If you know anybody who texts and drives

I agree people should share this. I don't associate with morons. And normally I don't interfere with a herd thinning moment. But these assholes end up killing other people as a result of their stupidity.

As a cyclist and driver I see this too often. I once thought we should collect the license plate numbers and post them online anonymously to at least scare a few people. I hate horn beepers but once recently a person driving a small minivan was texting so often I laid on the horn not once but I would bet fifty times. After a while the driver may have purposely slowed or remained stopped, but I thought wtf you are going to kill someone.

The roads now call REST STOPS , TEXT STOPS!!!

Hard to believe the problem is that bad, but apparently people really ARE that stupid!

• Banned
As a cyclist and driver I see this too often. I once thought we should collect the license plate numbers and post them online anonymously to at least scare a few people. I hate horn beepers but once recently a person driving a small minivan was texting so often I laid on the horn not once but I would bet fifty times. After a while the driver may have purposely slowed or remained stopped, but I thought wtf you are going to kill someone.

Exactly. My husband wasn't a texter, but his driving left a great deal to be desired. His standard answer was "Well, I've never been in an accident." I finally snapped one day and said "That's because people see you coming, and get out of the way!"

The kid who was learning to walk and talk and think again; I can't imagine. And he was a passenger. My best friend tried returning a text with me in the passenger seat, and I spoke more harshly to her than I ever have. She apologized, and put the phone away.

My family members don't text and drive, but that means nothing if they are on the road with someone who does.
Amen to this. For everyone who is out there on the road, it is them against everyone else who is out there too.

God bless you and your family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back