Upcoming art show

EvilCat Breath

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2016
I have been invited to show my work in an upcoming, juried, art show.
I'm thinking about submitting two.

dakotaandchildren.jpg

journey.jpg

I would ! go for it! What's your medium? Is that colored pencil? if you don't win? The sheet art usually does- dont be upset- you can hold you're own
They are both oil. I only use oil. I hope to do well. This is a new show so I don't know what the other artists do.

Do you sell them?
Sure, if someone wants to buy one. I've sold many. I have done some commissions. VERY SELDOM. I do not normally do commissions. I do what I like. If someone wants it, okay.

zulu.jpg

This was a commission. A friend had me paint a picture of his doggie. This is Zulu On Christmas Day.

Impressive

If you have to choose between them I’d submit the second one
My submissions are limited to two for this show. One, both, or neither can be chosen. The one(s) chosen will be shown at the artist reception on May 4 and the winners will be announced. Third, Second, First and Best in Show. The pictures hang for 30 days them we pick them up. Any that were sold will go to the buyers. Both of these works are large 24x36. Not may people want something that large. But, you never know. Some people just want a print. I know many artists that just sell prints. They keep all the originals. Not me, you want it, you buy it. I can't imagine what people do with all those paintings if they never sell one! Once I did not win a single prize, nothing. Then I sold one for more than any other painting sold. Even the winners. So, you never know.

My submissions are limited to two for this show. One, both, or neither can be chosen. The one(s) chosen will be shown at the artist reception on May 4 and the winners will be announced. Third, Second, First and Best in Show. The pictures hang for 30 days them we pick them up. Any that were sold will go to the buyers. Both of these works are large 24x36. Not may people want something that large. But, you never know. Some people just want a print. I know many artists that just sell prints. They keep all the originals. Not me, you want it, you buy it. I can't imagine what people do with all those paintings if they never sell one! Once I did not win a single prize, nothing. Then I sold one for more than any other painting sold. Even the winners. So, you never know.
I went thru the print phase.. on tiny 8 x 12.
I had drawn a cute schnauzer dog cartoon of my dog. and I slapped them on the internet- sold them cheap...
The cute part was- I met almost every Schnauzer breeder out there. LOL ha.
but I quit the print thing- because the local print shop was distorting the colors... just didn't work.

Forum List

Back