If the God of the Bible revealed Himself, would you change?

I mean reveal himself in a manner to which someone wishes him to reveal himself.
To those, maybe, that require something more tangible and provable.

I know.

Things don't work that way.

If anyone has passed the age of thirty and hasn't found any evidence to support a belief in God they would have to change first before God could appear to them.

Its like going back to the drawing board after 20, 30, 60 years of seeking God without an answer or after wasting their lives waiting for God to prove himself to someone who doesn't even have the intelligence to question where to look..

How is God going to appear to anyone whose mind is overflowing with crap?

It would be like you trying to communicate with a person in a coma.

You have to change and clean house first before God will ever come for a visit just like a person has to come out of their coma before you could communicate with them.

Some people want God to stand before them like a human being. But like you say, even then, they would think him an imposter.

It would be interesting to hear specifically what KIND of proof was needed for someone to believe in God that does not.
According to scripture there is nothing subtle about a revelation from God to the person receiving it, even if no one else in the room can see or hear a thing.

So, what makes Him reveal himself to some, and not others?

The hard truth is that in spite of decades on their knees, lighting candles, chanting prayers, eating or abstaining from certain food, giving everything to charity , whatever, they remain offensive to God.

God who is holy will never visit the person whose house is overflowing with trash, infested with vermin, and reeks of corruption.

Hence the Law which teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, good and evil, etc., so that may become holy as God is holy and earn the right to enter the kingdom of heaven, a higher sphere of intelligent life, where God is, ..
Does this mean I have to bath "everyday"?

If so, how?

Even a revelation of God can't change who an individual is. Kind of humbling to understand and face this reality. However, such a revelation may result in bringing out more often the best that is within.

God reveals himself to those who are doing what is right.

there is no need to change unless you have been praying to statues, eating Jesus, or avoiding bacon, etc. for decades without God revealing himself to you...not a word, dream, vision, revelation, or peep.

Then you should probably change, or at the very least try another approach before time runs out and the music is over and you find no place to sit......

I mean reveal himself in a manner to which someone wishes him to reveal himself.
To those, maybe, that require something more tangible and provable.

I know.

If anyone has passed the age of thirty and hasn't found any evidence to support a belief in God they would have to change first before God could appear to them.

Its like going back to the drawing board after 20, 30, 60 years of seeking God without an answer or after wasting their lives waiting for God to prove himself to someone who doesn't even have the intelligence to question where to look..

You have to change and clean house first before God will ever come for a visit just like a person has to come out of their coma before you could communicate with them.

She said the God of the Bible, she didn't say God.

Jesus read about the God of the Bible in the OT and somehow walked away with a belief that God is like a loving and benevolent father.

If you read the OT and came to some other conclusion, that God was like a puerile and capricious petty tyrant, for instance, you probably missed something....

Hmmm. . . so wise are you that you believe you know what Jesus did and didn't do?

From my anthropological and historical research, the man known as Jesus was exposed to much more than just the OT.

The Christ came here to teach about the many many facets of God, not just what we read about from the OT. His family lived on the trade routs of the silk road which ended in Egypt while he was growing up, and they had connections to what we now know as the kings of the east.

Although in our tradition we only refer to the courts of Balthasar of Arabia, most probably connected to Zoroastrianism, the court of Gaspar of India from the Hindu tradition, and Melchior king of Persia, again, probably a Zoroaster. There were many more kings that were aware of the Christ that came to offer his family teachings in Egypt.

The incarnations of God are so much larger than any one single religion, and that is what he was here to tell us. The mechanizations of Constantine has since buried his message.

So little you know.
Thanks, but I've heard all of that before..

The way I see it, the missing years were summed up by the scripture that says that Jesus was

"tempted by the devil in the wilderness while living among the wild beasts."

In the context of the times that meant that Jesus spent those missing 18 years in roman towns, probably under construction, outside the reaches of Jewish law, the wilderness, running around with the Romans, the wild beasts, presumably doing what Romans do.

It was written that way so that by the time people evolved to the point of understanding the implications of what really was going on in the life of Jesus during those missing years it would not be a cause for apostasy.

According to scripture Jesus and his family already returned from Egypt by the time he was 12 years old.

Last edited:
If God suddenly appeared, I’d do whatever the hell he wanted

Remember Jonah? After his revelation he jumped on a ship and got the hell out of Dodge. :)

More seriously, if you don't want to do something before God asks it of you, God's asking is not going to magically change your mind. Doesn't mean you wouldn't change your mind, just saying free will doesn't go out the window even when God asks.

If God suddenly appeared, I’d do whatever the hell he wanted

Remember Jonah? After his revelation he jumped on a ship and got the hell out of Dodge. :)

More seriously, if you don't want to do something before God asks it of you, God's asking is not going to magically change your mind. Doesn't mean you wouldn't change your mind, just saying free will doesn't go out the window even when God asks.
Psh fuck yeah it does. If a giant cloud man appeared and demanded that I give him all my stuff, I’m handing it right on over.

I know.

Some people want God to stand before them like a human being. But like you say, even then, they would think him an imposter.

It would be interesting to hear specifically what KIND of proof was needed for someone to believe in God that does not.
According to scripture there is nothing subtle about a revelation from God to the person receiving it, even if no one else in the room can see or hear a thing.

So, what makes Him reveal himself to some, and not others?

The hard truth is that in spite of decades on their knees, lighting candles, chanting prayers, eating or abstaining from certain food, giving everything to charity , whatever, they remain offensive to God.

God who is holy will never visit the person whose house is overflowing with trash, infested with vermin, and reeks of corruption.

Hence the Law which teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, good and evil, etc., so that may become holy as God is holy and earn the right to enter the kingdom of heaven, a higher sphere of intelligent life, where God is, ..
Does this mean I have to bath "everyday"?

lol IDK, .Do you want any friends?

Reality and knowing human behavior suggests that:
Using the Christian precept of a man-god
people would:
1) realize an Alien can create or watch over them, but not create themselves nor all creation thus have no rights over them and thus would not be submitted to. (Penelope called that one)
2) being all knowing would be seen as a know it all thus cause human egos to conflict with the message or direction thus disobey, rebel, or act like Hobelim. :p
3)being omnipresent and complete might even cause feelings of inadequacies and once again the frail human ego rejecting the direction like a man asking for directions in front of his wife.

Using the Judaic Precept of God as an Essence:
1)Would realize the man reflecting that Essence mediating from the future or another planetary system is still just a shmo like them, therefore not as impressive as imagined in their not knowing
"how things are".
2)If the man wore a hat and they expected a Yalmukah, or wore a white suit instead of Black Hassidim suit then impressions reflect on their reaction, trust, adherances.
3)he came in a name not familiar=forgetaboutit!

If using the precept of Hindus:
1) if he came with 2-4 arms instead of 8 no deal.

Using the precepts of Muslims
1)if God speaks Yiddish all bets are off.
Always good to hear from Beelzebub now and then.

Do all Christians hate Rabbis or just you?
once again: Jesus is the one claimed
"lord of the sky or fly" which is what Beelzebub means.
Also is known to mean "Lord of the Dung" and we know they call Jesus the Scarab (dung beetle), and there is no greater BS then his compiled mythology story.
That's the least of your problems calling Michael Beelzebub. :)

Who was Beelzebub?

Why dont miracles happen anymore? Why did they only happen when people were extremely ignorant?
Food for thought

They so happen. Miracles have not ceased. Many lack the faith to obtain miracles, but those that have faith still have miracles happen.

I was miraculous healed at a time I didn't have insurance.

Forum List

Back