to the safety of their teaching jobs. I'll give you a hint, Winger...they didn't leave because their Keynsian policies worked so well...they left because they didn't really work at all...and they didn't know what to do at that point.

The economy was in a panic. Banks were failing like dominoes. The auto sector was in collapse. Who was going to invest in this train wreck of an economy?
Obama cooly stepped in and assured investors that the US Government would stand behind the economy, that the banks and auto companies would not be allowed to fail.
The result? After Stimulus and TARP were implemented, investors returned to the markets, employers stopped shedding employees, GDP turned positive.

HELL Yes he did!

TARP assured investors that the US Government would stand behind the economy. TARP was W's solution to the "train wreck" and something that Barry simply continued. So why is it that Obama gets credited for "cooly" stepping in...when all he really did was follow in the footsteps of the guy before him? TARP is W's baby. He took the political heat for it and he deserves the credit for any of it's success and the blame for any of it's failures.

The Stimulus on the other hand was ALL Barry, Harry and Nancy. We spent nearly a trillion dollars on a Keynesian wet dream of a stimulus program that ended up being such a bust that the folks in charge of it had to invent a new term "jobs saved" to try and put a better face on things. So...did you want to make the case that the Obama Stimulus prevented a "Depression", Winger? 'Cause if that's the case I wish you well because as they say out in the sticks..."that dog won't hunt."

TARP under Bush was too little, too late. That is why both the Auto industry and the financial sector were back looking for funds in three months. The problem with Republicans is that they used TARP as a gift with no strings attached. Obama correctly insisted on restructuring and a taxpayer stake in the company as a precursor to getting government assistance

Yes, the Stimulus was all President Obama and Speaker Pelosis. It provided a much needed injection of cash into an economy in crisis. Upon passing Stimulus, employers who were shedding 770,000 jobs a month reversed the trend to the point we are now adding 220,000 jobs a month. That is a swing of a million jobs a month

Prevented a Depression.....you betcha!

HELL Yes he did!

TARP under Bush was too little, too late. That is why both the Auto industry and the financial sector were back looking for funds in three months. The problem with Republicans is that they used TARP as a gift with no strings attached. Obama correctly insisted on restructuring and a taxpayer stake in the company as a precursor to getting government assistance

Yes, the Stimulus was all President Obama and Speaker Pelosis. It provided a much needed injection of cash into an economy in crisis. Upon passing Stimulus, employers who were shedding 770,000 jobs a month reversed the trend to the point we are now adding 220,000 jobs a month. That is a swing of a million jobs a month

The problem I have with that Rightwinger is that the government shouldn't be involved in the "business affairs" of a company within the private sector in the first place. We both know the reason why Obama was involved in the GM and Chrysler bailout, it was solely for union workers and had absolutely nothing to do with saving a poorly run industry. Ford was able to restructure and handle their own financial issues, and we have a bankruptcy and restructuring "system" already in place through the courts to handle corporations facing financial issues. There was no need for the Federal Government to stick its nose where it doesn't belong.

Banks - yes, because we are dealing with an institution whos business is exclusively in the handling, lending, and investing of Federal currency. There is a responsibility of the Federal Government to get involved for the security and well being of the country. There is no Federal stake or tie with a privately run business and how it manages it's company or finances. This was purely a political move 100% for unions. How many non-union private sector manufacturing companies had the Federal Government been involved with at that time, to interfere in it's financial management affairs and taken over how they manage their business? Again, we have a system already in place that oversees such actions through the courts.

Should they fail on their own? Yes. Many corporations and industies have in the past, and many more will in the future. We need to let the our market system and consumers determine the viability of a company against the executive CEO decisions for the quality and direction of their product choices, not the Federal Government. The Federal Government already has enough of a financial mess to clean up of its own, it doesn't need to add the poor choices of an improperly managed privately run business into the mix.

Last edited:

The problem I have with that Rightwinger is that the government shouldn't be involved in the "business affairs" of a company within the private sector in the first place. We both know the reason why Obama was involved in the GM and Chrysler bailout, it was solely for union workers and had absolutely nothing to do with saving a poorly run industry. Ford was able to restructure and handle their own financial issues, and we have a bankruptcy and restructuring "system" already in place through the courts to handle corporations facing financial issues. There was no need for the Federal Government to stick its nose where it doesn't belong.

Banks - yes, because we are dealing with an institution whos business is exclusively in the handling, lending, and investing of Federal currency. There is a responsibility of the Federal Government to get involved for the security and well being of the country. There is no Federal stake or tie with a privately run business and how it manages it's company or finances. This was purely a political move 100% for unions. How many non-union private sector manufacturing companies had the Federal Government been involved with at that time, to interfere in it's financial management affairs and taken over how they manage their business? Again, we have a system already in place that oversees such actions through the courts.

Should they fail on their own? Yes. Many corporations and industies have in the past, and many more will in the future. We need to let the our market system and consumers determine the viability of a company against the executive CEO decisions for the quality and direction of their product choices, not the Federal Government. The Federal Government already has enough of a financial mess to clean up of its own, it doesn't need to add the poor choices of an improperly managed privately run business into the mix.

Under normal conditions I agree with you. Let companies succeed and fail on their own. Let market forces apply. Allow the free market to cleanse itself.

The 2008-2009 recession was not normal conditions. Drastic times call for drastic measures. Businesses were falling like dominoes. Allowing them to fail would mean more would fail....and then more

Someone needed to step in and prop up the economy. The Government was the only entity with the resources to do so.

And yes.....if a private business fucks up to the point where they have to beg the taxpayers to bail them out, the government has an obligation to the taxpayer to ensure that money is being used wisely. If a business does not want the government rules, don't take the government money

HELL Yes he did!

Since the Bush TARP money that was loaned to financial institutions was paid back in full, I'm at a loss to see how you see it as a "gift with no strings attached", Winger.

In contrast, the GM deal's "strings" were designed to reward Barry's ardent supporters, the UAW, while unfairly punishing the private holders of GM bonds. What was loaned to GM has not been paid back and from the looks of it may very well never be paid back.

As for the Stimulus? Let's be honest here...the Obama Stimulus kept public sector union employees working, rewarded green energy supporters of Obama with millions of dollars in loans their business models indicated should NEVER have been given, and paid for the unemployment extensions to the millions of people who were out of work for the longest period of time since the Great Depression. The Obama Stimulus never CREATED jobs...if it had done THAT then they wouldn't have come up with the whole "jobs saved" scam.

Since the Bush TARP money that was loaned to financial institutions was paid back in full, I'm at a loss to see how you see it as a "gift with no strings attached", Winger.

In contrast, the GM deal's "strings" were designed to reward Barry's ardent supporters, the UAW, while unfairly punishing the private holders of GM bonds. What was loaned to GM has not been paid back and from the looks of it may very well never be paid back.

As for the Stimulus? Let's be honest here...the Obama Stimulus kept public sector union employees working, rewarded green energy supporters of Obama with millions of dollars in loans their business models indicated should NEVER have been given, and paid for the unemployment extensions to the millions of people who were out of work for the longest period of time since the Great Depression. The Obama Stimulus never CREATED jobs...if it had done THAT then they wouldn't have come up with the whole "jobs saved" scam.

What is so hard for Conservatives to understand the concept of "jobs saved"???

Republicans handed Obama an economy that was LOSING 770,000 jobs a month. When you reach zero jobs lost in a month, you are SAVING 770,000 jobs a month.

It's simple math, positives and negatives......a fourth grader can do it

Republicans handed Obama an economy that was LOSING 770,000 jobs a month. When you reach zero jobs lost in a month, you are SAVING 770,000 jobs a month.

The short answer? They keep lying about how bad things are because they want Obama out.

White House has a black man in it, lord have mercy on our souls!
(sung to the tune "Texas has a whorehouse in it").

Welfare dependent single mothers, blacks and hispanics have always been a democrat constituency..................

I guess that just leaves the working class that those parasites feed off of.............

more whites are on welfare but you are a racist white person and there is a lot of them

Oh, I understand the "concept" of "jobs saved", Winger. It's a statistic that was created out of thin air when the Obama Administration couldn't show job CREATION. The great thing about the whole "jobs saved" thing is that it's such a nebulous number...impossible to either prove or disprove...that you can state that you've SAVED 770,000 a month and your critics have a hard time disputing that claim. Jobs saved is a scam...always was...always will be.

Forum List

Back