If the God of the Bible revealed Himself, would you change?

If so, how?

God reveals himself to those who are doing what is right.

there is no need to change unless you have been praying to statues, eating Jesus, or avoiding bacon, etc. for decades without God revealing himself to you...not a word, dream, vision, revelation, or peep.

Then you should probably change, or at the very least try another approach before time runs out and the music is over and you find no place to sit......

I mean reveal himself in a manner to which someone wishes him to reveal himself.
To those, maybe, that require something more tangible and provable.

I know.

Things don't work that way.

If anyone has passed the age of thirty and hasn't found any evidence to support a belief in God they would have to change first before God could appear to them.

Its like going back to the drawing board after 20, 30, 60 years of seeking God without an answer or after wasting their lives waiting for God to prove himself to someone who doesn't even have the intelligence to question where to look..

How is God going to appear to anyone whose mind is overflowing with crap?

It would be like you trying to communicate with a person in a coma.

You have to change and clean house first before God will ever come for a visit just like a person has to come out of their coma before you could communicate with them.

Some people want God to stand before them like a human being. But like you say, even then, they would think him an imposter.

It would be interesting to hear specifically what KIND of proof was needed for someone to believe in God that does not.

Why dont miracles happen anymore? Why did they only happen when people were extremely ignorant?
Food for thought

Oh they do, I'm sure there are many here that would be willing to share.
You know there are healings that occur that Drs. can't explain.
Even in the Bible, they attribute healings to FAITH, not magic. So, even then, they say it's the power that is within ourselves....
I mean stuff like getting judged(fire and brimstone for example), parting the seas, talking snakes and miracles like jesus did.

Maybe it's because we ARE smarter that he feels he should not have to make obvious displays?
I'm not saying it's one or the other, only that, don't close your mind to possibilities.
Perhaps that was necessary "before Christ", but now, not so much.
Considering the christian rhetoric, times are worse now. The "prophecies" are being fulfilled. Wouldnt NOW be the BEST time?

Do YOU think times are worse now? I actually heard someone way we are in the BEST times now. Guess it depends on where you live.... ? I'm not big on "the end times is near" stuff, I'm sure Christians thought that during WWII...

If so, how?

there is no need to change unless you have been praying to statues, eating Jesus, or avoiding bacon, etc. for decades without God revealing himself to you...not a word, dream, vision, revelation, or peep.

Then you should probably change, or at the very least try another approach before time runs out and the music is over and you find no place to sit......

I mean reveal himself in a manner to which someone wishes him to reveal himself.

I know.

If anyone has passed the age of thirty and hasn't found any evidence to support a belief in God they would have to change first before God could appear to them.

Its like going back to the drawing board after 20, 30, 60 years of seeking God without an answer or after wasting their lives waiting for God to prove himself to someone who doesn't even have the intelligence to question where to look..

You have to change and clean house first before God will ever come for a visit just like a person has to come out of their coma before you could communicate with them.

Some people want God to stand before them like a human being. But like you say, even then, they would think him an imposter.

It would be interesting to hear specifically what KIND of proof was needed for someone to believe in God that does not.
According to scripture there is nothing subtle about a revelation from God to the person receiving it, even if no one else in the room can see or hear a thing.

They might question their sanity for forty days and forty nights but no one can undo the memory of what they have seen and heard with their own eyes and ears.

Why dont miracles happen anymore? Why did they only happen when people were extremely ignorant?
Food for thought

Even in the Bible, they attribute healings to FAITH, not magic. So, even then, they say it's the power that is within ourselves....
I mean stuff like getting judged(fire and brimstone for example), parting the seas, talking snakes and miracles like jesus did.

Maybe it's because we ARE smarter that he feels he should not have to make obvious displays?
I'm not saying it's one or the other, only that, don't close your mind to possibilities.
Considering the christian rhetoric, times are worse now. The "prophecies" are being fulfilled. Wouldnt NOW be the BEST time?

Do YOU think times are worse now? I actually heard someone way we are in the BEST times now. Guess it depends on where you live.... ? I'm not big on "the end times is near" stuff, I'm sure Christians thought that during WWII...
IDK. probably not. But apparently all the prophecies coming to light never happened before. Like brothers killing brothers :rolleyes:

If so, how?

I know.

According to scripture there is nothing subtle about a revelation from God to the person receiving it, even if no one else in the room can see or hear a thing.

So, what makes Him reveal himself to some, and not others?

IDK. probably not. But apparently all the prophecies coming to light never happened before. Like brothers killing brothers :rolleyes:

Yeah, that has been going on for a long time. Mostly people refer to the "signs" as increased earthquakes, storms, seasons being different etc.

Yeah, that has been going on for a long time. Mostly people refer to the "signs" as increased earthquakes, storms, seasons being different etc.
Ahh yes. More things that never happened before lol...

If so, how?

You mean like this?

Oh+God+poster.jpg

If Jesus were to come again....we would probably find an excuse to execute him again

I know.

So, what makes Him reveal himself to some, and not others?

The hard truth is that in spite of decades on their knees, lighting candles, chanting prayers, eating or abstaining from certain food, giving everything to charity , whatever, they remain offensive to God.

God who is holy will never visit the person whose house is overflowing with trash, infested with vermin, and reeks of corruption.

Hence the Law which teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, good and evil, etc., so that may become holy as God is holy and earn the right to enter the kingdom of heaven, a higher sphere of intelligent life, where God is, ..

Last edited:
If so, how?

I know.

She said the God of the Bible, she didn't say God.

If so, how?

I know.

Jesus read about the God of the Bible in the OT and somehow walked away with a belief that God is like a loving and benevolent father.

If you read the OT and came to some other conclusion, that God was like a puerile and capricious petty tyrant, for instance, you probably missed something....

Reality and knowing human behavior suggests that:
Using the Christian precept of a man-god
people would:
1) realize an Alien can create or watch over them, but not create themselves nor all creation thus have no rights over them and thus would not be submitted to. (Penelope called that one)
2) being all knowing would be seen as a know it all thus cause human egos to conflict with the message or direction thus disobey, rebel, or act like Hobelim. :p
3)being omnipresent and complete might even cause feelings of inadequacies and once again the frail human ego rejecting the direction like a man asking for directions in front of his wife.

Using the Judaic Precept of God as an Essence:
(*note: God is not a man so the mediator lesser god reflecting that nature explained as God would have to appear as their God, but not God the creator of creation)
1)They Would realize the man reflecting that Essence mediating from the future or another planetary system is still just a shmo like them, therefore not as impressive as imagined in their not knowing
"how things are".
2)If the spokesman wore a hat and they expected a Yalmukah, or wore a white suit instead of Black Hassidim suit then impressions reflect on their reaction, trust, adherances.
3)he came in a name not familiar=forgetaboutit!

If using the precept of Hindus:
1) if he came with 2-4 arms instead of 8 no deal.

Using the precepts of Muslims
1)if God speaks Yiddish all bets are off.

Last edited:
Reality and knowing human behavior suggests that:
Using the Christian precept of a man-god
people would:
1) realize an Alien can create or watch over them, but not create themselves nor all creation thus have no rights over them and thus would not be submitted to. (Penelope called that one)
2) being all knowing would be seen as a know it all thus cause human egos to conflict with the message or direction thus disobey, rebel, or act like Hobelim. :p
3)being omnipresent and complete might even cause feelings of inadequacies and once again the frail human ego rejecting the direction like a man asking for directions in front of his wife.

Using the Judaic Precept of God as an Essence:
1)Would realize the man reflecting that Essence mediating from the future or another planetary system is still just a shmo like them, therefore not as impressive as imagined in their not knowing
"how things are".
2)If the man wore a hat and they expected a Yalmukah, or wore a white suit instead of Black Hassidim suit then impressions reflect on their reaction, trust, adherances.
3)he came in a name not familiar=forgetaboutit!

If using the precept of Hindus:
1) if he came with 2-4 arms instead of 8 no deal.

Using the precepts of Muslims
1)if God speaks Yiddish all bets are off.
Always good to hear from Beelzebub now and then.

If so, how?
God reveals Himself every day to everyone. Some just choose to walk thru life ignoring Him.
God can never be seen by the person going through life at the level of a douchebag. They would think they they were too smart to be taken in by religious gobbledygook.

They wouldn't even know it if God smacked them upside the head and sent them straight to hell where there is no God.

Some might perceive that as a mystical religious experience and they would be right.

Its just not a very good one

If so, how?

I know.

Jesus read about the God of the Bible in the OT and somehow walked away with a belief that God is like a loving and benevolent father.

If you read the OT and came to some other conclusion, that God was like a puerile and capricious petty tyrant, for instance, you probably missed something....

Hmmm. . . so wise are you that you believe you know what Jesus did and didn't do?

From my anthropological and historical research, the man known as Jesus was exposed to much more than just the OT.

The Christ came here to teach about the many many facets of God, not just what we read about from the OT. His family lived on the trade routs of the silk road which ended in Egypt while he was growing up, and they had connections to what we now know as the kings of the east.

Although in our tradition we only refer to the courts of Balthasar of Arabia, most probably connected to Zoroastrianism, the court of Gaspar of India from the Hindu tradition, and Melchior king of Persia, again, probably a Zoroaster. There were many more kings that were aware of the Christ that came to offer his family teachings in Egypt.

The incarnations of God are so much larger than any one single religion, and that is what he was here to tell us. The mechanizations of Constantine has since buried his message.

So little you know.

Forum List

Back