If it's good or the goose ...

Is state sponsored assassination acceptable?

• Of course not. All civilized nations should reject it outright.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Of course. If a nation deems it necessary.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • American Exceptionalism! Duh.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
It's really Russia taking the lead on assassination as a part of war-fighting, not us. All their poison attacks on internal enemies ---- in London.

Totally agree. Should we follow their lead?

We're not at war with Iran. That's my biggest complaint here. We can't allow a President to order ad hoc killings because he can't convince Congress to declare war.

I think we are at war with Iran, or pretty darn close. They attacked our base in Iraq --- that's an act of war. I don't see why you say Trump can't convince Congress? He doesn't need Congress to declare war; they haven't done that for ….. let's see, 79 years now, right? But there have been lots and lots of wars in that time. We aren't QUITE at open war yet, but it's close --- that's why the nation and world is on edge. Could cross the line any moment if Iran decides to retaliate. I bet they are thinking hard right now. They wanted to back us down. Whoops, that didn't work.

If a nation takes out a known terrorist that has killed many people and is planning for more attacks, I have no problem with it. If you want me to agree that if Iran looks at our military folks as terrorists, then I'll have to take exception. Iran is a known terrorist nation to the US and is on the list of such. I happen to take the side of the US in the acton taken. You, seemingly, do not. *shrug*

You're right. I don't. I think it was a terrible mistake that will cost us dearly. I hope I'm wrong.

Since I answered your question how about answering one of mine?

Are you ok with that terrorist fuck killing civilians of other nations ON THEIR SOIL through terrorist actions?

Of course not. That's a strawman.

You build a strawman, I build a strawman. *shrug*

My point is are you ok with the asshole to continue killing people?
Nope. I've said that several times.
Because that shit wasn't going to stop without termination.

Bullshit. Lots of ways to solve any problem. Pretty much every time someone tells you that "xxx" is the only way - they're trying to fuck you.

He's been killing people for 20 fucking years or more. Seems like someone didn't have a solution. Problem solved.

Are you ok with that terrorist fuck killing civilians of other nations ON THEIR SOIL through terrorist actions?

naw, you just didn't like that's who he was. hmmmmmmm
???

I'm with you on that one brother.:laughing0301:

I know, right? I sure can't parse gibberish.

There was another post a read a few minutes ago that I was completely lost in the first 10 words.

It's really Russia taking the lead on assassination as a part of war-fighting, not us. All their poison attacks on internal enemies ---- in London.

Totally agree. Should we follow their lead?

No. That goes too far. Assassinating EXTERNAL enemies, though --- that ought to give everyone something to think about, because it plays to American strengths. Technology.

???

There was another post a read a few minutes ago that I was completely lost in the first 10 words.
well he called your response a strawman, I wrote, "naw" Then I explained why he thought it was a strawman. It's okay, I'll ignore your ass from now on.

We're not at war with Iran. That's my biggest complaint here. We can't allow a President to order ad hoc killings because he can't convince Congress to declare war.

I think we are at war with Iran, or pretty darn close. They attacked our base in Iraq --- that's an act of war. I don't see why you say Trump can't convince Congress? He doesn't need Congress to declare war; they haven't done that for ….. let's see, 79 years now, right? But there have been lots and lots of wars in that time. We aren't QUITE at open war yet, but it's close --- that's why the nation and world is on edge. Could cross the line any moment if Iran decides to retaliate. I bet they are thinking hard right now. They wanted to back us down. Whoops, that didn't work.

Pretty darn close doesn't cut it. And we've been violating the Constitution regarding war for 79 years. That doesn't make it right, not acceptable.

Iran won't retaliate with military action. That can't match us militarily and they know it. That's why the resort to terrorism. They'll simply funnel more money to terrorist groups and let them make the attacks. And thanks to our overbearing show of force, there will be many new recruits volunteering.

Pretty darn close doesn't cut it. And we've been violating the Constitution regarding war for 79 years. That doesn't make it right, not acceptable.

Iran won't retaliate with military action. That can't match us militarily and they know it. That's why the resort to terrorism. They'll simply funnel more money to terrorist groups and let them make the attacks. And thanks to our overbearing show of force, there will be many new recruits volunteering.
Iran is part of the UN correct? why are they still doing the shit 79 years later if they are part of the UN? Does that seem logical to you? Where's the UN?

If a nation takes out a known terrorist that has killed many people and is planning for more attacks, I have no problem with it. If you want me to agree that if Iran looks at our military folks as terrorists, then I'll have to take exception. Iran is a known terrorist nation to the US and is on the list of such. I happen to take the side of the US in the acton taken. You, seemingly, do not. *shrug*

You're right. I don't. I think it was a terrible mistake that will cost us dearly. I hope I'm wrong.

You build a strawman, I build a strawman. *shrug*

My point is are you ok with the asshole to continue killing people?
Nope. I've said that several times.
Because that shit wasn't going to stop without termination.

Bullshit. Lots of ways to solve any problem. Pretty much every time someone tells you that "xxx" is the only way - they're trying to fuck you.
the US decided it was the only way. I guess the US won that round.

And, Good riddance.

???

then you should stop writing.

I wonder if any of you people remember how the first Great War (WWI) got started?

It was because Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated in Sarajevo. That is what started the whole thing.

Wonder if WWIII will start with an assassination as well?

I wonder if any of you people remember how the first Great War (WWI) got started?

It was because Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated in Sarajevo. That is what started the whole thing.

where will it start? Who is threatening war exactly?

It's certainly possible. I doubt Iran will do anything significant militarily, but if access to the gulf becomes an issue (blockades, terrorism, etc...) China and Russia are likely to take an interest.

He's been killing people for 20 fucking years or more. Seems like someone didn't have a solution. Problem solved.
By creating even more problems.
Same problems that have been going on for 40 years. It's not different. I was on a US naval ship in the Straits of Hormuz in 1988. Our ship was providing air cover while another ship was lobbing 5 inch shells on Iran Oil islands and destroying them. It was in retaliation for them shooting down a commercial passenger airliner which killed over 200 people. Things were pretty tense then too. There has been numerous shit incidents over the years. How about when they took over our Embassy in 1978 and took 52 hostages for 444 days. Think things were tense then?

It's certainly possible. I doubt Iran will do anything significant militarily, but if access to the gulf becomes an issue (blockades, terrorism, etc...) China and Russia are likely to take an interest.
there's the UN with all their big ass rules and agreements that should intervene and stop any action by Iran. right?

Not surprising. They have continually fucked with the US and other countries through terrorist proxies. Should we continue to let them kill innocent people? He was a fucking terrorist actively killing innocent people

Yeah, he helped Shiites in Iraq to fight against jack-booted thugs criminally invading and occupying their country, and against the monstrosity that is Daesh, criminally invading and occupying their country. That's what you mean by "innocent people", eh?

Not surprising. They have continually fucked with the US and other countries through terrorist proxies. Should we continue to let them kill innocent people? He was a fucking terrorist actively killing innocent people

Yeah, he helped Shiites in Iraq to fight against jack-booted thugs criminally invading and occupying their country, and against the monstrosity that is Daesh, criminally invading and occupying their country. That's what you mean by "innocent people", eh?

He killed Brits on British soil in a terror attack. I guess they aren't innocent either.

If we assassinated Netanyahu and bin Salman, I will cheer.

Until we do, those behind 911 are still at large....

Forum List

Back