If this is true, Panetta should resign

What are you talking about? I am always concerned about our troops in Afghanistan, but that decision to disarm them was fucking retarded.
Hmmm....I thought we were supposed to listen to the commanders on the ground?

If this commander on the ground is telling Marines to disarm in a war zone he is retarded.

Seems that one man's military base is another man's war zone....

1. "Among President Clinton's first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases. In March 1993, the Army imposed regulations forbidding military personnel from carrying their personal firearms and making it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers in the U.S. for personal protection."
Military base gun ban imposed by Bill Clinton

2. A soldier suspected of fatally shooting 12 and wounding 31 at Fort Hood in Texas on Thursday is not dead as previously reported by the military, the base's commander said Thursday evening.

A civilian officer who was wounded in the incident shot the suspect, who is "in custody and in stable condition," Army Lt. Gen. Robert Cone told reporters.

"Preliminary reports indicate there was a single shooter that was shot multiple times at the scene," ...
Officials: Fort Hood shootings suspect alive; 12 dead - CNN

Amazing how many psychics we have here.
There have been the top 2 Marines on that base publicly give their reasons why they did this and we still have rank opinion and commentary here.
This was a Marine command decision.
End of story but I am sure we will continue to have the right wing spin here to somehow make this another Obama goof.

Who gives a shit? Disarming Marines who are ON DUTY is idiotic. If you're going to disarm them, send them the fuck home. Unarmed, they're just targets.

Who gives a shit? Disarming Marines who are ON DUTY is idiotic. If you're going to disarm them, send them the fuck home. Unarmed, they're just targets.

Dumbass, they were inside a building surrounded by a damn division of armed Marines.
And everyone of the Afghans there were unarmed and inside a room in an armed to the teeth building. How are they a target when no one was armed in a single room?
Fool.
There are many like you that question our brave Marines that are in battle every chance they can and believe they know more about the mission than the Marine commanders on the ground.
This was a Marine command decision. You obviously do not know shit about the Marines or the code they follow.

No, there are many like me and other family members of marines who know the stupidity of unarming marines in hostile environments.

Panetta was nervous. So he disarms our guys. Intelligent? Nope.

Negged for being an anti-American dickwad, incidentally. Since you are.

No, there are many like me and other family members of marines who know the stupidity of unarming marines in hostile environments.

Panetta was nervous. So he disarms our guys. Intelligent? Nope.

Negged for being an anti-American dickwad, incidentally. Since you are.

Dumbass, both the Marine commanders stated THEY MADE THAT DECISION AND PANETTA HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
You have an agenda and facts do not matter. Your agenda includes calling those Marines LIARS.
Are they liars when they said THEY MADE THE CALL?
Fool. You are anti American for calling the Marine commanders liars.

I never called the Marines liars, nitwit.

I called the commanders assholes, and Panetta a pantywaist, it's true.

You know, I started this thread with very little information. That's why I said "Story to come, I'm sure".

All I had heard was a short bit on MSNBC during Chuck Todd's show. They mentioned that some Marines were ordered to disarm before entering the room with him, and that they were pursuing the story. There was no mention of Afghans.

But since the time that I started this thread, I have learned new information.

I was no longer pissed at Panetta once I read Article 15's post #6 that points out that Panetta did not make the call, the Major General did.

I was no longer pissed at the Major General when it became clear that this was a diplomatic outreach, in order to not blatantly insult Afghans by only disarming them.

In the end, it seems like it was a prudent decision, with no danger since it's been pointed out ad nauseum that the tent was secured by armed Marines outside the tent.

This is the difference, it seems, between the Left and the Right: the Left learns new info and adapts their view accordingly. The Right stick with the first bit of info they hear, no matter how flawed it is proven to be, and any subsequent updates to the situation fall on their deaf, hyper-partisan, hateful ears. :)

Last edited:
There have been the top 2 Marines on that base publicly give their reasons why they did this and we still have rank opinion and commentary here.
End of story but I am sure we will continue to have the right wing spin here to somehow make this another Obama goof.

Marines take their orders from their superiors. If they were ordered to do this and also told to keep it quiet and said anything about it they would be relieved.

STFU.

Dumbass, they were inside a building surrounded by a damn division of armed Marines.
And everyone of the Afghans there were unarmed and inside a room in an armed to the teeth building. How are they a target when no one was armed in a single room?
Fool.
There are many like you that question our brave Marines that are in battle every chance they can and believe they know more about the mission than the Marine commanders on the ground.
This was a Marine command decision. You obviously do not know shit about the Marines or the code they follow.
Yet someone got in a burning truck in a hostile area!! WTF its war!!!

Marines take their orders from their superiors. If they were ordered to do this and also told to keep it quiet and said anything about it they would be relieved.

STFU.

Chain of command and the superiors got their orders from? and from ....

STFU.

hey moron, the chain doesn't always go very far up. orders can be given at any level. :cuckoo:

A Sgt's orders do not necessarily come from the CinC

btw, a Commander of a base is usually in charge of his/her base

I was talking to some guys yesterday and one of them said he jumped with George H. W. Bush back when he was president. They were ordered by the Secret Service to take the bolts out of their weapons while they were in the aircraft with the president. This is normal.

However, that was the president, not the Sec of Defense. Presidents get more security than a cabinet member. The Secret Service has their procedures and they handle security for the President and the VP. The simple fact that they were stateside meant they were not in a hostile environment, so it wasn't much of an issue anyway.

One thing, if the Secret Service is protecting the Secretary of Defense that is on orders from the President. SOP is to disarm anyone in the area that is not part of the security detail. I don't give a fuck what some general says. If Panetta is getting Secret Service protection obviously they're worried about his safety. It takes an order from the President to grant him that protection.

Last edited:
Btw, another soldier was killed last month by a so-called friendly Afghan soldier but the White House kept the story hidden until now.

The country is falling apart. But Obama isn't to blame.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/16/marine-killed-by-afghan-soldier-last-month-officials-say/

WASHINGTON – An Afghan soldier shot to death a 22-year-old Marine at an outpost in southwestern Afghanistan last month in a previously undisclosed case of apparent Afghan treachery that marked at least the seventh killing of an American military member by his supposed ally in the past six weeks, Marine officials said.

Lance Cpl. Edward J. Dycus of Greenville, Miss., was shot in the back of the head on Feb. 1 while standing guard at an Afghan-U.S. base in the Marja district of Helmand province. The exact circumstances have not been disclosed, but the Dycus family has been notified that he was killed by an Afghan soldier. Marine officials discussed the matter on condition of anonymity because it is still under investigation.

When the Pentagon announced Dycus' death the day after the shooting, it said he died "while conducting combat operations" in Helmand. It made no mention of treachery, which has become a growing problem for U.S. and allied forces as they work closely with Afghan forces to wind down the war.

The Associated Press inquired about the Dycus case after Maj. Gen. John Toolan, the top Marine commander in Afghanistan at the time, said in an AP interview March 7 that the Afghan government has been embarrassed by recent cases of Afghan soldiers turning their guns on their supposed partners.

"I had one just a month ago where a lance corporal was killed, shot in the back of the head, and the Afghan minister of defense was here the next day" to discuss custody of the shooter, Toolan said, speaking from his Regional Command-Southwest headquarters at Camp Leatherneck.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/1...ldier-last-month-officials-say/#ixzz1pHJdP3sU

Last edited:
:cuckoo:

Btw, another soldier was killed last month by a so-called friendly Afghan soldier but the White House kept the story hidden until now.

The country is falling apart. But Obama isn't to blame.

wow! they kept it hidden?

where? and how did you find it?

:lol::lol::lol:

They released the particulars on Fox this morning. Shot on Feb 1st while on guard duty.

What was hidden was the fact that he was shot in the back of the head by an Afghan. They released the story of his death but the press didn't cover it because these days they don't give a shit if somebody dies in Afghanistan. It's not important cuz the president is a Democrap.

I sure hope Obama called someone and apologized.

Last edited:

STFU.

And both of their superiors stated IT WAS THEIR DECISION, NOT PANETTA'S.
The difference between me and you is I need evidence and you believe rumor and innuendo.
Show me some evidence. All you have is an "lf"
Which is nothing.
Thought so, you have nothing other than rank rhetoric. But keep it up. You keep proving my point.

STFU.

hey moron, the chain doesn't always go very far up. orders can be given at any level. :cuckoo:

A Sgt's orders do not necessarily come from the CinC

btw, a Commander of a base is usually in charge of his/her base

And if he was hung out to dry by someone above him they would have stated so.
Same old story. All ifs and maybes and no facts.
This was a command decision. We can argue all day long why it was a bad decision and I believe it was a bad decision but to lay blame on Panetta because folk do not like him without any evidence is beyond stupid.

Fool.
Yet someone got in a burning truck in a hostile area!! WTF its war!!!

Unrelated. Read some and learn.

Forum List

Back