If asked, would you...

Among other things yes. If you are on the conservative side of things your whole family will be considered legitimate targets by the horses rear ends at the Daily KOS, DU, Huffington Post and a host of other leftwing sites.

But of course you dismiss the continuing barrage of viral e-mails about Obama, his family, and his administration that constantly have to be smacked down by sites such as Snopes.com. and Factcheck.org. How sad that someone who often has intelligent comments can be such a hypocrite.

Run for political office? If you had an opportunity to run for a state level office would you?

I've been asked but don't know if the timing is right for my personal life.

Yes. In fact I plan to. Many other things have to happen 1st, but that is my goal. :)

Then you'd better start NOW reconsidering avatars for your online comments.

I vote for the bewbs; she was more more interesting with cleavage

What exactly has been legislated so far that has affected your life? The Stimulus Bill and the 2009 Budget are the only spending bills.

Yeah, and those were just minor spending bills, right? :cuckoo:

The first was necessary; the second would still be being debated on the respective floors with only three months left in the fiscal year. A no brainer.

Run for political office? If you had an opportunity to run for a state level office would you?

I've been asked but don't know if the timing is right for my personal life.

Yes. In fact I plan to. Many other things have to happen 1st, but that is my goal. :)

Then you'd better start NOW reconsidering avatars for your online comments.

:lol:

I'm not too worried. I have many steps ahead of me, college, military service, at least a few years practicing as a lawyer... I won't be able to get really started for probably 10 years, and then I'll spend at least the next 20 climbing as high as I can. By the time I reach the point where anyone is going to give a shit about my online comments as a teenager the people trying to give that shit will all be MY age. I'm not going to be judged by today's old fart outlook on life. If anything I'd imagine that the evidence of my interest in politics from early on will bolster my rep. But thanks for your concern.

---

This brings up a point I've been thinking about for a while. It seems to me like there's a sort of horizon that people can't see past. Somewhere along the way your frame of reference gets set but the horizon keeps moving. At first it's ok because you're up to date, but as time goes on things happen which you couldn't foresee. Maggie thinks me in a bikini will de detrimental to me as a politician. I don't know how old Maggie is but the comment leaves me feeling she must have had her frame of reference set quite a while ago. I don't think the bikini pics were especially revealing and I can't imagine how they could be held against me in 30+ years. The first president elected since I was born admitted to smoking pot and had an affair - that's just the beginning of MY frame of reference. When my generation goes to Spring Break we go where there's a lot of water, get drunk, naked and fuck. That's my frame of reference. Those are going to be the people judging me. Do you really think a bikini avatar is going to hurt me with MY peers? I don't. But I'd be interested in what others think of my moving horizon/fixed point of reference theory. :)

Among other things yes. If you are on the conservative side of things your whole family will be considered legitimate targets by the horses rear ends at the Daily KOS, DU, Huffington Post and a host of other leftwing sites.

But of course you dismiss the continuing barrage of viral e-mails about Obama, his family, and his administration that constantly have to be smacked down by sites such as Snopes.com. and Factcheck.org. How sad that someone who often has intelligent comments can be such a hypocrite.
ROFLMAO

that is NOTHING compared to what Sarah Palin has been put through
you are such a fucking partisan joke

What exactly has been legislated so far that has affected your life? The Stimulus Bill and the 2009 Budget are the only spending bills.

Yeah, and those were just minor spending bills, right? :cuckoo:

The first was necessary; the second would still be being debated on the respective floors with only three months left in the fiscal year. A no brainer.

I don't know where you get your information from, but what on earth makes you think that there have only been two spending bills "so far"?

June 15, 2009

Foreign Relations Authorization Act, Fiscal Years 2010 and 2011 - Vote Passed (235-187, 11 Not Voting)
The House passed this bill that would authorize funding for the Department of State and the Peace Corps through fiscal year 2011

Pakistan Enduring Assistance and Cooperation Enhancement (PEACE) Act - Vote Passed (234-185, 14 Not Voting)
The House approved this bill to authorize democratic, economic and security assistance to Pakistan.

Those were just from last week.

These are from the week before:

June 8, 2009
Transportation Security Administration Authorization Act - Vote Passed (397-25, 11 Not Voting)
This bill would authorize programs, advisory groups and spending to improve security at U.S. airports and rail systems. It also prohibits the TSA from using whole-body imaging machines at primary security checkpoints of airports.

Shall I continue?

l_f02af5910fd741d98af3219965e5f983.jpg

No, I would not run, but I would campaign.​

Last edited:
Depends--If you are totally corrutp--sure you should run. You would fit right in with our leaders.

But if you are honest, then you may find it a bit rough.......

HAHAHA--that is a joke.

Political activism is necessary for all civilians and running for public office is probably the most patriotic thing a person can do. ( Do not repeat that, AH, it may come off as egotisitcal while you are running or in office!!)

If you think you can fight for what you believe in by winning a public office, go for it. If it is about money, power, or some craziness that many of us do not care about, then understand we are tired of those type of politicians and stay out of the political arena.

I will be cheering you --wait, you are a conservative!!! I will be slinging mud-covered rocks at you!!:tongue:

Forum List

Back