If you defend the flying of the confederate flag, you're also defending the ISIS flag

They both stand for bigotry and hate.
I support the flying and displaying of any and all flags. How else dya know where your enemies are? :)
You -should- support it for reasons of free speech.

I support your right to wear the conferate battle flag, I support you hanging it high at your home, and i support you plastering it on your jacked up pickup truck.....but public display over a state house, not so much.

The difference is that you have a right to free speech. The state, you or me, should not have the right to make a statement for everyone within the state.
True -- there is a difference there. But...

We all know some people fly it for the very reasons certain people oppose it – white supremacy, racism, support of slavery, etc. While this is not in any way reason to ‘ban’ it, these are at least legitimate argument as to why people might take offense to it.

However… some people fly it as tribute to and in honor of the people that fought the war for their beliefs.

And while yes, those beliefs may have been offensive (see above), in this day and age, we separate the troops from the cause – you can, we are told, support the troops while opposing the war.

So, what argument is there that there is no place for the battle flag and that it is improper for anyone – people, governments – to fly it?

I support the flying and displaying of any and all flags. How else dya know where your enemies are? :)

I support your right to wear the conferate battle flag, I support you hanging it high at your home, and i support you plastering it on your jacked up pickup truck.....but public display over a state house, not so much.

The difference is that you have a right to free speech. The state, you or me, should not have the right to make a statement for everyone within the state.

We all know some people fly it for the very reasons certain people oppose it – white supremacy, racism, support of slavery, etc. While this is not in any way reason to ‘ban’ it, these are at least legitimate argument as to why people might take offense to it.

However… some people fly it as tribute to and in honor of the people that fought the war for their beliefs.

And while yes, those beliefs may have been offensive (see above), in this day and age, we separate the troops from the cause – you can, we are told, support the troops while opposing the war.

So, what argument is there that there is no place for the battle flag and that it is improper for anyone – people, governments – to fly it?

Your quote:

What beliefs would that be? Granted the men charging into canister shot did not care much about the issue of slavery because they owned no slaves. But charge they did believing the biggest con job in American history.

They were damn brave men I don't think I could have done what they did. But unfortunately they did it for a rotten cause, protecting the interest of white democrat rich aristocrats and their stake in slavery. Slavery was a HUGE economic interest to the south. I don't blame them for wishing to protect that interest, we all want to protect what is ours.

But to me convincing the poor joe who had no stake whatever in slavery to march into canister is one impressive con job.

And once again, put it on the roof of your General Lee, just not on top of the state house.

If you like apples, you also like oranges.
They're both fruits of hatred and bigotry. You know you got nothing. You can't defend flying one without defending flying of the other.

Your quote:
What beliefs would that be? Granted the men charging into canister shot did not care much about the issue of slavery because they owned no slaves. But charge they did believing the biggest con job in American history.
Like I said: we separate the troops from the cause – you can, we are told, support the troops while opposing the war.

Your quote:
Like I said: we separate the troops from the cause – you can, we are told, support the troops while opposing the war.

But the flag, in my opinion, represents the cause. And i do have a problem respecting those who brought the most deaths to American combined. Sorry they fought for a bad cause, bravely, but it was based on lies.

But the flag, in my opinion, represents the cause. And i do have a problem respecting those who brought the most deaths to American combined. Sorry they fought for a bad cause, bravely, but it was based on lies.
Do you support the troops that fought in Bush's illegal war for money and oil?
Do you take exception to those who fly the flag to support those troops?

Wow! A con admitting Shrub's war was illegal, and was about money and oil! IT'S A MIRACLE!

Wow! A con admitting Shrub's war was illegal, and was about money and oil! IT'S A MIRACLE!
Wow! A mindless partisan bigot, deliberately missing the point!

First of all the war was not illegal, where do you get this stuff?

Second when can we expect the oil to be delivered?

Thirdly, like it or not they fought for our country, not for an army bent on destroying our country.

Thirdly, like it or not they fought for our country, not for an army bent on destroying our country.
You don't understand...
Most of the people crying about the CSA battle flag support the troops that fought in what they call Bush's illegal war.

You don't understand...
Most of the people crying about the CSA battle flag support the troops that fought in what they call Bush's illegal war.

I do see your point but you have to consider that the flag represents an army that brought more death to our country then all the other wars combined. It was an army fighting against the US not for the US. It brought destruction to the South. There was nothing noble about a war over slavery although those who fought showed great bravery.

You don't understand...
I do see your point but you have to consider that the flag represents an army that brought more death to our country then all the other wars combined. It was an army fighting against the US not for the US. It brought destruction to the South. There was nothing noble about a war over slavery although those who fought showed great bravery.
And you cannot legitimately honor those people -- those Americans - for their bravery?

Yo, has anybody ever told you that you are a total ass? Well I am!!! :ahole-1:

"GTP"
The truth hertz doughnut.

Yo,
Dunce-cap-in-corner.jpg

"GTP"

I defend their right to display a flag of their choosing. That is if they are stupid enough to fly um!

How long before the Libs start bitching about the American Flag....
They seem to love it when demonstrators piss and shit on it.
But if a kid has one attached to his bike when he rides to school.....
Holy friggin shit....
He's forced to remove it and get's suspended.

Forum List

Back