If crimes "begin and end with the criminals who commit them,"....

You know, when bodies get mixed up at Arlington, the military haters are out in force with all of their "respect for the dead" lip service.

When you ask them for a little decency and respect in a place where human tissue was flying out of destroyed aircraft on the buildings below as far as far as jet parts, they can't deal with that.

9-11-plane-crash-twin-towers-new-york-2.jpg

So, how much stand off does Ground Zero get?

And do we limit any new buildings (short of a monument) or just the religions that offend us personally.

If a legitimate group of survivors families asks for respect, then a religion of peace should honor that.

If they don't, then they're offensive assholes.

They are not asking to clear out all of lower Manhattan of mosques.

What is legitimate?

What about the families who said they didn't mind or even supported the mosque?

You know, when bodies get mixed up at Arlington, the military haters are out in force with all of their "respect for the dead" lip service.

When you ask them for a little decency and respect in a place where human tissue was flying out of destroyed aircraft on the buildings below as far as far as jet parts, they can't deal with that.

And do we limit any new buildings (short of a monument) or just the religions that offend us personally.

If a legitimate group of survivors families asks for respect, then a religion of peace should honor that.

Some of those survivors were of the Muslim faith.

than why the outrage over the Mosque at Ground Zero?

I am not sure I understand the context overall.... but I'll give it a whirl.

I saw that as a twitter btw, in any event if 20 guys like this guy went out and committed the same crimes, then there is most probably a common causality, here this isn't the case, he appears unbalanced and....the end of him is the end of this singular event via his madness that drove him to it. I think the mosque and what we see as motivating factor behind Khobar towers, the embassies, the Cole, 911, Hasan are linked, it doesn't disappear with just 20 Terrorists.

The context is to simply point out that Palin says one thing, but does another.

For the larger issue, If you are going to take that route, then is Islam an inherently evil/violent religion?

I saw that as a twitter btw, in any event if 20 guys like this guy went out and committed the same crimes, then there is most probably a common causality, here this isn't the case, he appears unbalanced and....the end of him is the end of this singular event via his madness that drove him to it. I think the mosque and what we see as motivating factor behind Khobar towers, the embassies, the Cole, 911, Hasan are linked, it doesn't disappear with just 20 Terrorists.

For the larger issue, If you are going to take that route, then is Islam an inherently evil/violent religion?

what thing has she done and what other thing has she done?

as far as evil? no of course not, but its best we be on our guard, theres only one or 2 threads that ties the overarching threat together...*shrugs* what are we supposed to do forget the minute after a T act is committed or self bungled or unsuccessful for whatever reason?

The mosque issue itself? I wish they would employ understanding and display sensitivity myself...

Last edited:

My opinion of it might change if they showed respect to the survivors and families who perished at the WTC.

Barring that, they're nothing but self-centered ideologues.

So what? That doesn't negate the majority of survivors who don't want it there.

The quote in the title is hers. Opposing the mosque is the thing that she has done.

If "crimes begin and end with the criminal who committed them", then why hold an entire religion accountable for the actions of 19 people.

So what? That doesn't negate the majority of survivors who don't want it there.

Link to poll of survivors.
Thanks....

My opinion of it might change if they showed respect to the survivors and families who perished at the WTC.

Barring that, they're nothing but self-centered ideologues.

What is "show respect"?

9-11-plane-crash-twin-towers-new-york-2.jpg

You haven't been in downtown Manhattan have you? Have you even been to the WTC area? There are titty bars right there, should those be forced to close down because they're by the WTC? Answer me that one honestly.

Also, I have two members of my immediate family buried in Arlington. I guess you'd also consider me to be a "military hater" huh? This military hater comes from a military family, and was in a bad car accident in my teenage years that left me unable to pass the physical to become a marine (because I have a metal rod in my left leg, and yes I tried to sign up). Don't use Arlington, or the military for political points. You wont win.

What are you parsing?

What POINT are you trying to relay?

You are MIXING events.

As to the Mosque genius?

The American people have an aversion to allowing the RELIGION of the KILLERS from that day holding SACRED GROUND.

Or aren't you that fucking bright and showing your lackluster brillience at being a Statist moron?

as far as evil? no of course not, but its best we be on our guard, theres only one or 2 threads that ties the overarching threat together...*shrugs* what are we supposed to do forget the minute after a T act is committed or self bungled or unsuccessful for whatever reason?

The mosque issue itself? I wish they would employ understanding and display sensitivity myself...

Yeah, I think they should move the meat market down there, that is almost right across from 911 towers. He always has signs in his big window, leg of lamb, shoulder roast, sliced knuckles, blood sausage, ribs, etc. I think that is disrespectful and not being sensitive to the jumpers. Something about ground hamburger for sale, just isn't right.

What are you parsing?

You are MIXING events.

As to the Mosque genius?

The American people have an aversion to allowing the RELIGION of the KILLERS from that day holding SACRED GROUND.

Or aren't you that fucking bright and showing your lackluster brillience at being a Statist moron?

Geeze, they ought to take offense at the Christian god that let them all die. Kick all those religious churches out of there!!!!

First, I have not protested the mosque. When I first heard about the issue, I said, "No frigging way!" A mosque in the footprints of the twin towers would have been disrespectful in my opinion. Twenty minutes later when I had read the truth of the story, that the Islamic Community Center was two blocks away, I was not opposed to the idea.

However, I still believe that a mosque on would be disrespectful.

That being said, the debate over the mosque has nothing to do with whether or not those who want to erect the community center had anything to do with 9/11, but rather whether or not they are showing proper respect to those who lost loved ones at that location.

At least that is how I see it.

Immie

You are somehow equating the religion of a set of perpertators to a henous crime...that seem right to you, in the land of the free?

The Glock dealer was no more a perpetrator than the American Imam.

The Glock dealer would not think to open up a store on the site of a mass murder. Nobody would defend the decency of his decision to do that, including me.

The American Imam, he doesn't have the same decency and respect.

Seriously, doesn't this hurt?

It's a great argument.

If you don't agree, refute it.

The cheap shot doesn't cut it Maddie.

If you claimed to be respectful and decent, why would you thumb your nose at familes of survivors who asked to to build your mosque elsewhere?

I felt similar to you at the outset. Then I realised that you are punishing people through no fault of their own.

So, those good "christian" folk in Mississippi who killed those three civil rights' boys back in the 60s should have their local church demolished?

Where did Timothy McVeigh discuss the Oklahoma bombing with Terry Whatshisname? The local Taco Bell? And if so, is that to be demolished, too?

I'm having trouble with you analogy.

No one is saying an existing mosque should be demolished. The debate is whether or not a new mosque should be built at that very location. So, I am having trouble understanding how you come up with demolishing the church in Mississippi.

Immie

If the local imam is inciting violence, arranging payment to the families of suicide bombers, and telling people to kill innocents, then he is a criminal too.

Get it?

What are you parsing?

You are MIXING events.

As to the Mosque genius?

Geeze, they ought to take offense at the Christian god that let them all die. Kick all those religious churches out of there!!!!

Leave it to Shithead to take it outta context.

Nice going ACE.

Forum List

Back