If the GOP is so good at ending poverty, then explain Appalachia. Or even Red States.

Republicans, even at the USMB, constantly attack Democrats over poverty.

But look at where the bulk of the poor in the United States live. In Appalachia. The largest depressed area in the United States covering 13 Red States.

Study: Infant mortality up, life expectancy down in Appalachia

The Cycle of Poverty in Appalachia Continues

A View From Appalachia: Living Below The Poverty Line

It was Appalachia that put Trump over the top.
Ironically, it's been Democrats in Blue States who have actually benefited the most from Trump's policies.

If the Republican base is so lost in poverty, why do Republicans believe they know the way out of poverty?

I may be wrong...I’m going back a ways in my studies...aren’t six of the thirteen states blues states and doesn’t New York, Pennsylvania and Ohio make up the populous of Appalachians?
regionmap.gif

cd_method_20161.png

Actually, a tiny portion of two Blue States. The Red Parts of the the states.

They went from Democrat to Republican, they wanted the jobs, also you have to remember most of the black population is in the deep South..you can't change it over night..

BorgWarner Inc. to expand Upstate facility

A manufacturer automotive powertrains is expanding its facility in the Upstate.

BorgWarner Inc. is investing $71.9 million and creating more than 160 new jobs at its plant in Oconee County. It is the company’s third expansion to its Seneca plant since 2013.

But look at where the bulk of the poor in the United States live. In Appalachia. The largest depressed area in the United States covering 13 Red States.

Ironically, it's been Democrats in Blue States who have actually benefited the most from Trump's policies.

If the Republican base is so lost in poverty, why do Republicans believe they know the way out of poverty?
No political party or legislation can end poverty.

Get that through your head.

Government cannot fix poverty. It never ever ever ever ever has and never will.

There is no silver bullet for poverty. The ONLY thing that has ever come close is a free-market society.
The silver bullet is education. Why does the Right want to stunt education?

I did side jobs at clemson university, they are getting huge on manufacturing technology..so that's another lie.

They work with Michelin , BMW and a host of others..

The clemson campus is getting huge .. they are knocking down dorms building huge research centers and class rooms

Btw Nikki Hailey went to clemson

While a university might be in a Red State that doesn't mean the students at the university are from that state.

Nikki Haley:
Full name: Nimrata Haley
Parents: Ajit Singh Randhawa, Raj Kaur Randhawa

4DB6450500000578-0-image-a-14_1530200423325.jpg

4DB6451100000578-0-image-a-15_1530200430625.jpg
4DB6452200000578-0-image-a-17_1530200448975.jpg

Yea, she looks like she fits right in to Appalachia.

Because that's worked so well in Appalachia?

Show us your analysis.

Please. You brought it up...show us.

Show us you know anything about finance.
Show us you know anything about poverty and it's causes.
Show us you know anything about science or math.

All you do is post bullshit and you can't stand behind it all.
I thought you “don’t care” so why are you asking for analysis after dodging the topic for 4 posts while trying to turn it into a partisan attack thread?

It’s legit to look at the historical cause and effect of policies to analyze their effectiveness. It is done all the time with gun laws in Chicago, why shouldn’t it be done for Appalachia?

Fine, then let him do it.

I am asking because it is the board moron, deanrd.

The one who posts bullshit about anything but can back up nothing.
Perfectly fine with challenging him to back up his claims, just wish people would be more direct with it instead of dodging the substance with petty partisan attacks that add nothing to the conversation. I don’t know much about Appalachia so I’m curious to dig in which is why I’m reading this thread

I have been every where in this country, like I said I know Chicago and the burbs like the back of my hand , lived in the upstate of south Carolina for 14 years my second wife was from spruce pines North Carolina, the OP just wants to deflect..
Deflect from what? It’s his thread

There is no silver bullet for poverty. The ONLY thing that has ever come close is a free-market society.

Show us your analysis.

I thought you “don’t care” so why are you asking for analysis after dodging the topic for 4 posts while trying to turn it into a partisan attack thread?

It’s legit to look at the historical cause and effect of policies to analyze their effectiveness. It is done all the time with gun laws in Chicago, why shouldn’t it be done for Appalachia?

Because the thread was started as a partisan attack thread?
The OP poses a perfectly valid question. Yes the poster has a political bias, but the appropriate response would be to explain why GOP policies did not contribute to poverty in Appalachia. Ya know make an intelligent counter argument to his point. Why don’t you just do that?

You don't make sense, it was democrat rule who made poverty there, it's Republican rule that's making it a success story..

Show us your analysis.

The OP poses a perfectly valid question. Yes the poster has a political bias, but the appropriate response would be to explain why GOP policies did not contribute to poverty in Appalachia. Ya know make an intelligent counter argument to his point. Why don’t you just do that?

You don't make sense, it was democrat rule who made poverty there, it's Republican rule that's making it a success story..
Excellent, finally an on topic counter argument. Now explain how and why

Show us your analysis.

The Confederates there used to call themselves Democrats before 1964, after 1964 the Confederates called themselves Republican. But they are still Confederates.

Chicago is Barry Hussein Sotoro Obama's adopted home town. He and his partner, domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, administered an endowment fund that was dedicated to improving the education system in Chicago (how did that work out?). Unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers is still a mover and shaker in Chicago politics and the democrat who coined the phrase "never let a crisis go to waste" Rahm Emanuel is mayor and living in a freaking crisis.
Dylann Roof sentenced to death for killing 9 black church members in South Carolina

Isn't Dylann Roof one of your people? He totally represents the GOP. He's a hero in the Republican Party. Right?

Try reading this Rdean... and stop you incoherent ramblings about the GOP.

Readings - Why Poverty Persists In Appalachia | Country Boys | FRONTLINE | PBS

Rderp will post another thread , from Wrigley Ville it's obvious the tard never been anywhere ..

He didn't even know about the cookie factory on division street

Demolition Begins on Former Art Deco Salerno Cookie Factory

An Art Deco-era factory that has long anchored a stretch of Division Street in Humboldt Park is currently being demolished. According to preservationists, the building that spans from 4422 to 4500 West Division Street was listed on the city's 90 day demolition delay list, but was released before that period had been reached. The sprawling factory was once home to the Salerno Butter Cookie company, and similar to the old Wrigley Gum Factory and the Brach Candy Factory which have also been demolished in the last couple of years, helped make Chicago the "Candy Capital of the World." In a joint statement, Preservation Chicago's Ward Miller and Andrew Schneider reveal that preservationists were not made aware of the situation until it was too late.
4500 on West Division????

You know how far away that is?

Show us your analysis.

Perfectly fine with challenging him to back up his claims, just wish people would be more direct with it instead of dodging the substance with petty partisan attacks that add nothing to the conversation. I don’t know much about Appalachia so I’m curious to dig in which is why I’m reading this thread

I have been every where in this country, like I said I know Chicago and the burbs like the back of my hand , lived in the upstate of south Carolina for 14 years my second wife was from spruce pines North Carolina, the OP just wants to deflect..

He is deflecting from his high tax runaway hell hole of Chicago ..he is ignoring the teacher unions , he is ignoring a guy making 400 grand a year running a school

He has never been anywhere except to mount prospect llinois where the book left behind started.. I have a great memory..

Left Behind (novel) - Wikipedia

41APAiiOZjL._SL500_.jpg

Show us your analysis.

We know why Republican policies are the cause of poverty.

It's the anti education. That's a huge part.

Another part is the racism. People don't like to invest in Confederate communities.

Rderp will post another thread , from Wrigley Ville it's obvious the tard never been anywhere ..
Actually, I was born in Missouri, grew up in California. Spent two and a half year in Germany in the military.
Lived in and visited California, Virginia, North Carolina, Louisiana, Utah, Oregon and settled in Chicago.
I love Chicago the best.

not this again.....slow day dean?....

He is deflecting from his high tax runaway hell hole of Chicago ..he is ignoring the teacher unions , he is ignoring a guy making 400 grand a year running a school

He has never been anywhere except to mount prospect llinois where the book left behind started.. I have a great memory..

Left Behind (novel) - Wikipedia

View attachment 202691
Teachers' strikes: meet the leaders of the movement marching across America

Teacher retention in Appalachian schools: Evidence from Kentucky - ScienceDirect

The Teachers’ Strike — Only The Last in a Long History of Labor Organizing in the Mountain State

Do they even want to pay teachers in Appalachia.

Oops.

Add to this that the opiode crisis is extreme in red states and Appalachia. These people consistently vote against their own best interests. Republicans yell 'big city libruls' and these people have a Pavlovian response, as in their minds Democrats don't care about them. Yet the idiots they do vote for never help them. Ever. And they never learn.

Republicans rely on mass ignorance as their voting base.

Must work.

We are appointing the judge.

No you.

Suck on it.

Republicans rely on mass ignorance as their voting base. Welcome to your life.
how come those ignorant fucks beat out all those geniuses in your party?....what happened issac?....

An Art Deco-era factory that has long anchored a stretch of Division Street in Humboldt Park is currently being demolished. According to preservationists, the building that spans from 4422 to 4500 West Division Street was listed on the city's 90 day demolition delay list, but was released before that period had been reached. The sprawling factory was once home to the Salerno Butter Cookie company, and similar to the old Wrigley Gum Factory and the Brach Candy Factory which have also been demolished in the last couple of years, helped make Chicago the "Candy Capital of the World." In a joint statement, Preservation Chicago's Ward Miller and Andrew Schneider reveal that preservationists were not made aware of the situation until it was too late.

So once again you are telling us you never drove a car? See I experienced more things in life then you never had. I worked on division street for like 6 months all the way from wheeling Illinois, it was like a war zone..when we had that one blizzard it took me 6 hours to get to work driving a Ford mustang..

The damn hardware store had bullet proof glass, so did KFC..

We had to lock up the ladder to the building to go up to the roof , otherwise blacks would steal it

I remember that winter , I got bored hoped on the snow blower and was cleaning everyone's side walk even behind my company in the residential area..

I remember driving to work on Halloween kids before had great costumes, kids on division street were wearing garbage bags..

Like I said rderp you don't know crap about the country even where you live..i do.

not this again.....slow day dean?....
Republicans on the USMB constantly attack Democrats.

It's important to get the truth out there. Let everyone see what disasters they are and how damaging their policies are.

If they can't help their own people, how can they be expected to help anyone?

Besides, aren't most of the businesses that have moved to the Appalachia area foreign?

So once again you are telling us you never drove a car? See I experienced more things in life then you never had. I worked on division street for like 6 months all the way from wheeling Illinois, it was like a war zone..when we had that one blizzard it took me 6 hours to get to work driving a Ford mustang..

We had to lock up the ladder to the building to go up to the roof , otherwise blacks would steal it

I remember that winter , I got bored hoped on the snow blower and was cleaning everyone's side walk even behind my company in the residential area..

I remember driving to work on Halloween kids before had great costumes, kids on division street were wearing garbage bags..

Like I said rderp you don't know crap about the country even where you live..i do.
I never drove a car? Then why do I send out $300.17 every month?

You're weird. The way you flitter and twitter from one non connected talking point to another.

Do you make these up or are there "voices" giving you directions?
Do they tell you to do, uh, ............."things"?

I remember going to this bar after work on division street, I called my buddy for cocaine..i started looking at this girl, and her boyfriend almost picked a fight with me.

I am like hey dude just drinking a beer, waiting around for a shipment, the big ass Mexican is like ...i got it..

So I ended up getting an ounce of pure cocaine for $50 bucks

Forum List

Back