If you know anybody who texts and drives

I agree people should share this. I don't associate with morons. And normally I don't interfere with a herd thinning moment. But these assholes end up killing other people as a result of their stupidity.

As a cyclist and driver I see this too often. I once thought we should collect the license plate numbers and post them online anonymously to at least scare a few people. I hate horn beepers but once recently a person driving a small minivan was texting so often I laid on the horn not once but I would bet fifty times. After a while the driver may have purposely slowed or remained stopped, but I thought wtf you are going to kill someone.

The roads now call REST STOPS , TEXT STOPS!!!

Hard to believe the problem is that bad, but apparently people really ARE that stupid!

• Banned
As a cyclist and driver I see this too often. I once thought we should collect the license plate numbers and post them online anonymously to at least scare a few people. I hate horn beepers but once recently a person driving a small minivan was texting so often I laid on the horn not once but I would bet fifty times. After a while the driver may have purposely slowed or remained stopped, but I thought wtf you are going to kill someone.

Exactly. My husband wasn't a texter, but his driving left a great deal to be desired. His standard answer was "Well, I've never been in an accident." I finally snapped one day and said "That's because people see you coming, and get out of the way!"

The kid who was learning to walk and talk and think again; I can't imagine. And he was a passenger. My best friend tried returning a text with me in the passenger seat, and I spoke more harshly to her than I ever have. She apologized, and put the phone away.

Forum List

Back