What is Heaven like?

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
When you imagine Heaven, what do you see in your mind's eye? Is it like a white soundstage with mist and robed and harp playing people? Is it a lush garden with trees, birds and bubbling brooks? Is it earthlike or a serene state of mind?

When you imagine Heaven, what do you see in your mind's eye? Is it like a white soundstage with mist and robed and harp playing people? Is it a lush garden with trees, birds and bubbling brooks? Is it earthlike or a serene state of mind?

This life is the shadow; the next life is the sunlight.

A place where you can sin all you want and live in debauchery.

Either that or somewhere really boring.

Wood and dirt. And hopefully a joint left in my pocket by my wife. Thats all i see

Govinda.jpg

So, to some, Heaven is a place where all the earthly pleasures that are thought of as sinful are not just permitted, but encouraged. Does that mean we should know what is sinful and avoid it while alive so that those activities can be indulged during an afterlife?

So, to some, Heaven is a place where all the earthly pleasures that are thought of as sinful are not just permitted, but encouraged. Does that mean we should know what is sinful and avoid it while alive so that those activities can be indulged during an afterlife?
Only if that’s what it is. If heaven is a place where you just continue your boring earthly existence, avoiding fun because God says so, then hell no.

Is Heaven a place of eternal perfection? Would that become boring?

If I was a great musical composer during my lifetime and entered Heaven, would every other denizen of a place of eternal perfection also be endowed with the gifts I enjoyed on earth? Wouldn't that kind of wipe away my earthly accomplishments?

Forum List

Back