If the God of the Bible revealed Himself, would you change?

No, but I can't imagine how the God of the Bible would reveal himself? According to the scriptures they did not believe Jesus the Christ was the son of God.

If so, how?

God reveals himself to those who are doing what is right.

there is no need to change unless you have been praying to statues, eating Jesus, or avoiding bacon, etc. for decades without God revealing himself to you...not a word, dream, vision, revelation, or peep.

Then you should probably change, or at the very least try another approach before time runs out and the music is over and you find no place waiting for you, no chair to sit on......

If so, how?

there is no need to change unless you have been praying to statues, eating Jesus, or avoiding bacon, etc. for decades without God revealing himself to you...not a word, dream, vision, revelation, or peep.

Then you should probably change, or at the very least try another approach before time runs out and the music is over and you find no place to sit......

I mean reveal himself in a manner to which someone wishes him to reveal himself.
To those, maybe, that require something more tangible and provable.

I think we would think he was an alien and try to destroy him.

Probably not. Unless he could explain how the bible got him wrong and he isnt ACTUALLY a totalitarian, selfish, genocidal maniac.

Probably not. Unless he could explain how the bible got him wrong and he isnt ACTUALLY a totalitarian, selfish, genocidal maniac.

Well, if you believe in a being that has a mind infinitely more powerful than ours, it would be hard for you to be convinced or understand.

Well, if you believe in a being that has a mind infinitely more powerful than ours, it would be hard for you to be convinced or understand.
IDK maybe. In this fantasy, i can believe whatever i want :p

Why dont miracles happen anymore? Why did they only happen when people were extremely ignorant?
Food for thought

Well, like I say, people don't like their comfort zone interrupted. To each their own.
I'm a bit more adventurous! :p

Why dont miracles happen anymore? Why did they only happen when people were extremely ignorant?
Food for thought

Oh they do, I'm sure there are many here that would be willing to share.
You know there are healings that occur that Drs. can't explain.
Even in the Bible, they attribute healings to FAITH, not magic. So, even then, they say it's the power that is within ourselves....

I'd love to sit down and have a beer with Jesus

He seems like a cool guy

Food for thought

Even in the Bible, they attribute healings to FAITH, not magic. So, even then, they say it's the power that is within ourselves....
I mean stuff like getting judged(fire and brimstone for example), parting the seas, talking snakes and miracles like jesus did.

Well, like I say, people don't like their comfort zone interrupted. To each their own.
You arent that adventurous. you shot down my post rather quickly lol

If so, how?

Then you should probably change, or at the very least try another approach before time runs out and the music is over and you find no place to sit......

I mean reveal himself in a manner to which someone wishes him to reveal himself.
To those, maybe, that require something more tangible and provable.

I know.

Things don't work that way.

If anyone has passed the age of thirty and hasn't found any evidence to support a belief in God they would have to change first before God could appear to them.

Its like going back to the drawing board after 20, 30, 60 years of seeking God without an answer or after wasting their lives waiting for God to prove himself to someone who doesn't even have the intelligence to question where to look..

How is God going to appear to anyone whose mind is overflowing with crap?

It would be like you trying to communicate with a person in a coma.

You have to change and clean house first before God will ever come for a visit just like a person has to come out of their coma before you could communicate with them.

Food for thought

I mean stuff like getting judged(fire and brimstone for example), parting the seas, talking snakes and miracles like jesus did.

Maybe it's because we ARE smarter that he feels he should not have to make obvious displays?
I'm not saying it's one or the other, only that, don't close your mind to possibilities.
Perhaps that was necessary "before Christ", but now, not so much.

You arent that adventurous. you shot down my post rather quickly lol

It was a rebuttal. And a fishing comment...

Food for thought

Maybe it's because we ARE smarter that he feels he should not have to make obvious displays?
I'm not saying it's one or the other, only that, don't close your mind to possibilities.
Perhaps that was necessary "before Christ", but now, not so much.
Considering the christian rhetoric, times are worse now. The "prophecies" are being fulfilled. Wouldnt NOW be the BEST time?

Forum List

Back