If Ebola is so contagious why

Have so few people in Dallas come down with it?

If it's not contagious, then why are so many people in West Africa dying from it?
That's what I'm wondering. Bad hygiene in countries that often don't have running water? Has the virus mutated and become less virulent?

Senegal has been declared ebola free 42 days without a case
besides proper hygiene
they also imposed a strict ban on travel into the country

and a strong quarantine policy

WHO declares Senegal Ebola-free - Africa - Al Jazeera English

It's really quite simple. Ebola is only contagious after symptoms show up, and even then it's not as contagious until the disease is well under way. That is why only the nurses who took care of the patient on his deathbed got sick and those who lives with him at home did not.

It makes sense if you step back and examine the facts.

It's really quite simple. Ebola is only contagious after symptoms show up

that is not exactly true

the further along they are in the disease the more virus is in the body the more contagious they become

Because they're not taking the bus?

because it is only transmitted through bodily fluids.

220px-Positive-pressure_biosafety_suit.jpg

"Yeah, OK. You're the expert"

well, certainly smarter and more informed than anyone who thinks you can get it simply by being in the same room as someone with the disease.

you are aware that your little picture is of someone who will be handling the patient and infected objects, right?

so it's really not very compelling.

but please, keep inciting hysteria so we can pretend this is political.

apparently you don't know what happens on the "bus."

yokie dokie

More like hokey pokey.

sure. let us know what you have something to say. :thup:

I've said a lot. look around. Why do I have to do all your work for you liberal? Us republicans got to clean up all your messes....

It's really quite simple. Ebola is only contagious after symptoms show up, and even then it's not as contagious until the disease is well under way. That is why only the nurses who took care of the patient on his deathbed got sick and those who lives with him at home did not.

He was sick enough that he was vomiting and had to be transported by ambulance.

And yet his family and the EMTs who transported him don't have it. The facts fit what we know about the virus and it's transmission.
Hoe so? Are you claiming his family wasn't exposed to vomit, feces, etc? I find that far fetched.

You misunderstand me. I'm saying that the reason his family wasn't infected is because in the early stages of the disease, Ebola is not that contagious. Just as the CDC says. The facts fit that.

It's really quite simple. Ebola is only contagious after symptoms show up

that is not exactly true

the further along they are in the disease the more virus is in the body the more contagious they become

No, it's exactly true. Before the Ebola virus, and indeed any virus, is far enough advanced in its spread for it to be present in the bodily fluids, our body's will have already reacted. The fever will show before the virus shows up in our secretions. If you don't have at least a fever, you aren't spreading Ebola. That is an inescapable fact.

TEN patients at Dallas Ebola apartment are classified as high risk Daily Mail Online

This makes sense. The family was whisked away. Obama keeping a lid on things until after the election

the media has gone silent on the cruise ship that both Belize and mexico denied entry

which is headed back to American port to unload around 4000 folks who may or may not have been

exposed to ebola

People keep thinking that precautionary measure are the same thing as an epidemic.

I'd bet just about anything that the lab tech who is on the ship does not have Ebola. I could be wrong of course. He handled blood that was teeming with the virus, but if he followed protocol, he was perfectly safe.

220px-Positive-pressure_biosafety_suit.jpg

Your picture does nothing to prove your point. It is a fact that Ebola is only spread through bodily fluids.

The reason for the whole suit is because this person is having direct contact with a highly infectious patient. When you are that close, it's easy to get bodily fluids splashed in your eyes or mouth.

Forum List

Back