Biden Says He Might Not Be Running If Trump Weren't In The Race

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“If Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running,” the president told donors.

President Joe Biden told donors in Boston on Tuesday that he might not be running for reelection had Donald Trump not entered the race.

“If Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running,” Biden said, according to reporters present at the event. “But we cannot let him win.”

Biden didn’t immediately elaborate on that thought process, but the admission shouldn’t come as much of a shock.

Going back to 2020, Biden’s campaign pitched him to voters as the party’s best chance at stopping Trump from securing another term in office, arguing that an establishment Democrat would do better in swing states than his progressive rivals for the nomination.

When he succeeded in nabbing the nomination and winning the general election, Trump seemed unlikely to be a formidable opponent in 2024.
He’d lost the popular vote by a sizable margin, squandered support in the Republican Party over his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol and declared that the American election system had been rigged against him in the 2020 election.

But within two years, Trump had announced his candidacy. He’s currently polling as the front-runner for the GOP nomination by massive margins.

More at the link below...

Biden Says He Might Not Be Running If Trump Weren’t In The Race

So, if Trump gets knocked out of the race, Biden may drop out. Very interesting. What do you think?

“If Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running,” the president told donors.

President Joe Biden told donors in Boston on Tuesday that he might not be running for reelection had Donald Trump not entered the race.

“If Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running,” Biden said, according to reporters present at the event. “But we cannot let him win.”

Biden didn’t immediately elaborate on that thought process, but the admission shouldn’t come as much of a shock.

Going back to 2020, Biden’s campaign pitched him to voters as the party’s best chance at stopping Trump from securing another term in office, arguing that an establishment Democrat would do better in swing states than his progressive rivals for the nomination.

When he succeeded in nabbing the nomination and winning the general election, Trump seemed unlikely to be a formidable opponent in 2024.
He’d lost the popular vote by a sizable margin, squandered support in the Republican Party over his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol and declared that the American election system had been rigged against him in the 2020 election.

But within two years, Trump had announced his candidacy. He’s currently polling as the front-runner for the GOP nomination by massive margins.

So, if Trump gets knocked out of the race, Biden may drop out. Very interesting. What do you think?
The Thief in Chief is spinning away. Besides if Trump was not running most if not all these so called investigations would not be happening. Indictments and investigations did not get into full swing so to speak until AFTER Trump said he was running.

I could vote for Haley.

I won't be voting for Biden, but I will be voting against Trump.

I'm getting tired of not voting for someone.

If Biden wasn't running there are a lot of other Democrats I would love to see run like Bernie Sanders, I always loved Hillary, Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris, Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez( beautiful and highly intelligent), and John Fetterman.

Every Democrat name mentioned superior to Trump in every way. Our Democrat president's seem to always clean up the mess done by a former Republican president. Biden has done a good job cleaning up the mess Trump left him.

Last edited:
Good because Trump is going to beat him a 3rd time... and this time you dems can't cheat enough to cover the MAGA turnout....

do you actually believe Biden is setting the policies for the country ?? what people like you dont understand is that Biden not running would change nothing about the current policies or direction of the country if another dem is elected POTUS ..

Trump – the great uniter and motivator of Democrats.

The Ds have a better chance of beating Don if Joe chose not to run. As always he has thing’s completely backward.

Forum List

Back