If this is true, Panetta should resign

How many attacks have happened at Camp Leatherneck?

I'm not sure if any happened at the camp, but I could give you a good list of Afghan Soldiers turning their guns on US Troops if you want me to.
Oh, I know that has happened just as I know sometimes the reverse has happened.

I am still unable to get upset about people being disarmed on a military base when they are meeting as allies.

While you're at that why not cut off their family jewels as well.

The commanders are only saying what they are told to say. If we had honest assessments from commanders it would be entirely different but we don't. We have a command structure with a bunch of Baghdad Bob's in charge.

Any commander who puts the safety of his men first gets the Allen West treatment.

General Gurganus told reporters later that he had wanted a consistent policy for everyone in the tent, and that “I wanted to have the Marines look just like their Afghan partners,” [...]
If that's what he wants he should arrange to send those Afghans to Parris Island for thirteen weeks (for openers).

. . . noting, “You’ve got one of the most important people in the world in the room.” [...]
Is that brown-nosing rhetoric or isn't it?

It was a poor decision.

But soldiers do what they're ordered to do.

Doesn't mean we have to like it.

I think it shows a lack of respect for the troops.

Btw, if any soldier can't be trusted with a loaded weapon he shouldn't be given one in the first place. And looking at this from the Afghan perspective, they're a bunch of macho turn of the century assholes. They know it's an insult to the troops.

It was a poor decision.

But soldiers do what they're ordered to do.

Doesn't mean we have to like it.

I think it shows a lack of respect for the troops.

Btw, if any soldier can't be trusted with a loaded weapon he shouldn't be given one in the first place. And looking at this from the Afghan perspective, they're a bunch of macho turn of the century assholes. They know it's an insult to the troops.

I think our administration is starting to see our Troops as the problem here, not the Afghans.

The thing that scares is me Afghan Soldiers have been killing our Marines and Soldiers alot lately, thats why hearing Marines being disarmed scares me.
Exactly!

That should be consideration Number One. Instead we have some incompetent uniformed politician whose first concerns are his own resume and kissing Panetta's ass.

Even if the orders came from upstairs -- a real Marine Corps General would have said no to that.

The thing that scares is me Afghan Soldiers have been killing our Marines and Soldiers alot lately, thats why hearing Marines being disarmed scares me.
My concern also; that is why I posted about the chance of a Marine's weapon being grabbed INSIDE the tent.
That is the kind of "what if" that must be lived with in the real world. As I've asked you earlier, "what if" someone grabs a policeman's gun and shoots you on a street in your hometown? Should we disarm all cops to prevent that obscure possibility?

Besides, those Marines know who is sitting next to them because they've been living with the same concern you are voicing.

Come inside the tent & shoot YOU. As has been posted before. Should Gurganus be court martialed or relieved of his command?
Gurganus' action suggests to me he should be assigned to a desk in command of some stateside supply depot.

Maybe a broom closet would be better.
I think our administration is starting to see our Troops as the problem here, not the Afghans.
Karzai says "GO NOW"; I KNOW I do not trust fate in hoping the Taliban DOES NOT breed another al Qaeda. Who should replace Panetta now, IF he gave any such order? Do we remove Gurganus?

My concern also; that is why I posted about the chance of a Marine's weapon being grabbed INSIDE the tent.
That is the kind of "what if" that must be lived with in the real world. As I've asked you earlier, "what if" someone grabs a policeman's gun and shoots you on a street in your hometown? Should we disarm all cops to prevent that obscure possibility?

Besides, those Marines know who is sitting next to them because they've been living with the same concern you are voicing.
Should we disarm all cops to prevent that obscure possibility?
No, nor have I suggested DISARMING US troops; I feel the person who might order no guns in a specified place for a couple of hours should be the COMMANDER.

Exactly!

That should be consideration Number One. Instead we have some incompetent uniformed politician whose first concerns are his own resume and kissing Panetta's ass.

Even if the orders came from upstairs -- a real Marine Corps General would have said no to that.

I think we are starting to see the effects of the big disconnect between our Military and Civilian sectors, our politicians send our men and women off to war but have no idea what they have to go through while they are there, I also think that after this incident Panetta didn't want any US Troops armed around him because he also considered them a threat.

Gurganus' action suggests to me he should be assigned to a desk in command of some stateside supply depot.

Maybe a broom closet would be better.
Karzai says "GO NOW"; I KNOW I do not trust fate in hoping the Taliban DOES NOT breed another al Qaeda. Who should replace Panetta now, IF he gave any such order? Do we remove Gurganus?

The Taliban are not going anywhere, Afghanistan is their home. If Panetta really is scared of our troops and disarmed them for that reason than yes the motherfucker should be replaced.

Guns taken away = Panetta feels safe.

Guns taken away = Troops feel demoralized.

Mission Accomplished.

OpEd writers are going to have a field day with this issue in tomorrow morning's newspapers.

He should of never been given the job........... But it will look nice on his resume' for lobbying once he leaves this branch of the MIC

Forum List

Back