If asked, would you...

I'm hoping to overhaul the eduction system. Make it more localized and less control from above. There's no reason it costs as much as it does to educate our children. I've home schooled and know it doesn't cost as much as they spend on it. More parental control of everything the schools do. In Head Start there's a wonderful thing called a Policy Council. They are equal to the board of directors. They make decisions just like the board. They choose when someone is hired or fired. I know this idea will make a big difference in our schools.

I'm also aiming to get government out of our day to day lives as much as possible. All too often people fear the government when they know what's right and what's wrong. I'd aim to end the drug war. Enforce the laws that hurt more than just the person committing the crime. Enough of the big brother garbage.

How do you feel that you can change the laws, policies and procedures that people before you couldn't? Do you think that you can resist succumbing to the special interests that affect politics even at the local level?

I can bring new ideas to the table. Several of them I discussed today in Salem. Special interest for myself is with sticking to Our Constitution. I will pass everything through that filter first.

Yes, and yes I am. I've seen enough, and I'm fed up with these bat shit crazy liberals ramming their sick ass, spend, spend, spend, tax us to death, faggot loving agenda down our throats. I want to be able to stand up and tell them to FUCK OFF... in a diplomatic fashion of course.

What exactly has been legislated so far that has affected your life? The Stimulus Bill and the 2009 Budget are the only spending bills, along with a few other minor things like stem cell research, CHIP (health care for children), women's rights, and a few Executive Orders subject to nullification at any time. So far, your taxes have not gone up, as that takes an act of Congress. So far there is no health care bill, as Congress will be battling that one for months, there is no new energy bill. There is no 2010 Budget Bill, no new foreign policy edict.

In other words, until some of that DOES get "rammed down your throat," what the fuck is your problem? The system is working the way it always does: The President has his agenda, Congress picks it apart. The President wins some, he loses some.

Run for political office? If you had an opportunity to run for a state level office would you?

I've been asked but don't know if the timing is right for my personal life.

I would advise you to speak to others already serving in your legislature about what the job entails. It isn't as glamourous as it may seem. Lots of homework, reading bills and background material with less and less time available for the family. Be prepared to meet up with staunch opposition to whatever your goals might be since our system of government demands debate. Be prepared to make articulate arguments for your cause, but also be prepared to change your mind and not be ashamed to say so. If you make a mistake, and you will, admit it and move on.

Good luck to you!

No. I would not run for state office. I'm done with working for the government. I encourage anyone else interested to do so.

Good luck if you're in California. Our government is bankrupt.

No. I would not run for state office. I'm done with working for the government. I encourage anyone else interested to do so.

Good luck if you're in California. Our government is bankrupt.

Thankfully, no I'm not. Followed my own Oregon Trail many years ago out of that state.

Nope no little ones or big ones either other than what I've posted here and other places on line. But it doesn't matter. The loyal opposition will fabriacte something out of whole cloth if they have to and no one is perfect least of all me.

Among other things yes. If you are on the conservative side of things your whole family will be considered legitimate targets by the horses rear ends at the Daily KOS, DU, Huffington Post and a host of other leftwing sites.

Run for political office? If you had an opportunity to run for a state level office would you?

I've been asked but don't know if the timing is right for my personal life.

Yes. In fact I plan to. Many other things have to happen 1st, but that is my goal. :)

If you're open to some advice, DO NOT EVER wait for the hubby to be sure about what YOU WANT!

I agree but would you vote for someone who doesn't even have their spouse behind them?

Is that part of the rectal exam ? :confused:

Maybe I can help clear up the confusion, if Angel doesn't mind :lol:

Gave her some hints privately, but basically it boils down to this.

I'd examine the reason(s) why. If the reasons are political differences, I'd have to wonder how they became so different, and then still decided between the candidates based on MY views. If not political reasons, it isn't really any of MY business, but depending on what they were, I might be more apt to vote for the candidate because they chose their path to happiness rather than submitting to their spouse's demands for their happiness. The best solution is a compromise of some kind, but that doesn't always happen.

Forum List

Back