If Republicans are racists and sexists then why no anti Condi Rice VP threads?

There are sexist and racist in any political group it's the fools who try and portray the entire that way because of a few that is really sad and pathetic and really shows who the true racist and sexist people are.

Yea but its a now Dem/lib talking point that GOP/Conservatives are racists. That's a substantial claim. And if it were indeed to true then I think there would be constant obvious manifestations. And frankly I've yet to come across a series of conservatives who have argued against Rice at all; let alone on the basis of gender and race.

Liberals, especially Black Liberals, are absolutely possessed by racism and cannot understand anything except as it relates to race. That is true and absolute racism.

Racism is an interesting negativism that poisons life. Compare the positive and soaring inspiration of MLK to the negative divisiveness of the Big 0 and you will immediately understand how racism deletes humanity.

It makes no difference if it is the Whites hating the Blacks, the Blacks hating the Whites, Arabs and Jews, the Nazis and everybody or any groups you care to compare.

A racist blames his real shortcomings on the imagined restrictions of another.

A sad and crippling crutch for a miserable failed life.

I have to ask. Are you even sure about what it is you are trying to say?

What?

The " negative divisiveness" of " the Big O" is a figment of your imagination and an indication that you are intimidated by having an inspirational black man who actually has some authority.

You see a reaction to being discriminated against as the definition of racism.

Ridiculous take.

Rice Would be a Great choice except for her Connect to Bush. She is a Brilliant Person. Her IQ Dwarfs Obama"s and Romney's. Knows like 7 languages.

Then of course there is the Obvious benefits of Being Part Black, Part Hispanic, and a woman. When it comes to helping Romney with Groups he needs help with.

Just don't know if he should risk the Bush Baggage. Then Again, The democrats Are going to try and Saddle him with Bush Baggage anyways so why the hell not.

Maybe Romney will get sick and be declared unable to serve and she would be President. Would be a vast Improvement over Romney. lol

I think conservatives have sort of brought Rice's "brilliance" to mythological proportions much in the same way that the media/libs did that for Obama.

I do think she is pragmatic, reasonably intelligent, fairly humble, likeable, and connected to reality. I personally have a few preferences ahead of her. But for the reasons I stated, I would not be disappointed if she got the nod.

As I already stated, as far as just concerning the campaign cycle goes, I would freaking love it if she got the nod. She's black and a woman and the Obama would have a hell of a time trying to play the out of touch greedy misogynistic white guy card that he's so desperately trying to play at every turn.

Frankly, I think a Romney/Rice ticket could present challenges that perhaps Obama could not overcome.

99.9% of the Black Vote will go to Obama. There is not even a reason for Romney to try to get any Black votes.

This will be an interesting election in the sense of who votes for whom because the state of the economy for Blacks is so much worse than it is for Whites and this is just about exclusively the result of the failed Obama policies.

That notwithstanding, 99.9% of the Black vote will go to Obama.

If 99.9% of the White vote went to Romney, would that be racist?

this is just about exclusively the result of the failed Obama policies.

No. That is not the case. What is in your water that makes you conveniently disregard history in that way?

I'm not going to spend much time on you either way, but how about at least faking the honesty.

Seriously, Dems are constantly crying about how racist and sexist Republicans are. But I've yet to even see a thread saying; 'please don't let that ****** bitch be our VP candidate.' Could it be that Republicans aren't racist and sexist?

down_syndrome_boy_thinking_crop_257x257.jpg

Seriously, Dems are constantly crying about how racist and sexist Republicans are. But I've yet to even see a thread saying; 'please don't let that ****** bitch be our VP candidate.' Could it be that Republicans aren't racist and sexist?

I think your reasoning is flawed.

YOu guys hate Obama so much that you are willing to tolerate a koolaid drinking cultist in there...

Condi Rice isn't going to be the running mate because she knows that unlike Bush, (who for his flaws was a decent guy), Romney just doesn't have her interests at heart.

You didn't treat President Bush like he was a decent guy. so, cry us a fucking river whydonchya?

Yea but its a now Dem/lib talking point that GOP/Conservatives are racists. That's a substantial claim. And if it were indeed to true then I think there would be constant obvious manifestations. And frankly I've yet to come across a series of conservatives who have argued against Rice at all; let alone on the basis of gender and race.

The thing is the claim is not true everyone knows this I suspect the liberals making the claim know it but when you have nothing else to promote or bring to the table that's what you fall back on these claims have the same chance of being politically relevant as the Jersey Shore does of being considered great television.

Mmm. I think you're totally underestimating the saturation of these racist claims. I think even moderate democrats have at least somewhat bought into the claims that Republicans are racist.

If it were not so, they'd be getting pissed off and threatening to crossover to the other side or at least stop voting for them.

Dem politicians are getting away with their outrageous claims b/c of the state of the party. It is infected at its core.
Anything is possible the thing is the racist claim is made so much by the left now people just tune them out it will resonate with the hardcore left who would never vote Republican anyway but I don't think it has any real impact on moderates and independents they see it for what it is politically motivated B.S.

YOu guys hate Obama so much that you are willing to tolerate a koolaid drinking cultist in there...

Condi Rice isn't going to be the running mate because she knows that unlike Bush, (who for his flaws was a decent guy), Romney just doesn't have her interests at heart.

It doesn't matter. Romney isn't picking a VP based on her interests.

Joe: How are you going to lecture me on flawed logic (giving no rationale btw) and then use no logic of your own. Seriously, people that lecture on logic and then act so illogical; that's about the biggest nit wit thing you can do.

What are her interests?

Not being Mitt Romney's token. Retaining her credibility.

When Bush hired her, it was on the basis of her ability and his personal respect for her.

Romney would be hiring her for no other reason that he's running against a historic figure, he's not resonating with minorities, and he needs a "token" on the ticket to give himself credibility he hasn't had.

Which is Ironic. Romney's never been a fighter for civil rights. His father was, but Mitt has learned his dad's lesson about who his audience is.

And it's really not in Dr. Rice's interest to be Romney's "Beard" on racial justice issues.

You didn't treat President Bush like he was a decent guy. so, cry us a fucking river whydonchya?

Actually, I voted for Bush twice and defended him long after other people stopped. I've even defended him here, for those of you who have short memories.

In fact, you'd have a hard time finding many posts here were I criticize Bush or any other Republican who isn't Mitt Romney.

Actually, I voted for Bush twice and defended him long after other people stopped. I've even defended him here, for those of you who have short memories.

In fact, you'd have a hard time finding many posts here were I criticize Bush or any other Republican who isn't Mitt Romney.

Liar.and a bigot.

Liar.and a bigot.

Well, please find the posts where I criticize Bush all that much. There's 15K of them or so, shouldn't be hard for you to find one.

Rice is a neo-con, and thus unacceptable, before we even get to her time as NSA and role in the war.

Rice Would be a Great choice except for her Connect to Bush. She is a Brilliant Person. Her IQ Dwarfs Obama"s and Romney's. Knows like 7 languages.

Then of course there is the Obvious benefits of Being Part Black, Part Hispanic, and a woman. When it comes to helping Romney with Groups he needs help with.

Just don't know if he should risk the Bush Baggage. Then Again, The democrats Are going to try and Saddle him with Bush Baggage anyways so why the hell not.

Maybe Romney will get sick and be declared unable to serve and she would be President. Would be a vast Improvement over Romney. lol

Liar.and a bigot.

Well, please find the posts where I criticize Bush all that much. There's 15K of them or so, shouldn't be hard for you to find one.

Isn't Harry Reid a mormon? mr. bigot?

Yup, Harry Reid is a Mormon. So are several others in the Senate and House, and they belong to both parties.

JoeB is a bigot, end of story.

Condi Rice is pro-choice on abortion so unless the anti-woman's rights wing of the GOP were to make a remarkable cave-in,

or, she were to pull a Romney and simply flip-flop on the issue,

she's out.

Republican racism and sexism is inadvertent, it’s not the primary goal of a given rightist policy. Because republican/conservative policy is for the most part predicated on dogma rather than facts, the result of these policies often have an adverse effect on minorities and women.

For example:

Conservative immigration ‘policy’: here the civil liberties of Hispanic American citizens are in jeopardy of being violated. Is it the intent of the ‘policy’ to do so? No. But citizens’ civil liberties are violated nonetheless.

The ‘voter ID’ non-issue: the intent of the ‘policy’ is to suppress democratic votes in the hope of winning close elections. It also suppresses the votes of minority voters. Is the primary intent of ‘voter ID’ laws to discriminate against minorities? No. But minority votes are suppressed nonetheless.

And of course there’s the conservative position on abortion and contraception: here conservatives reject the Constitutional right to privacy, which is consistent with their authoritarian nature. Is the intent of their opposition to privacy rights to be sexist? Likely not, it’s more the consequence of conservative contempt for the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law. But opposition to privacy rights is sexist nonetheless.

Therefore, the sexism and racism inherent in conservative dogma and policy has noting to do with Condoleezza Rice being considered for the VP spot, thus rendering the OP question idiotic.

Last edited:
There are sexist and racist in any political group it's the fools who try and portray the entire that way because of a few that is really sad and pathetic and really shows who the true racist and sexist people are.

Did I miss it? Are there really very many "pro" Condi Rice for VP threads?

Frankly I think she'd be a great VP selection but she would certainly overshadow Romney in this year's election.

As for it being a "talking point"; it depends on the topic. The "birther" issue is unique to the first black president and a totally fabricated move by people like you. It wouldn't come up if Obama were white or not named "Barack Obama." Sorry, those are the facts and they are not in dispute.

It also might not have come up if Obama's own publicist had said himself that Obama was Born in Kenya.

'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991 - ABC News

<snip>
Here's Obama's full bio from the 1991 brochure:

Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago's South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.
<snip>

Did I miss it? Are there really very many "pro" Condi Rice for VP threads?

Frankly I think she'd be a great VP selection but she would certainly overshadow Romney in this year's election.

As for it being a "talking point"; it depends on the topic. The "birther" issue is unique to the first black president and a totally fabricated move by people like you. It wouldn't come up if Obama were white or not named "Barack Obama." Sorry, those are the facts and they are not in dispute.

It also might not have come up if Obama's own publicist had said himself that Obama was Born in Kenya.

'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991 - ABC News

<snip>
Here's Obama's full bio from the 1991 brochure:

Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago's South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.
<snip>

It's an error and has been repudiated, the records are clear that he was born in Hawaii, and that birferism is a deliberate attempt to overthrow the constitutional process.

Anyone who supports birferism supports anti-American values.

Birferism and birfers are the issues now, and all of it must be investigated for any criminal or civil tort violations.

Liberals, especially Black Liberals, are absolutely possessed by racism and cannot understand anything except as it relates to race. That is true and absolute racism.

Racism is an interesting negativism that poisons life. Compare the positive and soaring inspiration of MLK to the negative divisiveness of the Big 0 and you will immediately understand how racism deletes humanity.

It makes no difference if it is the Whites hating the Blacks, the Blacks hating the Whites, Arabs and Jews, the Nazis and everybody or any groups you care to compare.

A sad and crippling crutch for a miserable failed life.

I have to ask. Are you even sure about what it is you are trying to say?

What?

The " negative divisiveness" of " the Big O" is a figment of your imagination and an indication that you are intimidated by having an inspirational black man who actually has some authority.

You see a reaction to being discriminated against as the definition of racism.

Ridiculous take.

Do you not see the Big 0 as divisive? I cannot recall a single talk or speech that I have ever listened to by him when he is not blaming the troubles of one group on the activities of another group. That is divisive.

MLK always proclaimed very clearly that if you want something in your life to improve, you need to get to work and improve it.

The Big 0 always proclaims very clearly that the reason there is misery in the lives of some is that there are others who are causing that misery.

Do you see the difference?

MLK was saying that those to whom he spoke were powerful and competent. The Big 0 is telling his sheep that they are powerless and weak. MLK said that all have the power to control their own life. The Big 0 says that his sheep are controlled by others.

Can you name a racist who does not blame the target of his hatred for the ills that afflict him?

Discriminated against? In what way does this manifest itself? In what way does it keep a man of color from rising to the office of POTUS? Once there, he is free to achieve or to fail. If he is judged on the basis of his success or failure, that is not racism, but may be viewed as such by a racist.

At this point in our history, while there is still hate and race often directs that hate, the effects of discrimination are, more often than not, self inflicted.

I think conservatives have sort of brought Rice's "brilliance" to mythological proportions much in the same way that the media/libs did that for Obama.

I do think she is pragmatic, reasonably intelligent, fairly humble, likeable, and connected to reality. I personally have a few preferences ahead of her. But for the reasons I stated, I would not be disappointed if she got the nod.

As I already stated, as far as just concerning the campaign cycle goes, I would freaking love it if she got the nod. She's black and a woman and the Obama would have a hell of a time trying to play the out of touch greedy misogynistic white guy card that he's so desperately trying to play at every turn.

Frankly, I think a Romney/Rice ticket could present challenges that perhaps Obama could not overcome.

99.9% of the Black Vote will go to Obama. There is not even a reason for Romney to try to get any Black votes.

This will be an interesting election in the sense of who votes for whom because the state of the economy for Blacks is so much worse than it is for Whites and this is just about exclusively the result of the failed Obama policies.

That notwithstanding, 99.9% of the Black vote will go to Obama.

If 99.9% of the White vote went to Romney, would that be racist?

this is just about exclusively the result of the failed Obama policies.

No. That is not the case. What is in your water that makes you conveniently disregard history in that way?

I'm not going to spend much time on you either way, but how about at least faking the honesty.

What are the successful policies of Obama that have made the lot of the Black individual better today than it was 4 years ago?

So far (regarding Rice), you're the FIRST!!

Republican racism and sexism is inadvertent, it’s not the primary goal of a given rightist policy. Because republican/conservative policy is for the most part predicated on dogma rather than facts, the result of these policies often have an adverse effect on minorities and women.

For example:

Conservative immigration ‘policy’: here the civil liberties of Hispanic American citizens are in jeopardy of being violated. Is it the intent of the ‘policy’ to do so? No. But citizens’ civil liberties are violated nonetheless.

The ‘voter ID’ non-issue: the intent of the ‘policy’ is to suppress democratic votes in the hope of winning close elections. It also suppresses the votes of minority voters. Is the primary intent of ‘voter ID’ laws to discriminate against minorities? No. But minority votes are suppressed nonetheless.

And of course there’s the conservative position on abortion and contraception: here conservatives reject the Constitutional right to privacy, which is consistent with their authoritarian nature. Is the intent of their opposition to privacy rights to be sexist? Likely not, it’s more the consequence of conservative contempt for the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law. But opposition to privacy rights is sexist nonetheless.

Therefore, the sexism and racism inherent in conservative dogma and policy has noting to do with Condoleezza Rice being considered for the VP spot, thus rendering the OP question idiotic.

I simply don't understand that train of thought.

Is it the intent of liquor stores that demand proof of ID to reduce minority drinking?

Are convenience stores trying to reduce minority smoking when they demand ID's to sell cigarettes?

In what way is a photo ID performing one function in every aspect of our society and suddenly performing a different function when it comes to voting?

Forum List

Back