If Obama is such a great President, where is the nostalgia?

Ronald Reagan was such a great President that people were already nostalgic for the '80's even before the 80's were over.

Remember the second "Back to the Future" movie where Marty McFly goes to the year 2015 and walks into a "Cafe '80's" decorated like Miami Vice and there are all sorts of nostalgic memorabilia about 80's cultural icons like Michael Jackson, Ronald Reagan, Ayotollah Khomeni, as Max Headroom. There are '80's video games like Pac-Man and TV shows like Taxi on screens in the wall.

And Steven Spielberg was right. Ever since the '80's, nostalgia for that era continues to be strong. And today, the '80's remain my favorite decade in my life. There was so much hope in the young, like anything we wanted to do was possible. Movies like Working Girl reflected the spirit of young people in the '80's, to go out in the business world and kick some ass and make some money.

But I don't see any nostalgia for the Obama era, which is an era of economic decline, low work participation, and poverty amongst the middle class. Young people today lack hope that things will ever get better for them. And people are not thinking fondly of Obama, and only want to see the backside of him.

Cafe 80's
Barry is a sorry sack of shit, arrogant fuck ups will not be remembered favorably...

LOLOLOL....the fact you think Reagan was great, kinda proves your own point.....sorry sack of shit, arrogant fuck up...that's Reagan in a nut sack....no pun intended.

Ronald Reagan was such a great President that people were already nostalgic for the '80's even before the 80's were over.

Remember the second "Back to the Future" movie where Marty McFly goes to the year 2015 and walks into a "Cafe '80's" decorated like Miami Vice and there are all sorts of nostalgic memorabilia about 80's cultural icons like Michael Jackson, Ronald Reagan, Ayotollah Khomeni, as Max Headroom. There are '80's video games like Pac-Man and TV shows like Taxi on screens in the wall.

And Steven Spielberg was right. Ever since the '80's, nostalgia for that era continues to be strong. And today, the '80's remain my favorite decade in my life. There was so much hope in the young, like anything we wanted to do was possible. Movies like Working Girl reflected the spirit of young people in the '80's, to go out in the business world and kick some ass and make some money.

But I don't see any nostalgia for the Obama era, which is an era of economic decline, low work participation, and poverty amongst the middle class. Young people today lack hope that things will ever get better for them. And people are not thinking fondly of Obama, and only want to see the backside of him.

Cafe 80's
Barry is a sorry sack of shit, arrogant fuck ups will not be remembered favorably...

LOLOLOL....the fact you think Reagan was great, kinda proves your own point.....sorry sack of shit, arrogant fuck up...that's Reagan in a nut sack....no pun intended.
I don't like any career politicians, the lowest of life forms...

Cafe 80's
Nostalgia is about something that happened in the past. Obama's presidency isn't even over. Besides, it is such a silly measuring stick for assessing the effectiveness of a president's time in office. Presidential historians will rate him based on specific criteria applied to all past presidents. He is likely to score somewhere in the middle. He has not been a bad president. Also, he will likely be remembered fondly for being the first black president, so there will be nostalgia in that sense.

You know...his presidency is almost over: why don't you stop whining about it? Get over it.
Rightwing nitwits will continue to whine about Obama for years to come.

The thread premise is also idiotic given the fact that a true, accurate, and objective accounting of a given presidency cannot be made until decades after a president leaves office.

For example, Truman was extremely unpopular during his presidency – a February 1952 Gallup poll had Truman’s job approval rating at just 22 percent; today he’s considered among our greatest presidents.
and objective accounting of a given presidency cannot be made until decades after a president leaves office.
and yet you have not given bush that much....you are a phony jones....oh and blow me....
There is no comparison to the ruin and havoc Bush inflicted on the US, and the world, and the record of Obama. As much as you people try to twist the truth and reality, we know Bush was one of the worst presidents the US has ever had. So bad he is not wanted in other countries, so bad he is not someone the GOP wants around to support any of its candidates, so bad he has basically had to hide out since he left office, relegated to oblivion. He is something the GOP has to avoid and keep in the background. Bush is known world wide as someone who was a complete wreck as a president.

If Obama is such a great President, where is the nostalgia?

He hasn't left office yet...

... nostalgia usually refers to times past.

Cafe 80's
Nostalgia is about something that happened in the past. Obama's presidency isn't even over. Besides, it is such a silly measuring stick for assessing the effectiveness of a president's time in office. Presidential historians will rate him based on specific criteria applied to all past presidents. He is likely to score somewhere in the middle. He has not been a bad president. Also, he will likely be remembered fondly for being the first black president, so there will be nostalgia in that sense.

You know...his presidency is almost over: why don't you stop whining about it? Get over it.
Rightwing nitwits will continue to whine about Obama for years to come.

The thread premise is also idiotic given the fact that a true, accurate, and objective accounting of a given presidency cannot be made until decades after a president leaves office.

For example, Truman was extremely unpopular during his presidency – a February 1952 Gallup poll had Truman’s job approval rating at just 22 percent; today he’s considered among our greatest presidents.
and objective accounting of a given presidency cannot be made until decades after a president leaves office.
and yet you have not given bush that much....you are a phony jones....oh and blow me....
There is no comparison to the ruin and havoc Bush inflicted on the US, and the world, and the record of Obama. As much as you people try to twist the truth and reality, we know Bush was one of the worst presidents the US has ever had. So bad he is not wanted in other countries, so bad he is not someone the GOP wants around to support any of its candidates, so bad he has basically had to hide out since he left office, relegated to oblivion. He is something the GOP has to avoid and keep in the background. Bush is known world wide as someone who was a complete wreck as a president.
"you people?"....im no fan of bush .... i was just pointing out what a hypocrite jones is,if "you people" cant see his hypocrisy than thats your partisan problem like his...

Forum List

Back