If Romney doesnt soundly defeat Obama in the debates...

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by Grampa Murked U, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,928
    His only chance to defeat him in the election will be lost. I submitted to you all that I had doubts that Romney could run a successfull campaign against Obama.
    I will not make excuses for a Romney loss but in my opinion he has run a terrible campaign. Without a sound victory in the debate he WILL lose the election.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,023
    He's already lost the election. His only hope is a miracle during the debates.

3. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,928
    Does no one else see this reality?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Sactowndog

Sactowndog Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    No because they get their news from Fox and the commentators their are spinning how it will be a Romney landslide.

5. Wolfsister77

Wolfsister77 Knowledge Is Power Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,700
    I agree with you. Romney has run a terrible campaign and he isn't a really good candidate. I didn't think Kerry was real good either to be honest but Romney is about the worst I've seen.

A good politician would of made a better VP choice to appeal to a wider range of voters and would of done a better job with their Convention. Those were 2 areas he could of shown his decision making ability and introduced himself properly to voters. He failed at both. His foreign trip was a good chance to show he can handle foreign policy and he pretty much blew it.

So yeah, he can help himself in the debates I'll agree if he does a really good job and Obama does a really bad or mediocre job.

But, most people have made up their minds and if you look at the electoral map and the polls and how many are truly undecided, there isn't much time left for Romney to turn this around.

And just as a side note, in my opinion, if Huntsman would of been the nominee, Obama would be in real trouble.

Because, the economy is not doing well as we all know so Obama was very vulnerable. Romney pretty much blew it and if anybody was being truly honest with themselves, they'd think so too.

6. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    been knowing that since the beginning. Why to the Republicans line up their candidates ahead of time. McCain ran how many times before they caved and gave him the nomination? He lost all those races and they still let him run. Now we are on to Romney, he lost to McCain last presidential election, did they promise him a shot this time? When Romney looses who will they run next time? Chances are we have already seen them as they have probably lost one of the last three nominations.

7. Inthemiddle

Inthemiddle BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +674
    I agree completely, though I will go a step farther: Romney is incapable of soundly defeating Obama in the debates for the same reasons that have turned into his horrible campaign.

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    honest assessment.

but the debates aside, if romney can't run his campaign, what makes you can think he is ready to run a country?

i was kind of hoping for a better GOP candidate in him. but even his handling of things that should have been slam dunks... like a trip to the UK ... were disasters for him.

9. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73

Fox News? Really? That's if you want to believe any poll.

Electoral College Prediction Model Points To A Mitt Romney Win In 2012

Two University of Colorado professors, one from Boulder and one from Denver, have put together an Electoral College forecast model to predict who will win the 2012 presidential election and the result is bad news for Barack Obama. The model points to a Mitt Romney victory in 2012.

Ken Bickers from CU-Boulder and Michael Berry from CU-Denver, the two political science professors who devised the prediction model, say that it has correctly forecast every winner of the electoral race since 1980 .

10. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    I personally think that the fact that he's doing as well as he is in the face of the MSM's full blown assault in their effort to continue humping the Obama leg, is a good sign. I mean seriously.. our embassies were over run.. ambassador dead and the press literally fixated on the fact that they THOUGHT Romney defended America too quickly. That was the headline on September 15.