“If God does not exist, then all things are permitted.”

If there is no God and thus, no afterlife, you just live and you die, you certainly would be dum
Without God, morality is self-defined.

Why is that bad thing?

I am more than capable of coming up with my own morality.

Relationships are based on trust and so betraying that trust would be immoral hence I value the trust enough to be moral. I don't need your imaginary being to dictate that morality since I was more than capable of figuring it out for myself.

Ever notice how those who want government to butt out of their lives are more than willing to force their religion into the lives of others, by force of government if needs be?

So no, your imaginary god does not define my morality.

If there is no God and morality is self-defined, there is chaos. Do you think everyone is going to have the same moral code? Probably not.

Also, people don't have control of other people.
God has control. But people just don't like to hear that.

Who is forcing their religion on others? People will strong convictions are going to stand by them, it's called commitment. And demanding to be heard is a right all people have. Even Christians.

We the People control ourselves through something called society.

We organize ourselves and have Laws of the Land to maintain order.

We the People uphold your right to believe whatever fairy tales about mythical beings you want as long to as you keep them to yourself and don't try to force others to comply with your delusions.

We the People don't need your imaginary being or his perverted "morality" that discriminates against our fellow Americans.

We the people do not exist in a world devoid of a belief in God.

... agree or disagree? .... and why?

It explains why history's most prolific mass murderers were all Godless Progressives

God in the Old Testament is the most prolific mass murderer the world has ever known. In the Old Testament, God kills more people than any one single figure in real life. Even in literature it is hard to recall any character who kills so rapidly and in such tremendous numbers. God is also a mass murderer who is very quick to slay his victims. He can be provoked by something as simple as a complaint, such as in Numbers 16:41-49 when the Israelites tell God he is slaughtering too many of them. In this case, God responds by killed 14,000 additional people.

But God can also be incited to murder by the most minor infraction, such as in 2 Kings 2:23-24, when God sends a bear to disembowel children for teasing a prophet. Sometimes, God kills for seemingly no reason at all, like in Judges 16:27-30 when God imbues Samson with the ability to kill 3,000 Philistines just because Samson wants to. In 2 Kings 1:9-10, God burns 50 men to prove that he is, indeed, God.
God - The World’s Most Prolific Mass Murderer

If there is no God and thus, no afterlife, you just live and you die, you certainly would be dum

Why is that bad thing?

Relationships are based on trust and so betraying that trust would be immoral hence I value the trust enough to be moral. I don't need your imaginary being to dictate that morality since I was more than capable of figuring it out for myself.

Ever notice how those who want government to butt out of their lives are more than willing to force their religion into the lives of others, by force of government if needs be?

If there is no God and morality is self-defined, there is chaos. Do you think everyone is going to have the same moral code? Probably not.

Who is forcing their religion on others? People will strong convictions are going to stand by them, it's called commitment. And demanding to be heard is a right all people have. Even Christians.

We the People uphold your right to believe whatever fairy tales about mythical beings you want as long to as you keep them to yourself and don't try to force others to comply with your delusions.

We the People don't need your imaginary being or his perverted "morality" that discriminates against our fellow Americans.

We the people do not exist in a world devoid of a belief in God.

Non sequitur!

We the People do not exist in a world devoid of disease, war, suffering, poverty, etc,etc.

Are those the fault of your imaginary god since he "created" this world?

Why is that bad thing?

Where was God when the natives were pushed out and killed by the Christian nation you inhabit?

We and the Earth we reside on are in a fallen state.
Because we chose our own way and sin over God.

Fallen from what? Show any evidence, other than the Bible to reference the existence of this fall in any way.

Why is that bad thing?

We the People have recognized all men are created equal
We have abolished slavery, the Bible never did
We recognize homosexuals as our fellow man
We recognize the equal rights of women
We recognize the need to protect the environment
We have moved away from capital punishment

All without a God telling us us to do it

Why is that bad thing?

We the People have recognized all men are created equal
We have abolished slavery, the Bible never did
We recognize homosexuals as our fellow man
We recognize the equal rights of women
We recognize the need to protect the environment
We have moved away from capital punishment

All without a God telling us us to do it

We the People have upheld freedom of speech and freedom of/from religion which are nowhere to be found in the bible.

We have instituted the concept of innocent until proven guilty which is 180 degrees opposed to the religious belief that we are all "born sinners".

We have scrapped the "diving right of kings" and replaced it with the right to govern ourselves.

And yes, we did all of this without any god telling us to do it.

It explains why history's most prolific mass murderers were all Godless Progressives
Damn them Popes...

Mao and Stalin were Popes of the Progressive Movement
What does the Great Leap Forward or Stalin's purges and forced industrialization have to do with lack of belief? Atheism isn't cause for either of those death tolls.

Disagree. You still have to contend with your fellow man. You know, the ones who were enforcing Gods laws on Earth because that task is beneath God?

Liars will still be shunned
Thieves will still be punished
Murders will still be killed.

Heck, the only difference is that what we used to call 'morality' will be revealed as a system of civil ethics with ethical philosophers arguing over what is allowable and what is not through general ethical fundamentals and principles.

So hang up the idea of anything goes, because it does not. We will punish bad actors for harming us(see, you can find justification lying on the ground!), and we will continue to unite to fight against the deeply ingrained Darwinistic features of our reality.

Damn them Popes...

Mao and Stalin were Popes of the Progressive Movement
What does the Great Leap Forward or Stalin's purges and forced industrialization have to do with lack of belief? Atheism isn't cause for either of those death tolls.

Sure it is! Of course it is! They were Godless men and perfect Progressives with a disdain for human life

God in the Old Testament is the most prolific mass murderer the world has ever known. In the Old Testament, God kills more people than any one single figure in real life. Even in literature it is hard to recall any character who kills so rapidly and in such tremendous numbers. God is also a mass murderer who is very quick to slay his victims. He can be provoked by something as simple as a complaint, such as in Numbers 16:41-49 when the Israelites tell God he is slaughtering too many of them. In this case, God responds by killed 14,000 additional people.

But God can also be incited to murder by the most minor infraction, such as in 2 Kings 2:23-24, when God sends a bear to disembowel children for teasing a prophet. Sometimes, God kills for seemingly no reason at all, like in Judges 16:27-30 when God imbues Samson with the ability to kill 3,000 Philistines just because Samson wants to. In 2 Kings 1:9-10, God burns 50 men to prove that he is, indeed, God.
God - The World’s Most Prolific Mass Murderer

That's a day's work for a Modern Progressive Mass Murderer

God does not exist but the Law of the Land will hold you accountable for committing crimes.

So no, all things are not permitted even though god does not exist.

You can't prove Go does not exist.
Law of the Land is different all over the world and in different states. It's not absolute.
All things are permitted still - if I want to commit a crime and am willing to pay the price, I am permitted to do it at my own choice.

Using your argument, you are permitted to do so even if God does exist.

Remember the crux of religion, it is your choice to follow or not. Hence, you are permitted to choose not to follow.

Also, not all crimes are outlined in every religion. Nor what you consider a crime in one nation is a crime in another. It maybe completely allowable.

Finally, look up Usury. Have you practiced it in some way? Most people have. There are other 'sins' or religious crimes that people tend to ignore and they break them all the time. How doomed is the Average American soul, probably greatly and they are to ignorant to do anything about it!!

So, good luck with that argument.

Atheists do things because it is the right thing to do
The religious do it out of a fear of a vengeful God

Actually, Christian's do the right (Christ-like) thing because they LOVE God, not out of fear.

You need to read your Ten Commandments

There is not a mention of LOVE in it

Jesus said, there are 2 great commands, the 1st is to love thy God the 2nd is to love thy neighbor as thyself.

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. (Matthew 22:35-40)

So, If I was a suicidal masochistic person, I can torture and murder my neighbor and still be right with the commandments?

The NT take 'rational' humans for granted. Humans are a bit irrational.

Oh, We appreciate rational behavior, but we are fundamentally emotional creatures with limited ability for deep perceptions into reality.

Such a being deceives itself when it claims to be 'rational'. Get past this delusion and try to work on these flaws is the best thing anyone can do.

... then all things are permitted.”

all things are not permitted whether there is a god or not, no blade of grass will ever be the same for all eternity ... by reason of perpetual motion the same as the possibility for a freed Spirits admission to the Everlasting would not be a singular event and would encounter what is the origin of life be what it may.

Why is that bad thing?

Where was God when the natives were pushed out and killed by the Christian nation you inhabit?

We and the Earth we reside on are in a fallen state.
Because we chose our own way and sin over God.

Fallen from what? Show any evidence, other than the Bible to reference the existence of this fall in any way.

Well since the Bible is the most important book in my life, I see no need.
It's what I believe and I stand behind it. I see and have experienced the proof that *I* need.
Maybe I (nor anyone else) has given you the proof *YOU* need or want... but that doesn't make it any less real or true....

So, you don't agree or believe what I believe. You have a right not.
But I have a right to tell the truth...and will continue to do so.

The onus is on you to prove your god exists since you made the claim.

The Law of the Land elsewhere is irrelevant.

Thank you for admitting that it is only your delusional belief in an imaginary being that is stopping you from committing crimes.

Atheists, like myself, have principles that keep us honest.

Actually the onus is on God to reveal Himself to you, and if He has not already, will at some point in your life and you will either reject Him or not....

As or the other, I used to be an atheist and, fear of prison and/or death held me back, but I lived a very sinful and wicked life before I became a Christian.

Not everyone has principles. And they are all varied.

So tell me, since you don't believe in God, do you think there is really any "end game" purpose to human life?

... then all things are permitted.”

all things are not permitted whether there is a god or not, no blade of grass will ever be the same for all eternity ... by reason of perpetual motion the same as the possibility for a freed Spirits admission to the Everlasting would not be a singular event and would encounter what is the origin of life be what it may.

What's the difference between being "possible" and "permitted"?

Why is that bad thing?

As I told you before, all evil in the world is our own doing.
Lack of obedience ruined it from the beginning and lack of submission and obedience to God continues be ruinous to us today.....

Why is that bad thing?

When you are dying, I hope your humanistic laws are of great comfort to you.....
I would give Christianity a bit more consideration and heartfelt thought.....

The onus is on you to prove your god exists since you made the claim.

The Law of the Land elsewhere is irrelevant.

Thank you for admitting that it is only your delusional belief in an imaginary being that is stopping you from committing crimes.

Atheists, like myself, have principles that keep us honest.

Actually the onus is on God to reveal Himself to you, and if He has not already, will at some point in your life and you will either reject Him or not....

As or the other, I used to be an atheist and, fear of prison and/or death held me back, but I lived a very sinful and wicked life before I became a Christian.

Not everyone has principles. And they are all varied.

So tell me, since you don't believe in God, do you think there is really any "end game" purpose to human life?

Is there any end game or purpose to the life of any species?

If there isn't for squirrels or wasps then why should there be one for our species?

Onus is on you to provide evidence of the "end game".

Forum List

Back