If Trump told Comey to stop investigation, did Comey commit a crime by not reporting it immediately?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
This only came out after Comey was fired.

Trump allegedly committed a crime. Comey also did by not reporting the crime.

Will Comey ask for immunity?

Yes

People always talk bad about their boss after they are fired

Comey is a liar and a felon. He may very well be indicted after he testifies next week.

the way i understand things Trump may have said that he HOPED that comey would go easy on 'Flynn' or drop the case against Flynn . The word Hoped or Hope makes the conversation acceptable and legal and no problem for TRUMP according to some talking head lawyers on tv . --------- If ' comey' suspected that TRUMP was asking for favors or giving him orders to stop the investigation on Flynn then 'comey' should have reported that info . Just holding the info for himself in private notes is either illegal or unethical , from what i hear !!

Last edited:

Who would he report it to? Sessions?
-------------------------------------------- Sure , probably simply report to Sessions or was 'sally yates' still around at the time . But yeah , comey shoulda reported to the acting Attorney General i assume Bodecea !!

the way i understand things Trump may have said that he HOPED that comey would go easy on 'Flynn' or drop the case against Flynn . The word Hoped or Hope makes the conversation acceptable and no problem for TRUMP according to some talking head lawyers on tv . --------- If ' comey' suspected that TRUMP was asking for favors or giving him orders to stop the investigation on Flynn then 'comey' should have reported that info . Just holding the info for himself in private notes is either illegal or unethical , from what i hear !!
" From what I've gathered from this "anonymous source" bullshit, is that Trump mentioned that he " hoped there is a pathway" to see the investigation to an end game.

Apparently it's not a crime unless you actively commit it yourself; being asked to/knowing about it is not enough. At least that is Trump's defense on the hacking; that he knew about it is no big deal

Apparently it's not a crime unless you actively commit it yourself; being asked to/knowing about it is not enough. At least that is Trump's defense on the hacking; that he knew about it is no big deal

So they will be bunk mates. The sitcom writes itself.

So they will be bunk mates. The sitcom writes itself.

Sounds like a plan.

Forum List

Back