If same sex marriage is so great, why was Obama against it in 2008?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
If same sex marriage is so great, why was Obama against it in 2008?

He was opposed b/c it was politically expedient to do so, but I don't doubt for a second that wasn't always a supporter.

He was opposed b/c it was politically expedient to do so, but I don't doubt for a second that wasn't always a supporter.
Then you admit that Obama is a lying sack of shit.

Thanks for your honesty.

Thanks for your honesty.

You do get how politics works, right? Like comedy, timing is everything.
I guess I don't understand politics, because I think lying about what you believe is wrong.

I guess you think it's okay to lie.

Makes me wonder why we should believe anything you say.

Thanks for your honesty.

You do get how politics works, right? Like comedy, timing is everything.
I guess I don't understand politics, because I think lying about what you believe is wrong.

Do you think politicians tend to be honest people?

People can change their views. I use to have very conservative views when it came to things like abortion and gay rights. But I started putting myself in others shoes and I gained empathy for them.

When you have empathy for others you want them to have the same rights as you. Even if it goes against your religious beliefs.

Perhaps Obama had a change of heart. But also , 8 years ago a lot politicians were still afraid to say they were for gay marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The fact is, the blacks were overwhelmingly against same sex marriage in 2008, and all the extra blacks that came out to vote for Obama caused Proposition 22 to pass in California.

Obama just made a calculation that blacks were more important to him than the civil rights of gay people.

Not only is he a lying sack of shit, but he's a bigot and a homophobe too, right mdk?

Because people who oppose same-sex marriage deserve to have their careers ended and their lives destroyed, right mdk?

Like Scott Orson Card, who lost the contract to do a story in Superman comic because he opposed same-sex marriage.

Because that's what we need to do, right mdk? We need to destroy people, punish them, get revenge for all those years that gays had to be in the closet, right?

But not Obama, apparently he gets a pass.

Respond to me mdk, tell me how your enemies deserve to have their lives destroyed.

No, you don't.

You would guess wrong, but why should now be any different.

Forum List

Back