If this is true, Panetta should resign

It is unlikely that the commander on the ground was acting in any way other than his own orders, likely from Leon Panetta to got them from obama.
Somehow I can't imagine Obama fretfully issuing orders to "make sure all those soldiers have no guns when they are around Leon now." Truthfully, and apart from your neo-Conservative orientation, doesn't that seem rather improbable to you?

I'll concede to the obscure possibility that Panetta asked for the disarming, in which case he is clearly unfit for the office he holds, but I'm more inclined to believe the source of the order was the General who issued it. And I base that presumption on the General's expressed wish to maintain homogeneity between his Marines and the Afghan troops.

My understanding is the line troops on those forward bases carry their weapons to the messhalls, to church, and to the latrines if they don't have indoor plumbing. Is that true or not true?

If it's true the General has some explaining to do. If it's not true then his order was reasonable.

It is unlikely that the commander on the ground was acting in any way other than his own orders, likely from Leon Panetta to got them from obama.
Somehow I can't imagine Obama fretfully issuing orders to "make sure all those soldiers have no guns when they are around Leon now." Truthfully, and apart from your neo-Conservative orientation, doesn't that seem rather improbable to you?

I'll concede to the obscure possibility that Panetta asked for the disarming, in which case he is clearly unfit for the office he holds, but I'm more inclined to believe the source of the order was the General who issued it. And I base that presumption on the General's expressed wish to maintain homogeneity between his Marines and the Afghan troops.

My understanding is the line troops on those forward bases carry their weapons to the messhalls, to church, and to the latrines if they don't have indoor plumbing. Is that true or not true?

If it's true the General has some explaining to do. If it's not true then his order was reasonable.

It's very true.

In light of recent events I don't understand why Afghans were present at a pep-talk for OUR troops.

Just saying.

Panetta is so bleepin out of touch. Just another fat ass bureaucrat. His explanation for this is just so damn bizarre. It's pretty sad & frightening knowing incompetent clueless creeps like Panetta are running things. Our poor poor Soldiers. What a mess.

When our politicians start seeing US Soldiers and Marines in the same light as Afghan Soldiers, its time to shut down shop in Afghanistan ASAP, if we are the same as them we shouldn't even be there, they should be alright to control their own country.

:clap2::clap2: It is their country............

They will grow opium & fight amongst themselves as they have always done........

Yes as well as live in mud huts, recite Quranic verses and fuck goats, I say we let them have at it.

Yes, its definently true. A friend of mine who deployed to Afghanistan used to sleep with his rifle.

Wonder when they'll release the shooter's photo. This SSG that shot 16 people in two separate villages?.

Good question..........

Are you the same Muddy that posted @ Bill Maher back in the day??? If I may ask???

I do believe some of our fairer posters have come down with a case of the vapers!

I do declare!

It was a poor decision.

But soldiers do what they're ordered to do.

Doesn't mean we have to like it.

I think it shows a lack of respect for the troops.

Btw, if any soldier can't be trusted with a loaded weapon he shouldn't be given one in the first place. And looking at this from the Afghan perspective, they're a bunch of macho turn of the century assholes. They know it's an insult to the troops.

How do you know?

It was a poor decision.

Btw, if any soldier can't be trusted with a loaded weapon he shouldn't be given one in the first place. And looking at this from the Afghan perspective, they're a bunch of macho turn of the century assholes. They know it's an insult to the troops.

I think our administration is starting to see our Troops as the problem here, not the Afghans.

Is this the belligerence talking, or the drunk talking? ;)

It was a poor decision.

I think our administration is starting to see our Troops as the problem here, not the Afghans.

Is this the belligerence talking, or the drunk talking? ;)

Both.

Panetta is so bleepin out of touch. Just another fat ass bureaucrat. His explanation for this is just so damn bizarre. It's pretty sad & frightening knowing incompetent clueless creeps like Panetta are running things. Our poor poor Soldiers. What a mess.
Yup! This thread has officially gone Looney Tunes!
smiley_dizzy.gif

Perhaps one of the Mods can move this thread to the Rubber Room.

Yup! This thread has officially gone Looney Tunes!
smiley_dizzy.gif

Perhaps one of the Mods can move this thread to the Rubber Room.

Your home of record.

It was a poor decision.

How do you know?

From my time working with foreign troops. Intel reports.

The usual.

If it's true that Leon Panetta had Marines disarm before being in a room with him, he should resign.

You don't put your desire for personal safety above the honor of the United States Marine Corp.

Story to come, I'm sure.

The difference between myself, a conservative, service connected disabled veteran, and that POS, turn our troops command over to the UN Panetta... I would INSIST the Marines bear their arms.

Panetta needs to have his cheesy, traitorous ass kicked to the curb, but don't expect the kenyan to do it. Panetta is just the kind of scum obama likes.
Why don't you stand aside and let the grownups discuss this intelligently?

Do some people have any idea of what is going on with this incident? As soon as they see a possibity of smearing someone they jump in with both feet and the story has not even unfolded. Assuming the story is true, was it Panetta that ordered the troops to stow them outside? Was the motive the safety of Panetta someone else or the attempt to show equality with the Afghanistan troops? Did the CO have concerns about his responsiblity for safety? What is the story here?

Wonder when they'll release the shooter's photo. This SSG that shot 16 people in two separate villages?.

Good question..........

Are you the same Muddy that posted @ Bill Maher back in the day??? If I may ask???

I confess. It was me.

Long time ago before the great purge.

LOL.... & the clone wars....lol

I was there basically after most of that-I was @ nutshell prior & when everyone started flooding over I started posting @ BM..........

Is there any other old BM ppl around here???

It was a poor decision.

How do you know?

From my time working with foreign troops. Intel reports.

The usual.
But you clearly know nothing about this incident.

Damn - I should have stopped typing after "nothing".

Forum List

Back