If Republicans are racists and sexists then why no anti Condi Rice VP threads?

About the only good thing I can say about GWB is actually my respect for him for not being sexist or racist in his choices. It is one of the few areas I actually respect him in, and his choice in Rice was one of his best choices. However, it sure as hell pissed off a bunch of his supporters i know.

Who did it piss off? I know lots of really conservative republicans, and havent found one that didnt like her.

Yeah, would those people elect her president?

Come back to me when they would.

OMG, she's president and I didn't know it.

Okay, serious answer - she's not liberal.

Check out the rw's remarks about Colin Powell to see what I mean. Or, for that matter, look at general opinion about his son. In spite of his gutting and trashing our journalism standards and selling us out to Big Money, pubs love him.

Oh, so now you are admitting that it has nothing to do with race or sex. That the right is not racist or sexist but rather that they are attacking their political opposite, the liberals.

That's all right, we knew that all along. It is just surprising that a democrat is finally admitting that the race baiting and calls of racism were actually complete bullshit.

About the only good thing I can say about GWB is actually my respect for him for not being sexist or racist in his choices. It is one of the few areas I actually respect him in, and his choice in Rice was one of his best choices. However, it sure as hell pissed off a bunch of his supporters i know.

If "supporters" were pissed off it's b/c their people were not picked to uphold or enhance their power. But that has nothing to do with racism or sexism. That's just the game of politics.

And in fact, Obama has an especially white and male staff b/c of that game IMO. Though a lot of people argue especially that he is sexist as he tends to not have a lot of women in high positions.

No, I lie how you mae excuses for people you do not know, but I know these people and they didn't lie her for racist and sexist reasons. I often heard the term ****** bitch in reference to her. They often excused his actions because he had to to make them damned liberals happy. Personally I saw GWB as being a bit more progressive in the areas of sexism and racism than most of the people who voted for him. These are the same people who wan't obama thrown out of office because of his birth certificate. Please do not make excuses for the birthers, thank you.

What excuses am I making? I'm giving you plausible, even likely explanations for your assertions that btw are not based on hearsay at best.

And it's freaking common sense. People that try to pull on the strings of the president, do so b/c of their vested interests, not freaking racism. That's reality dude. That's the freaking default. You can't claim anything to the contrary without proof.

Yea and I'm calling BS on your ****** bitch talk by conservatives. That's just another baseless accusation. And it does nothing to defy my premise that if conservatives were so racist then they would have already came out in numbers against her.

And Bush isn't a progressive. He hired qualified people who he trusted to do jobs. We don't have to pat ourselves on the back for hiring a black woman. We're not that shallow.

And people that want Obama thrown out of office for not being a citizen are not racist. They have morals and values and fuck you for assuming the worst in them. I take offense to that.

If "supporters" were pissed off it's b/c their people were not picked to uphold or enhance their power. But that has nothing to do with racism or sexism. That's just the game of politics.

And in fact, Obama has an especially white and male staff b/c of that game IMO. Though a lot of people argue especially that he is sexist as he tends to not have a lot of women in high positions.

No, I lie how you mae excuses for people you do not know, but I know these people and they didn't lie her for racist and sexist reasons. I often heard the term ****** bitch in reference to her. They often excused his actions because he had to to make them damned liberals happy. Personally I saw GWB as being a bit more progressive in the areas of sexism and racism than most of the people who voted for him. These are the same people who wan't obama thrown out of office because of his birth certificate. Please do not make excuses for the birthers, thank you.

What excuses am I making? I'm giving you plausible, even likely explanations for your assertions that btw are not based on hearsay at best.

You are trying to make an excuse for their racism. the best excuses are often plausible or likely explanations.
And it's freaking common sense. People that try to pull on the strings of the president, do so b/c of their vested interests, not freaking racism. That's reality dude. That's the freaking default. You can't claim anything to the contrary without proof.

Oh, I know it is racism because I am white and I have ears and hear it. Save that line for the blacks.
Yea and I'm calling BS on your ****** bitch talk by conservatives. That's just another baseless accusation. And it does nothing to defy my premise that if conservatives were so racist then they would have already came out in numbers against her.

Racists have learned the fine art of the token. Just because they have a token does not mean they are not racists.
And Bush isn't a progressive. He hired qualified people who he trusted to do jobs. We don't have to pat ourselves on the back for hiring a black woman. We're not that shallow.

See, your racism shows here. Condi was not hired because she was black or female, she was chosen because she knew what the fuck she was doing. That is progressive for the modern republican party who are really running a white guy party.
And people that want Obama thrown out of office for not being a citizen are not racist. They have morals and values and fuck you for assuming the worst in them. I take offense to that.

At this point they are racist because no president in history has had the legitimacy of his birth certificate questioned. Those calls are racist at their heart, and actually probably a bit stupid as a lot of those people probably come from immigrant amilies at the turn of last century. Black people were here long before a lot of white racist american families.

You are trying to make an excuse for their racism. the best excuses are often plausible or likely explanations.

LOL - You gave me a plausible explanation. That's just an excuse for racism. Do you even listen to yourself?

See, your racism shows here. Condi was not hired because she was black or female, she was chosen because she knew what the fuck she was doing. That is progressive for the modern republican party who are really running a white guy party.

"He hired qualified people who he trusted to do jobs. We don't have to pat ourselves on the back for hiring a black woman. We're not that shallow."

Idiot. You literally just pretended I said the opposite of what I said and then you went on to state that you believed what I said.

At this point they are racist because no president in history has had the legitimacy of his birth certificate questioned. Those calls are racist at their heart, and actually probably a bit stupid as a lot of those people probably come from immigrant amilies at the turn of last century. Black people were here long before a lot of white racist american families.

That's f'ing stupid logic. Until this point, we haven't had any non citizen try to be president. Frankly, the country wasn't corrupt enough for that to even happen until recently.

Seriously__ I thought you were smarter than this. I couldn't even get to your incoherent points. I figured you were just bitter. Now I realize you're just a freaking moron.

GG,

Are you aware that you have claimed that conservatives are not racist or sexist BECAUSE, to your knowledge, none of them are coming out in opposition to a Rice nomination for VP?

That is the basis for your latest brainstorm?

You have a very odd way about you. You seem to make connections in your brain that others just don't seem to consider.

Please note:

Nobody, including racist nutters, thinks she will be chosen by Romney. Thus, nobody, including racist nutters, is commenting on it.........period,

Dummy.

There are sexist and racist in any political group it's the fools who try and portray the entire that way because of a few that is really sad and pathetic and really shows who the true racist and sexist people are.

Yea but its a now Dem/lib talking point that GOP/Conservatives are racists. That's a substantial claim. And if it were indeed to true then I think there would be constant obvious manifestations. And frankly I've yet to come across a series of conservatives who have argued against Rice at all; let alone on the basis of gender and race.

Liberals, especially Black Liberals, are absolutely possessed by racism and cannot understand anything except as it relates to race. That is true and absolute racism.

Racism is an interesting negativism that poisons life. Compare the positive and soaring inspiration of MLK to the negative divisiveness of the Big 0 and you will immediately understand how racism deletes humanity.

It makes no difference if it is the Whites hating the Blacks, the Blacks hating the Whites, Arabs and Jews, the Nazis and everybody or any groups you care to compare.

A racist blames his real shortcomings on the imagined restrictions of another.

A sad and crippling crutch for a miserable failed life.

Yea but its a now Dem/lib talking point that GOP/Conservatives are racists. That's a substantial claim. And if it were indeed to true then I think there would be constant obvious manifestations. And frankly I've yet to come across a series of conservatives who have argued against Rice at all; let alone on the basis of gender and race.

The thing is the claim is not true everyone knows this I suspect the liberals making the claim know it but when you have nothing else to promote or bring to the table that's what you fall back on these claims have the same chance of being politically relevant as the Jersey Shore does of being considered great television.

Mmm. I think you're totally underestimating the saturation of these racist claims. I think even moderate democrats have at least somewhat bought into the claims that Republicans are racist.

If it were not so, they'd be getting pissed off and threatening to crossover to the other side or at least stop voting for them.

Dem politicians are getting away with their outrageous claims b/c of the state of the party. It is infected at its core.

The Liberals in the media buy into this also. It's a teach you children young kind of thing. Conservatives are racist and the Sun rises in the East. It has become a truism because of the do-gooder racists in the media.

What is the nature of their aggravation? I am a Conservative and I love this lady! Obviously brilliant, talented, confident, strong willed, honest and direct.

Also has the tact and gentle understanding to temper her remarks in a cordial fashion.

How many Conservatives do you know and how much time did they spend describing their fear of competence to you?

Seriously, Dems are constantly crying about how racist and sexist Republicans are. But I've yet to even see a thread saying; 'please don't let that ****** bitch be our VP candidate.' Could it be that Republicans aren't racist and sexist?
Rice Would be a Great choice except for her Connect to Bush. She is a Brilliant Person. Her IQ Dwarfs Obama"s and Romney's. Knows like 7 languages.

Then of course there is the Obvious benefits of Being Part Black, Part Hispanic, and a woman. When it comes to helping Romney with Groups he needs help with.

Just don't know if he should risk the Bush Baggage. Then Again, The democrats Are going to try and Saddle him with Bush Baggage anyways so why the hell not.

Maybe Romney will get sick and be declared unable to serve and she would be President. Would be a vast Improvement over Romney. lol

Rice has said pretty directly that she will not be the Veep.

Seriously, Dems are constantly crying about how racist and sexist Republicans are. But I've yet to even see a thread saying; 'please don't let that ****** bitch be our VP candidate.' Could it be that Republicans aren't racist and sexist?
Rice Would be a Great choice except for her Connect to Bush. She is a Brilliant Person. Her IQ Dwarfs Obama"s and Romney's. Knows like 7 languages.

Then of course there is the Obvious benefits of Being Part Black, Part Hispanic, and a woman. When it comes to helping Romney with Groups he needs help with.

Just don't know if he should risk the Bush Baggage. Then Again, The democrats Are going to try and Saddle him with Bush Baggage anyways so why the hell not.

Maybe Romney will get sick and be declared unable to serve and she would be President. Would be a vast Improvement over Romney. lol

I think conservatives have sort of brought Rice's "brilliance" to mythological proportions much in the same way that the media/libs did that for Obama.

I do think she is pragmatic, reasonably intelligent, fairly humble, likeable, and connected to reality. I personally have a few preferences ahead of her. But for the reasons I stated, I would not be disappointed if she got the nod.

As I already stated, as far as just concerning the campaign cycle goes, I would freaking love it if she got the nod. She's black and a woman and the Obama would have a hell of a time trying to play the out of touch greedy misogynistic white guy card that he's so desperately trying to play at every turn.

Frankly, I think a Romney/Rice ticket could present challenges that perhaps Obama could not overcome.

99.9% of the Black Vote will go to Obama. There is not even a reason for Romney to try to get any Black votes.

This will be an interesting election in the sense of who votes for whom because the state of the economy for Blacks is so much worse than it is for Whites and this is just about exclusively the result of the failed Obama policies.

That notwithstanding, 99.9% of the Black vote will go to Obama.

If 99.9% of the White vote went to Romney, would that be racist?

I've read this whole thread and the word "birthers" was used fist here by you.

Who did it piss off? I know lots of really conservative republicans, and havent found one that didnt like her.

Yeah, would those people elect her president?

Come back to me when they would.

I'd vote for her in a minute. She'd be my choice above either of the guys in the race today.

If selections are made absent racial considerations, that is just intelligent.

if selections are made due to racial considerations first and all else next, that is racism.

Which party is racist?

I think your reasoning is flawed.

YOu guys hate Obama so much that you are willing to tolerate a koolaid drinking cultist in there...

Condi Rice isn't going to be the running mate because she knows that unlike Bush, (who for his flaws was a decent guy), Romney just doesn't have her interests at heart.

YOu guys hate Obama so much that you are willing to tolerate a koolaid drinking cultist in there...

Condi Rice isn't going to be the running mate because she knows that unlike Bush, (who for his flaws was a decent guy), Romney just doesn't have her interests at heart.

What are her interests?

Since you know so much, how many Bush supporters were pissed when he appointed Colin Powell Sec of State? Not enough to throw him out in 2004, huh!

There are sexist and racist in any political group it's the fools who try and portray the entire that way because of a few that is really sad and pathetic and really shows who the true racist and sexist people are.

Did I miss it? Are there really very many "pro" Condi Rice for VP threads?

Frankly I think she'd be a great VP selection but she would certainly overshadow Romney in this year's election.

As for it being a "talking point"; it depends on the topic. The "birther" issue is unique to the first black president and a totally fabricated move by people like you. It wouldn't come up if Obama were white or not named "Barack Obama." Sorry, those are the facts and they are not in dispute.

It doesn't matter. Romney isn't picking a VP based on her interests.

Joe: How are you going to lecture me on flawed logic (giving no rationale btw) and then use no logic of your own. Seriously, people that lecture on logic and then act so illogical; that's about the biggest nit wit thing you can do.

What are her interests?

Forum List

Back