If Republicans are racists and sexists then why no anti Condi Rice VP threads?

Seriously, Dems are constantly crying about how racist and sexist Republicans are. But I've yet to even see a thread saying; 'please don't let that ****** bitch be our VP candidate.' Could it be that Republicans aren't racist and sexist?

Oh, so you guys would want a pro-affirmative action VP? Or a republican VP who advocates:

Same-sex civil unions, but not marriage. (Feb 2012)
Appointed State Department's first chief diversity officer. (Nov 2011)
Supports civil unions but not gay marriage. (Dec 2010)
Urges respect & sensitivity in same-sex marriage debate. (Jun 2006)
Advocates respect for all when discussing gay marriage. (Jun 2006)
Message of her candidacy: no ceiling for blacks. (Oct 2005)
Supports college affirmative action, as beneficiary herself. (Oct 2005)
National standards rather than local school curriculum. (Feb 2012)
Started after-school program in East Palo Alto.
Strong investment in renewable energy like wind and solar. (Feb 2012)
Reducing our reliance on oil; it distorts world politics.
Listen to other countries before pursuing US interests. (Feb 2012)
Development assistance should support US objectives. (Nov 2011)
Channel Arab Spring into positive development. (Nov 2011)
Limited role for government providing healthcare insurance. (Feb 2012)
Give people freedom to access their own healthcare. (Jun 2005)
Most illegal immigrants should be able to stay in the US. (Feb 2012)
Comprehensive immigration reform, while respecting law. (May 2008)
SOURCE

I like some of those positions, but certainly not all of them. The point would be that we judge people on their thoughts and actions and we're not debasing her gender or race.

Do you think that those above positions are conservative? Do you think someone running on those positions would win the republican primary? :)

Seriously, Dems are constantly crying about how racist and sexist Republicans are. But I've yet to even see a thread saying; 'please don't let that ****** bitch be our VP candidate.' Could it be that Republicans aren't racist and sexist?

Oh, so you guys would want a pro-affirmative action VP? Or a republican VP who advocates:

SOURCE

Ideologically, I oppose most of those items.

SOURCE

I like some of those positions, but certainly not all of them. The point would be that we judge people on their thoughts and actions and we're not debasing her gender or race.
Liberals refuse to make the distinction. Their narrative is if one disagrees with the ideology or positions of a black person it is because of race.
This is lefties taking the path of least resistance. Because liberals invariably lose arguments the arena of ideas, they must resort to other issues, race being one of them, in order to find cover.

Do you not see the Big 0 as divisive? I cannot recall a single talk or speech that I have ever listened to by him when he is not blaming the troubles of one group on the activities of another group. That is divisive.

MLK always proclaimed very clearly that if you want something in your life to improve, you need to get to work and improve it.

The Big 0 always proclaims very clearly that the reason there is misery in the lives of some is that there are others who are causing that misery.

Do you see the difference?

MLK was saying that those to whom he spoke were powerful and competent. The Big 0 is telling his sheep that they are powerless and weak. MLK said that all have the power to control their own life. The Big 0 says that his sheep are controlled by others.

Can you name a racist who does not blame the target of his hatred for the ills that afflict him?

Discriminated against? In what way does this manifest itself? In what way does it keep a man of color from rising to the office of POTUS? Once there, he is free to achieve or to fail. If he is judged on the basis of his success or failure, that is not racism, but may be viewed as such by a racist.

At this point in our history, while there is still hate and race often directs that hate, the effects of discrimination are, more often than not, self inflicted.

Too much BS to take. Especially the shit regarding President Obama's speeches. You are clearly not paying attention.
You are the one not paying attention.
When Obama speaks, it is ALWAYS from a teleprompter. He cannot ad lib. The man's entire persona is scripted.
He is an egomaniac. The guy cannot go through a speech without using first person pronouns. Everything in his administration is about HIM.

The "always from a Teleprompter" line is a false nutter talking point. You have no credibility after using it. You lose.

Do you not see the Big 0 as divisive? I cannot recall a single talk or speech that I have ever listened to by him when he is not blaming the troubles of one group on the activities of another group. That is divisive.

MLK always proclaimed very clearly that if you want something in your life to improve, you need to get to work and improve it.

The Big 0 always proclaims very clearly that the reason there is misery in the lives of some is that there are others who are causing that misery.

MLK was saying that those to whom he spoke were powerful and competent. The Big 0 is telling his sheep that they are powerless and weak. MLK said that all have the power to control their own life. The Big 0 says that his sheep are controlled by others.

Can you name a racist who does not blame the target of his hatred for the ills that afflict him?

Discriminated against? In what way does this manifest itself? In what way does it keep a man of color from rising to the office of POTUS? Once there, he is free to achieve or to fail. If he is judged on the basis of his success or failure, that is not racism, but may be viewed as such by a racist.

At this point in our history, while there is still hate and race often directs that hate, the effects of discrimination are, more often than not, self inflicted.

Too much BS to take. Especially the shit regarding President Obama's speeches. You are clearly not paying attention.
When Obama speaks, it is ALWAYS from a teleprompter. He cannot ad lib. The man's entire persona is scripted.
He is an egomaniac. The guy cannot go through a speech without using first person pronouns. Everything in his administration is about HIM.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BE9_x7xTo]Obama Faces GOP On Its Talking Points - YouTube[/ame]

Mitt Romney: It makes sense to use a TelePrompter - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Complete with picture of Willard with a teleprompter.

The "always from a Teleprompter" line is a false nutter talking point. You have no credibility after using it. You lose.

.Obama is a terrible public speaker when a teleprompter is not in use.
Christ!

Mitt Romney: It makes sense to use a TelePrompter - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Apparently this teleprompter thing really hits a nerve with you people..LOL

You wish, but then it's about all you have.

You wish, but then it's about all you have.

"you wish"?..Please. This an adult conversation.
If you think poor public speaking is the only issue non libs have with Obama then you truly are sycophants.
You would vote for Obama under the worst of circumstances because you are pot committed.
This is how you libs operate. You are too arrogant to admit your mistakes so you cover yourselves by taking positions that are irrational. In other words, as far as you are concerned, Obama can do no wrong. He is the apple of your eye.
Oh, there is no throwing other people's names into this. The subject matter is OBAMA. Stay on point.

I don't think the GOP leadership is as radical as some of their coalitions.

Chaney is to the Right of Obama on gay marriage.

The Right hated the Clintons as much as they hate Obama.

Granted, the Southern Strategy (exploiting Civil Rights backlash) is what finally flipped the "Solid South", but I don't think racism is nearly as instrumental to electoral politics as it was back in the 60s and 70s.

Granted, the Southern Strategy (exploiting Civil Rights backlash) is what finally flipped the "Solid South", but I don't think racism is nearly as instrumental to electoral politics as it was back in the 60s and 70s.

That's kind of a lot of general points but okay. I would not pretend that there will never be racist Republicans. But the idea that the typical Republican lawmaker and typical Republican is doing things for racist reasons is absurd. We want people of all colors to embrace our values. Why? Because we believe in our values. We know that everybody doing what's right will make the world a better place.

Democrats on the other hand; they have to rely on us vs. them politics. They will always be making claims of racism b/c without it they can't count on the people they hold down to continue supporting them.

That's kind of a lot of general points but okay. I would not pretend that there will never be racist Republicans. But the idea that the typical Republican lawmaker and typical Republican is doing things for racist reasons is absurd. We want people of all colors to embrace our values. Why? Because we believe in our values. We know that everybody doing what's right will make the world a better place.

Democrats on the other hand; they have to rely on us vs. them politics. They will always be making claims of racism b/c without it they can't count on the people they hold down to continue supporting them.

Republicans only demand to see the birth certificates of black Presidents....I'm sure thats a coincidence.

Republicans only demand to see the birth certificates of black Presidents....I'm sure thats a coincidence.

Yeah just like we never attack other presidents (Bill Clinton MIGHT disagree with you), plus I like to consider Obama half white, why do you only see one color with this president?

And we saw John McCains, he had his ready, and just on the birth certificate issue alone, McCain was faster and more efficient, we might have been out of this crappy economy by now.

Yeah just like we never attack other presidents (Bill Clinton MIGHT disagree with you), plus I like to consider Obama half white, why do you only see one color with this president?
He's a black man. Just ask him. Why do they see any color at all? Or did they do the same thing to Bush and I just missed it?

And we saw John McCains, he had his ready, and just on the birth certificate issue alone, McCain was faster and more efficient, we might have been out of this crappy economy by now.

Maybe. We'd still be in Iraq though; that much is sure.

You conveniently ignore that Obama is the only president who has created this type of doubt. You are being disingenuous.

He's a black man. Just ask him. Why do they see any color at all? Or did they do the same thing to Bush and I just missed it?

Maybe. We'd still be in Iraq though; that much is sure.

Yeah I saw half of his white side too. I dont care about his color, I just love to mock idiots like you that always bring up that he's black. So the questions is WHY did you bring up the fact he's black? I didnt. I dont like any democrats, I love Alan West and Clarence Thomas though. I'd give them a sloppy wet kiss if I could.

You conveniently ignore that Obama is the only president who has created this type of doubt. You are being disingenuous.

How did he create it? What did he personally do or say that "created" it?

And btw, what kind of logic is that? A president has never had his birth certificate questioned so you can't question Obama's or you're a racist. That's just mental.

And btw, what kind of logic is that? A president has never had his birth certificate questioned so you can't question Obama's or you're a racist. That's just mental.

Just a coincidence that the FIRST time it happens is when we have the FIRST black President. That's not "mental" anymore than it's a coincidence.

Forum List

Back