If Romney doesnt soundly defeat Obama in the debates...

I would be curious to know just WHAT Romney has done, and not done, during his campaign that would lead to your opinion.

When you give John Kerry to criticize you for "being for it before you were against it," you've run a bad campaign.

I'm going to repeat this-with the economy as bad as it is Obama should be behind. He's vulnerable.

Most polls show him ahead nationally and in the swing states and his approval rating is going up.

Anyone that can't see the mistakes Romney has made in his campaign-no matter what your political preference, has your head in the sand.

And they did research on the very few left who are undecided and a lot of them are likely not to vote but even if they all went for Romney-he wouldn't win.

People have their minds made up, but I will agree that the debates could change things if Romney does exceptionally well.

It is the last chance he's got unless something major happens.

And Romney was wrong, at a time of a national tragedy when we should try to be unified, to immediately blame Obama for the killings and bombings in the middle east, the 47% comment was basically calling a lot of Seniors and Vets and many Republicans lazy freeloaders and it hurt him, his convention and foreign trip were badly handled, and really he's a bad candidate for President.

He may be a fine person otherwise, but he's not fit to be President and he's proven it time and time again.

Regardless of what Romney ment by his comment about the 47% it sounds bad. It will be interpreted in a negative fashion by everyone except his most ardent supporters.

Let me put it this way. That comment could have been an insult to me in my early life. It's an insult to seniors. It's an insult to those who for the first time in their life are getting govt aid because the can't find another job. This country is not comprised of 47% democrats so I'm not falling for the excuse.

I do believe Romney can help the 47% better their lives but this was a big blunder.

No because they get their news from Fox and the commentators their are spinning how it will be a Romney landslide.

Fox News? Really? That's if you want to believe any poll.

Electoral College Prediction Model Points To A Mintt Romney Win In 2012

Two University of Colorado professors, one from Boulder and one from Denver, have put together an Electoral College forecast model to predict who will win the 2012 presidential election and the result is bad news for Barack Obama. The model points to a Mitt Romney victory in 2012.

Ken Bickers from CU-Boulder and Michael Berry from CU-Denver, the two political science professors who devised the prediction model, say that it has correctly forecast every winner of the electoral race since 1980 .

Your just making my point. Hannity spends all his time pointing to this and the one right wing poll showing Romney ahead as to why he will win. Everything else including Fox's own polls show an Obama win

I've said it here a dozen or so times. I don't buy into the polls. I just pointed to that study to counter that it only comes from FOX News. Aside from that, I'll concern myself with the poll called Election Day.

His only chance to defeat him in the election will be lost. I submitted to you all that I had doubts that Romney could run a successfull campaign against Obama.
I will not make excuses for a Romney loss but in my opinion he has run a terrible campaign. Without a sound victory in the debate he WILL lose the election.

So... you decide to just completely cave and think like a leftist now? .... Messina: Forget The Tied National Polls, We're Winning

Lol wut?

Lacking faith in Romney makes me a leftist? Yeah..ok

Regardless of what Romney ment by his comment about the 47% it sounds bad. It will be interpreted in a negative fashion by everyone except his most ardent supporters.

Let me put it this way. That comment could have been an insult to me in my early life. It's an insult to seniors. It's an insult to those who for the first time in their life are getting govt aid because the can't find another job. This country is not comprised of 47% democrats so I'm not falling for the excuse.

I do believe Romney can help the 47% better their lives but this was a big blunder.

It was a blunder and it was a stupid thing to say. In itself, it won't cost him the election but he should have known better than to say that and think it wouldn't get out and be spun into something bigger.

His only chance to defeat him in the election will be lost. I submitted to you all that I had doubts that Romney could run a successfull campaign against Obama.
I will not make excuses for a Romney loss but in my opinion he has run a terrible campaign. Without a sound victory in the debate he WILL lose the election.

So... you decide to just completely cave and think like a leftist now? .... Messina: Forget The Tied National Polls, We're Winning

Lol wut?

You're right. All those disillusioned with Obama must be righties by that logic or as jillian would say...10,000 times.....rightwingnuts.

:D

The entire election is referendum on Obama.

It is a core values election more than most in the history of the nation.

Lol wut?

I just asked you a question. You seem to be buying into this 'obama has the election locked up' bull.

Sure there are a lot of STUPID people in America that voted for obama the first time. They bought his lies. But I give you this, obama is NOT gaining any NEW VOTERS. If anything, he is LOSING votes, and he didn't win buy much the first time. So no, he isn't going to be reelected. These polls are a bunch of libroid, lame stream, obama leg humping CRAP.

Romney will KILL the fraud boi king in the debates. It's very well known how well the kenyan does with NO TELEPROMPTER...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyW9e5QdWxk]The Obama Stutter - YouTube[/ame]

I personally think that the fact that he's doing as well as he is in the face of the MSM's full blown assault in their effort to continue humping the Obama leg, is a good sign. I mean seriously.. our embassies were over run.. ambassador dead and the press literally fixated on the fact that they THOUGHT Romney defended America too quickly. That was the headline on September 15.

Yes, the Governor deserves no blame for his lackluster campaign.

I thought the Republicans were the party of personal accountability....guess not.

The entire election is referendum on Obama.

It is a core values election more than mos tin the history of the nation.

It should have been but credit must be given to Obama's campaign strategy for turning it into a close race.

I don't believe most of the polls as they are over weighted with democrats but Romney should be well ahead at this point. Even if you remove the over sampling he isn't. He needs a good debate showing to break away imo

I don't believe most of the polls as they are over weighted with democrats but Romney should be well ahead at this point. Even if you remove the over sampling he isn't. He needs a good debate showing to break away imo

I think the nation is pretty much split on the core issue of government as provider.

Bottom line to my eye is this election is referendum on Obama.

There isn't much more in the way of disclosure or performance art to sway undecideds, which are exceedingly few in this instance.

Lol wut?

I just asked you a question. You seem to be buying into this 'obama has the election locked up' bull.

Sure there are a lot of STUPID people in America that voted for obama the first time. They bought his lies. But I give you this, obama is NOT gaining any NEW VOTERS. If anything, he is LOSING votes, and he didn't win buy much the first time. So no, he isn't going to be reelected. These polls are a bunch of libroid, lame stream, obama leg humping CRAP.

Romney will KILL the fraud boi king in the debates. It's very well known how well the kenyan does with NO TELEPROMPTER...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyW9e5QdWxk]The Obama Stutter - YouTube[/ame]

He didn't win by much? Are you serious?

honest assessment.

but the debates aside, if romney can't run his campaign, what makes you can think he is ready to run a country?

i was kind of hoping for a better GOP candidate in him. but even his handling of things that should have been slam dunks... like a trip to the UK ... were disasters for him.

again stop it Obama never shown he could run as president and that didnt stop the people. JUST STOP THAT AGRUMENT.

Romney s the best candidate Republicans had to offer. Imagine is Santorum, Gingrich or Cain were their candidate.

Romney never had more than a fleeting chance to defeat Obama. That is why most of the first string GOP candidates stayed out. Romney needed a major Obama screw up to win and it is now doubtful if he will get it.

I am curious. Let us assume (just as a point of departure) that the liberal main stream media fairly and accurately covered the campaign. I realize that they don't. But if they did, what objectively do we point to about the Romney campaign that makes it horribly run?

Has Romney made a "gaffe" comment or two? Arguably. But so has The ONE.

Has the Romney campaign been pitched softballs by the Lame Stream Media like The ONE has? Where? When? I haven't seen any evidence of that.

Has the Romney campaign been too lethargic and failed to tour the country and make mandatory campaign stops? Or have they done that (and maybe more) but simply not gotten the same kind of media coverage for the campaign that Team Obama gets?

Has the Romney campaign focused primarily on the issues that actually matter -- and if so, has the message gotten muted by selective non-coverage from the Lame Stream Liberal Media?

I suspect that the orchestrated spin from the Lame Stream Liberal Propagandist Media is "telling" the generally uninformed electorate what they should think. The media's deliberately skewed message is that the Romney campaign has been alternatively, "shocking" or "gaffe-ridden" and maybe the personification of "the evil 1%."

But thankfully, the generally disinterested electorate probably isn't paying too much attention and won't until the debates. This is why the debates pose such a problem for the incumbent. I suspect that Mr. Romney has the discipline to stay on message. And that message doesn't bode well for an incumbent with a record that should make Jimmy Carter smirk.

I agree that the make or break in this Presidential Election WILL be the debates. I don't believe for one second that it is coincidental that it is stacked with libs as "moderators." But I do believe that the incumbent is in DIRE political trouble.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
The only prediction I will make is one of them will win,That said Romny needs to do well in the debates. On the flip side so does Obamma if he wants a 2nd term.Nether has a lock,looking back Regan was polling farther behind at this point with Carter,we all know how that worked out for Carter.

I am curious. Let us assume (just as a point of departure) that the liberal main stream media fairly and accurately covered the campaign. I realize that they don't. But if they did, what objectively do we point to about the Romney campaign that makes it horribly run?

Has Romney made a "gaffe" comment or two? Arguably. But so has The ONE.

Has the Romney campaign been pitched softballs by the Lame Stream Media like The ONE has? Where? When? I haven't seen any evidence of that.

Has the Romney campaign been too lethargic and failed to tour the country and make mandatory campaign stops? Or have they done that (and maybe more) but simply not gotten the same kind of media coverage for the campaign that Team Obama gets?

Has the Romney campaign focused primarily on the issues that actually matter -- and if so, has the message gotten muted by selective non-coverage from the Lame Stream Liberal Media?

I suspect that the orchestrated spin from the Lame Stream Liberal Propagandist Media is "telling" the generally uninformed electorate what they should think. The media's deliberately skewed message is that the Romney campaign has been alternatively, "shocking" or "gaffe-ridden" and maybe the personification of "the evil 1%."

But thankfully, the generally disinterested electorate probably isn't paying too much attention and won't until the debates. This is why the debates pose such a problem for the incumbent. I suspect that Mr. Romney has the discipline to stay on message. And that message doesn't bode well for an incumbent with a record that should make Jimmy Carter smirk.

I agree that the make or break in this Presidential Election WILL be the debates. I don't believe for one second that it is coincidental that it is stacked with libs as "moderators." But I do believe that the incumbent is in DIRE political trouble.

Obama has been able to stick a collar on Romney that he is rich, out of touch and favors only the wealthy

Romney has been unable to shake that collar

Forum List

Back