“If God does not exist, then all things are permitted.”

God does not exist but the Law of the Land will hold you accountable for committing crimes.

So no, all things are not permitted even though god does not exist.

That's why bed wetters hate God, because a higher authority than the state souldn't exist but one that opposes being queer is just intolerable to them.

The argument is faulty because it's over describing what is that source and power in life (called God) not that God doesnst exist, because life exists we then argue over defining it's most finite source & power.
That being said an anthropromorphized being/form has a further process in creating it and should not tell you what is acceptable or permitted if that goes against the nature of life itself that created even them and rules even they are bound by.
Take away the forbidden idol gods and you still are ruled by the laws of nature with every action having a reaction and progressing requires simple rules to help reach that progress. Knowing/describing that essence in life helos discern from subjective opinions on what is in line or against the grain (right or wrong, good or bad).

Assuming there is no morality without the fear of God is ridiculous

I don't see atheists running wild in the streets

... agree or disagree? .... and why?

I don't think God exists- yet I have moral boundaries.

Why would I need a god to know that killing another human being is murder? Why would I need a god to know that raping a child is 'not permitted'?

Now I will admit- that believe in God(s) has been integral to many of the moral systems that have developed- none of us are immune to the history before us- but as someone who does not believe in god- I know that not all things are permitted- and don't need fear of some imaginary hell to do so.

Cain slew Abel, yet God did not slay Cain..yet we are told God will kill us if we don't do the right things...

Last edited:
... agree or disagree? .... and why?
10457542_888022154575161_773423660438107287_n[1].jpg

God does not exist but the Law of the Land will hold you accountable for committing crimes.

You can't prove Go does not exist.
Law of the Land is different all over the world and in different states. It's not absolute.
All things are permitted still - if I want to commit a crime and am willing to pay the price, I am permitted to do it at my own choice.

Atheists do things because it is the right thing to do
The religious do it out of a fear of a vengeful God

We can't buy alcohol in North Carolina on Sunday till after 12 PM.

The argument is faulty because it's over describing what is that source and power in life (called God) not that God doesnst exist, because life exists we then argue over defining it's most finite source & power.
That being said an anthropromorphized being/form has a further process in creating it and should not tell you what is acceptable or permitted if that goes against the nature of life itself that created even them and rules even they are bound by.
Take away the forbidden idol gods and you still are ruled by the laws of nature with every action having a reaction and progressing requires simple rules to help reach that progress. Knowing/describing that essence in life helos discern from subjective opinions on what is in line or against the grain (right or wrong, good or bad).

There are thing that are impossible.
But permission means, in my mind, possible and acceptable.

Atheists do things because it is the right thing to do
The religious do it out of a fear of a vengeful God

Actually, Christian's do the right (Christ-like) thing because they LOVE God, not out of fear.

Assuming there is no morality without the fear of God is ridiculous

I don't see atheists running wild in the streets

I didn't say there was no morality.
I said anything is permitted. Possible and acceptable.
Legal? Maybe not.
Moral? Without God, morality is self-defined.

There is no "god" as perceived by theists, all religious dogma is created by man, all the laws we follow are man's laws, whether religious or secular.

I disagree (because I believe there is a God with definite laws) but that being said, your statement nullifies any argument people have about the Bible being written by Man and thus, unreliable, because then you can turn around and say the same thing about all other laws.....

God exists. Without Him anything goes, which is why the Left dupes many into believing He is fiction, while ridiculing anyone who believes.

You can't prove Go does not exist.
Law of the Land is different all over the world and in different states. It's not absolute.
All things are permitted still - if I want to commit a crime and am willing to pay the price, I am permitted to do it at my own choice.

The onus is on you to prove your god exists since you made the claim.

The Law of the Land elsewhere is irrelevant.

Thank you for admitting that it is only your delusional belief in an imaginary being that is stopping you from committing crimes.

Atheists, like myself, have principles that keep us honest.

Forum List

Back